Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

Mine is permanently cold. I live in Australia, it is spring - granted it’s not always hot but it’s still tshirt weather (20 degrees). She sticks the heater on FULL BLAST. I suggest putting a jumper on and she wears a flimsy cardigan with holes in it. Jesus wept.
20⁰C IS hot.

On 07/09/2022 at 16:57, FK1Bairn said:

I don't live in Australia but mine's the same. I can't be arsed looking but I'm sure I've posted previously that her answer to being cold is to stick the heating on. The fact she's walking about with no jumper or socks on has nothing to do with her being cold though 🙄

I've a stepdaughter like that, tee shirt, no socks in the middle of winter - "It's f****** cold in here". Put some clothes on, then!

58 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

"WTF is that clattering noise coming from the kitchen?" I thought?

Eventual inspection of the dishwasher finds a rogue object put in at the last moment:

image.png.d8e4929f4ef99b83486e93614d80fa19.png

argh-fuck.gif

First time in ages that I didn't stack the dishwasher the other night. Stacked maniacally. 

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

"WTF is that clattering noise coming from the kitchen?" I thought?

Eventual inspection of the dishwasher finds a rogue object put in at the last moment:

image.png.d8e4929f4ef99b83486e93614d80fa19.png

argh-fuck.gif

Someone in Airdrie stacked their knife like that, slipped on some water on the floor and fell on it...deid!

• 2 weeks later...

Had a face on because i didn't cut the grass at the weekend so decides to cut the grass herself. 

I explained that she'd need the extension to do the far end. Apparently it would reach. 

Q1- how do you switch it on?

Q2- so how does this extension work (really)?

Q3- does that bottom bit usually come off? 

I thought she meant the (flymo) blades. "No problem" , i said, "you just stick them back in. No, hang on. I've never seen that bit come off before" 

Apparently i can just buy a new one anyway so i don't need to be such an arsehole. 

On 09/09/2022 at 10:48, Darren said:

First time in ages that I didn't stack the dishwasher the other night. Stacked maniacally. 

For a species that constantly greets that they've to do housework all the time, I've found out over the years that your average woman can't hang up wet clothes, fill a dishwasher right or put absolutely ANYTHING away where it's meant to be. They just cannot do it.

6 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

ALWAYS leaves the empty loo roll holder sitting around the bathroom instead of lobbing it into the paper bin in the kitchen. A very short walk away . Every single one. 

To be fair, at least you've something to use in an emergency if (when) nobody replaces the loo roll 

I was out getting some beers, and got a call to say she was heading out to help her pal with something.  I got home to find both doors unlocked. I phoned her.  The reply?? "I know i didn't lock them, I was in a hurry"

20220924_181644.jpg

29 minutes ago, philpy said:

I was out getting some beers, and got a call to say she was heading out to help her pal with something.  I got home to find both doors unlocked. I phoned her.  The reply?? "I know i didn't lock them, I was in a hurry"

20220924_181644.jpg

Remove some of her 'precious' items and hide them somewhere so she thinks you've been robbed and see if she learns a lesson.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, 11 days and women haven't annoyed any of us in that time? Until now

I got up at half 6 this morning and went downstairs to walk the dog as usual. I found the washing machine to be on and a load of washing spinning around inside which means she has set the machine last night to come on about half 5 this morning. I think she thinks the cost of living won't affect us and we can afford to have power to a washing machine for at least 7 hours while sleeping

54 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

I got up at half 6 this morning and went downstairs to walk the dog as usual. I found the washing machine to be on and a load of washing spinning around inside which means she has set the machine last night to come on about half 5 this morning. I think she thinks the cost of living won't affect us and we can afford to have power to a washing machine for at least 7 hours while sleeping

How much energy do you think this is “wasting”, having power to a washing machine that isn’t using the power other than to run a timer?

Equally, what kind of tariff are you on?  Some tariff are cheaper at night, so she might be saving money.  She might not, but if not, the marginal cost to having the timer on isn’t going to be the difference between food on the table or not.  

3 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

You're in the wrong here, lad.