Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

On 24/04/2022 at 10:29, Leith Green said:

Vaguely remember that.

Also, you can probably trace part of the obesity epidemic back to the 80s, where people sold Bon Accord juice out the back of lorries to the schemies of Edinburgh. 

IIRC they hooked people in with cheap juice and deposits on the bottles?

It was Cresta vans round these parts (Dundee). 

Have you seen the fucking price of Bon Accord juice nowadays?! :lol:

I have a vague memory of an auld boy riding a cart with a big horse to sell bottles of Barr's down our suburban street in the Eighties. I take it he'd been doing it for donkey's years and saw no need to change to one of those newfangled motorised vehicles you heard about on the wireless.

49 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I have a vague memory of an auld boy riding a cart with a big horse to sell bottles of Barr's down our suburban street in the Eighties. I take it he'd been doing it for donkey's years and saw no need to change to one of those newfangled motorised vehicles you heard about on the wireless.

Carrots were cheaper than diesel, even in those days. 

On 08/04/2022 at 17:58, steelmen said:

I had a destination wedding. Ex wife and I got married on a beach in Jamaica… our guests and witnesses were the couple who got married 2 days before us.

We were supposed to have a party when we got back but the wife decided against it. Should have taken that as a sign as she spent the next few years trying to separate me from my friends… hence why she’s my ex wife.

We learned a lot from the other couple as they got married at midday and the cake ceremony was at the nudist section of the beach… their photos must have been interesting. We had ours at 10am before the nudists got up!

This all sounds too conveniently familiar to be true but if your wedding was October 2000 in a Sandals on Montego Bay then I was there. Same holiday my boy was conceived and she too is now an ex-wife! 😳

ETA - and total thread derailment -but I also remember on the same holiday lounging in bed in the pm watching Tiger Woods cream a 200+yd 5-iron out a bunker over 180yds of water to win the Canadian Open. 20-odd years later, I still think it’s the best baws-oot golf shot I’ve ever seen. 

Found it!:

16 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

It was Cresta vans round these parts (Dundee). 

Have you seen the fucking price of Bon Accord juice nowadays?! :lol:

Around the Ardler multis it was Bon Accord, at least back in the early - mid 70s. 

This all sounds too conveniently familiar to be true but if your wedding was October 2000 in a Sandals on Montego Bay then I was there. Same holiday my boy was conceived and she too is now an ex-wife! [emoji15]

28th jan 1999

Pretty sure it was Runaway bay from memory… although it could have been Montego Bay, it was so long ago.

17 hours ago, Eednud said:

Was that in a bottle that was a large variation of a glass Coke bottle?

Not really, if you mean the Coke bottle with rib design.  The Bon Accord bottles were pretty plan and non descript. 

7 hours ago, hk blues said:

Not really, if you mean the Coke bottle with rib design.  The Bon Accord bottles were pretty plan and non descript. 

I’m thinking of back in early 1960’s so might not have been the same company or just a figment of my imagination.

18 hours ago, Eednud said:

I’m thinking of back in early 1960’s so might not have been the same company or just a figment of my imagination.

I had a hunt around but their bottle design has been pretty much as is for as long as I can see photos.  

On 24/04/2022 at 10:29, Leith Green said:

Vaguely remember that.

Also, you can probably trace part of the obesity epidemic back to the 80s, where people sold Bon Accord juice out the back of lorries to the schemies of Edinburgh. 

IIRC they hooked people in with cheap juice and deposits on the bottles?

"Juice" Terry Lawson likes this post.

Few things rolled into one here....

Starting with whining about being hungry and wanting her dinner, which I have made and is now ready, but she is on here EVERY NIGHT phone call to her gran which for some reason CANNOT be cut short by saying "that's my tea ready, speak to you again about this inane shite in less than 24 hours".

Similar applies with here nightly call from her pal who always says "hi, are you busy" to which the reply can seemingly never be "yeah il phone you back in 10", regardless what's going on.

28 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Few things rolled into one here....

Starting with whining about being hungry and wanting her dinner, which I have made and is now ready, but she is on here EVERY NIGHT phone call to her gran which for some reason CANNOT be cut short by saying "that's my tea ready, speak to you again about this inane shite in less than 24 hours".

Similar applies with here nightly call from her pal who always says "hi, are you busy" to which the reply can seemingly never be "yeah il phone you back in 10", regardless what's going on.

She's needing fed a length.