Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

6 hours ago, Eatmygoal said:

We are lucky enough to be relatively well off in general, however we have a few big expenses coming up and have agreed the need to save some money. Great, but she can't seem to comprehend weekend takeaways and lunch out with her pals during the week are luxuries! Ffs I feel guilty for buying a coffee at work, then find out she's spent another £15 on brunch! 

Exact same here, my wife is terrible for this kind of thing when we are trying to cut back a little.

On 07/05/2022 at 19:16, BFTD said:

Send her a PM then, FFS.

Beer, sure, but I've genuinely never heard of alcohol-free spirits.

That's like solvent-free glue. What would it even consist of?

There’s a load of them now, you get alcohol free whisky and alcohol free tequila. 

Peas and hay, according to the makers -

https://www.seedlipdrinks.com/en-us/our-story/?&wickedsource=google&wickedid=Cj0KCQjwvqeUBhCBARIsAOdt45YymasJeCkWRxFmS-MOxqxMdnGaoekL0v2g0hMROfA9_VUOa46sDUYaAlXREALw_wcB&wickedid=563647465125&wv=3.1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwvqeUBhCBARIsAOdt45YymasJeCkWRxFmS-MOxqxMdnGaoekL0v2g0hMROfA9_VUOa46sDUYaAlXREALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

We are lucky enough to be relatively well off in general, however we have a few big expenses coming up and have agreed the need to save some money. Great, but she can't seem to comprehend weekend takeaways and lunch out with her pals during the week are luxuries! Ffs I feel guilty for buying a coffee at work, then find out she's spent another £15 on brunch! 

Mine got us (me) to do a financial planner, then the next day she’s off buying sourdough brunches.

10 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

"Spirits without the intoxicating effects" is still a mind-blowing concept to me.

Like dating without the sex - I know there are (probably) plenty of folk who are into it, but it's not for me, Brian.

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

She stuck the washing out earlier and has now texted me complaining that its raining.

Did she fail to notice the large, dark clouds that have been over the region all day?

The amount of time she takes to start her work in the morning is off the fucking charts.

Would be fine if she didn't moan about how much work she had to do, doesn't help when I mention that turning your laptop on at your start time and starting work shouldn't have a 30-40 min gap.

There’s three women coming round to the house later, so you can all imagine the absolute state of panic the wife is currently in just now, trying to make amends for having done no housework in a month in order to impress her mother, sister, and a toddler who’ll not give a f**k about anything beyond there being some cheese in the fridge. 

Also, there’s a gardener coming round. Told us at short notice - 2000hrs yesterday! - he would be round today and the wife is busy negotiating with her ma to borrow money to pay him today. ‘We get paid on Monday, pay him then, or even better pay him in August if he turns up wearing that ‘No Surrender’ T-shirt and giving choice opinions on the subjects of the day’ I reply, which has somehow insulted her good name by suggesting he doesn’t get paid within the hour. 

Less than one hour of her being in the hoose while I’m attempting to WFH. Seven hours to go. 

5 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

The amount of time she takes to start her work in the morning is off the fucking charts.

Would be fine if she didn't moan about how much work she had to do, doesn't help when I mention that turning your laptop on at your start time and starting work shouldn't have a 30-40 min gap.

Sounds like a bit of an amateur in the skiving stakes.  Needs to up her game IMO.

15 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

There’s three women coming round to the house later, so you can all imagine the absolute state of panic the wife is currently in just now, trying to make amends for having done no housework in a month in order to impress her mother, sister, and a toddler who’ll not give a f**k about anything beyond there being some cheese in the fridge. 

Also, there’s a gardener coming round. Told us at short notice - 2000hrs yesterday! - he would be round today and the wife is busy negotiating with her ma to borrow money to pay him today. ‘We get paid on Monday, pay him then, or even better pay him in August if he turns up wearing that ‘No Surrender’ T-shirt and giving choice opinions on the subjects of the day’ I reply, which has somehow insulted her good name by suggesting he doesn’t get paid within the hour. 

Less than one hour of her being in the hoose while I’m attempting to WFH. Seven hours to go. 

Think that's bad, wait until you have health visitors visiting!

Was doing some decorating last night.  Went out and bought decent 12" trade rollers and paint buckets so we could get through it quicker.  Mrs B then proceeds to start putting emulsion on the wall with a radiator roller.  Every fucking time.

2 hours ago, Left Back said:

Sounds like a bit of an amateur in the skiving stakes.  Needs to up her game IMO.

Many years ago I worked for the council. 

In the skiving stakes, we came second to nobody.