Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

6 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

We got married in December. We imagined a lovely winter scene with snow, frost, and all that beautiful stuff. It was pissing rain. 

Ours was March. imagined a lovely spring wedding mincing about the daffodils.

Woke up to 12 inches of the white stuff.

gif from 'Carry On Regardless!' (1961) | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs |  Tumgir

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

My destination wedding was Fife under a foot of snow. 

53 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

We got married in December. We imagined a lovely winter scene with snow, frost, and all that beautiful stuff. It was pissing rain. 

We also got married in Fife (many moons ago).

Nae snow or rain but the hotel that held the reception is now a supermarket and flats. 

19 hours ago, TheScarf said:

December is always pretty mild is it not?  Doesn't snow here until February usually.

I think over the last 10/15 year Winter has definitely decided to start mid Jan

On 06/04/2022 at 14:31, TheScarf said:

December is always pretty mild is it not?  Doesn't snow here until February usually.

I make this mistake every year. Look forward to some time off over Christmas not having to be bothered driving about in the snow, only for it then to not snow until i'm back at work.

On 17/03/2022 at 16:36, FK1Bairn said:

She wanted and bought brand new clothes pegs in October to use this year because she thought the ones we were using were sh*t. 

I had the "pleasure" of being first to use these new ones today while hanging out bedding. This was the result 

That's a pillow case trying to escape, 3 times I rescued it before shoving it on an airer inside. Can't wait to tell her "wouldn't have happened with the old ones that actually kept a grip"

Why do women have to change things for the worse? Why can't they leave perfectly working things as they are?20220317_125547.thumb.jpg.52d1b7bfd6a9cc9f49ea44598f409aae.jpg

If my short experience of being on this community is anything to go by, @Hedgecutter will now know where you live 

On 06/04/2022 at 14:37, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Ours was March. imagined a lovely spring wedding mincing about the daffodils.

Woke up to 12 inches of the white stuff.

gif from 'Carry On Regardless!' (1961) | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs |  Tumgir

No quite the 12 inches of white stuff your missus would rather have had on her wedding day i bet

Destination wedding for us I’m afraid.

A whole 100 mile away in Gretna we invited our close family and half them went home after the dinner and we came back the next day and had a f**k off reception.

Couldn’t think of anything worse than going to America or such for a wedding right enough.

Edited by gav-ffc

Destination wedding for us too.  In the Highlands where my in-laws live.  Guests had to shell out for some petrol to travel and a night in a hotel.  Doesn’t seem unreasonable to me.  I can’t remember the last time I went to a wedding and didn’t have to shell out for a hotel.  f**k asking people to pay for flights and a few nights away.

6 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Destination wedding for us too.  In the Highlands where my in-laws live.  Guests had to shell out for some petrol to travel and a night in a hotel.  Doesn’t seem unreasonable to me.  I can’t remember the last time I went to a wedding and didn’t have to shell out for a hotel.  f**k asking people to pay for flights and a few nights away.

I had to shell out for 2 (TWO) nights at a hotel for a wedding in Perth as she had to be at the venue for 8am for make up as part of the bridal party and no chance I was doing a wedding sober to get down the road that night.

This happens generally when we are going out in the near future. 

I'll say something like, just grabbing a drink or just nipping to the loo. She will then take this as an opportunity to stop me, engage in a stream of drivel usually with a pointless task at the end. I'll do this for her and then she'll moan that I haven't already done the thing I said I was away to do 20 minutes ago! 

Fuck going to a wedding abroad unless at least half of it was being subsidised by the bride and groom.

For those who have got married in America, how much did that cost each guest? And did you pay towards any of it?

We were invited to a Vegas wedding. Took our boys with us and made it part of a road trip from San Francisco. In all honesty, the wedding and the Vegas experience generally was the low part of the holiday. Picked up in a limo with no AC then everyone had to wait in the foyer until another wedding finished. The dinner, which was part of the wedding package, turned out to be in a restaurant in a shopping mall. The bride had to walk there in the full get-up. Also, they split up very soon afterwards and were divorced within six months. If I'd gone there only for that I'd have been fuming.

Dodgers game and Yosemite Park made it all worthwhile.

I had a destination wedding. Ex wife and I got married on a beach in Jamaica… our guests and witnesses were the couple who got married 2 days before us.

We were supposed to have a party when we got back but the wife decided against it. Should have taken that as a sign as she spent the next few years trying to separate me from my friends… hence why she’s my ex wife.

We learned a lot from the other couple as they got married at midday and the cake ceremony was at the nudist section of the beach… their photos must have been interesting. We had ours at 10am before the nudists got up!