Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

1 hour ago, steelmen said:

I had a destination wedding. Ex wife and I got married on a beach in Jamaica… our guests and witnesses were the couple who got married 2 days before us.

We were supposed to have a party when we got back but the wife decided against it. Should have taken that as a sign as she spent the next few years trying to separate me from my friends… hence why she’s my ex wife.

We learned a lot from the other couple as they got married at midday and the cake ceremony was at the nudist section of the beach… their photos must have been interesting. We had ours at 10am before the nudists got up!

Or 50% of them, anyway...

I must be the only person that’s never heard the term “destination wedding”, I’m assuming it’s just another name for getting married abroad.
I had a small wedding and nobody even knew it was happening, other than family and close friends who were actually there. A service on the roof of terrace of the glasshouse hotel with drinks, then a reception in the private room at Kitchin.
Can’t think of anything worse than having a large wedding, and the money some of my friends spent on theirs is frightening.

1 hour ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Weddings are shite.
I can guarantee you that a lot of the people you invited really don't want to go.

Agree with this and if it was a close friend or relative I would go but I have been invited to the evening reception of four of my work colleagues over the last few years and have declined them all. Nothing against them personally and I hope they have long and happy marriages but I just didn't want to go.

This may be because I am a grumpy old man though

Agree with this and if it was a close friend or relative I would go but I have been invited to the evening reception of four of my work colleagues over the last few years and have declined them all. Nothing against them personally and I hope they have long and happy marriages but I just didn't want to go.
This may be because I am a grumpy old man though
We organised our wedding on the basis of this, and tried to mitigate things as much as possible.

I made sure we had the football scores on the TV whilst we were getting photos done, and we stuck 200 quid behind the bar for that couple of hours between the service and the meal.

Whole wedding in one venue, no photographer and spent more on the band.

Worked out pretty well.

Decided to clean out the fridge a week before we move out and binned things like mustard and tomato purée and lazy garlic etc then complains we don’t have ingredients in to make the meals she fancies.

Decided to clean out the fridge a week before we move out and binned things like mustard and tomato purée and lazy garlic etc then complains we don’t have ingredients in to make the meals she fancies.
Order her a kebab and tell her to shut the f**k up?

• 2 weeks later...

My wife asked me if I needed to go to toilet. I assumed that she needed to go and didn't want me rapping on the door as soon as she got comfortable. I said no, and then there was a bit of (increasingly tetchy) back and forth about me going to the toilet.

Turned out she wanted to clean the mat in the living room and wanted me out of the room so the stoor didn't affect my chest.

Why couldn't she have said that in the first place, instead of the pantomime about asking me about going to the toilet?

I did go to the toilet as it happens, if only to kill a bit of time...

Free bar though. Wait...

Been invited to the evening do of a former work colleague who’s getting married again in June. He’s a quiet sort, his missus to-be certainly wears the troosers. 2nd time for both of them and I’d imagine they’re not short of a few bob.
The invite (accompanied by a suggested gift list) informs guests that the evening ‘reception’ will be hosted in their garden with the note “please bring a bottle of your favourite tipple”.
I quickly flipped over the card just to check if there was a further instruction, something like...
“Please feel free to bring along a plate of sandwiches of your choice or perhaps a selection of vol au vents with your preferred fillings & maybe some of those mini trifles from Waitrose!! [emoji23]

11 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
11 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
Asked her to grab a bottle of coke when she was out. She's brought back Pepsi. Divorce papers to be requested on Monday.

Pepsi > Coke.

10 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
11 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
Pepsi > Coke.

Yer at it.

Pepsi Max is, by an absolute mile, the best cola variant.