Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

She's agreed for us to go to her pal's wedding. Now, I know what you're thinking, this is way down the list of vile behaviour perpetrated by the partners of P&B members, but there is more.
It's a "destination wedding" in Florida, where her pal will marry "the man of her dreams". Fair enough, it's an added expense that we really don't need at the moment, but they have been pals since they were 3. My major issue with this is that, in 2017, we attended a "destination wedding" in Spain, where the same girl married her "soulmate", and that the hen do had been in Las Vegas. This time around, the hen is going to be a quiet one. In Marbella.
Apparently, I'm the dick for suggesting the pal is basically having a multi-verse version of her previous wedding, and wondering aloud what the locations for part 3 will be.
Tbf you might be able to get a wee trip to Universal Studios whilst you're there.

2 minutes ago, Empty It said:
2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:
She's agreed for us to go to her pal's wedding. Now, I know what you're thinking, this is way down the list of vile behaviour perpetrated by the partners of P&B members, but there is more.
It's a "destination wedding" in Florida, where her pal will marry "the man of her dreams". Fair enough, it's an added expense that we really don't need at the moment, but they have been pals since they were 3. My major issue with this is that, in 2017, we attended a "destination wedding" in Spain, where the same girl married her "soulmate", and that the hen do had been in Las Vegas. This time around, the hen is going to be a quiet one. In Marbella.
Apparently, I'm the dick for suggesting the pal is basically having a multi-verse version of her previous wedding, and wondering aloud what the locations for part 3 will be.

Tbf you might be able to get a wee trip to Universal Studios whilst you're there.

There are a lot of very nice golf courses in the area.

It might be an idea for me to visit one of them instead of going to the wedding in case I say something inappropriate

I worked with a woman who was a newly-wed when we first met and was always banging on about how great her husband was. Two years later she was divorced and had married husband #4. Some people are just incapable of being alone.

I occasionally run into #4, but I'm too much of a shitebag to ask if there have been any further nuptials. The fact that he's never mentioned her probably says a lot, thinking about it.

1 minute ago, Empty It said:

Is this your way of saying that the lassie's jumped the shark?

1 hour ago, RH33 said:

Two marriages in five years?!?

I've a s-i-l who is on husband nr 3 (so to speak), although there was considerably more than 5 years between nr 1 & 2 and 2 & 3

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Correct.

She was also engaged twice before the first one

Reminds me of my step daughter's pal.

3 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Not sure if this is maybe Unpopular Opinions thread stuff, but anyone who has a 'destination wedding' is a selfish, look-at-me b*****d.

Get married where it's relatively cheap and easy for people to come and then do what the f**k you want for your honeymoon.

It really gets up my nose. I fucking hate it.

We got married in the States, but most of the reasoning was NOT to have to deal with all the shite that most weddings entail. Immediate family only and none of this pish about not sitting Auntie Jean near Uncle Wullie because they've had an ongoing feud since the mid-70s or some second cousin you barely know wanting to bring a dozen folk.

13 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Correct.

She was also engaged twice before the first one

I think your wife maybe knows her best mate is a fruitloop, but it's difficult to admit that kind of thing.

I agree with @VincentGuerin re destination weddings, it's really shite form to force a 2nd one in 5 years. What an inconsiderate boot.

The lassie is probably one of those dingulls that thinks money grows on trees and just racks up massive credit card bills as well.......

15 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

She sounds like one of these Live, Laugh, Love arseholes. 

12 hours ago, Empty It said:

I would've thought people that got married the first time would've learnt their lesson.

I don't know, if you try something and like it you try it again most of the time. 

P.S. That makes no sense now I think about it!

9 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

We got married in the States, but most of the reasoning was NOT to have to deal with all the shite that most weddings entail. Immediate family only and none of this pish about not sitting Auntie Jean near Uncle Wullie because they've had an ongoing feud since the mid-70s or some second cousin you barely know wanting to bring a dozen folk.

A bit different if it's just the family, but this pish of getting an invitation through the door to some mate's wedding in fucking Italy or Bali or some shite like that. Get to f**k, I've got my own holiday plans.

14 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I've always assumed a person 2nd marriage would be a "quiet" affair.

Quite often thats what results in the end of the 1st marriage

Marvel Studios Reaction GIF by Disney+

Edited by Leith Green