Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

On 28/01/2022 at 14:54, Theroadlesstravelled said:

She gets up at 8am for work but recently has changed her alarm for 6am.
2 hours of snoozing the alarm.

This morning I was fully awake by the second snooze and went on my phone.

“Can you put you’re phone away? It’s too bright and I can’t sleep.”

E5F57FDA-1529-4C20-8B75-7AF8715B0EC6.jpeg

I thought I was the only one who had to deal with this utterly moronic behaviour.

On 05/02/2022 at 15:04, Patrick Bateman said:

Maybe another oddity from me, but my phone is always on mute.

On 05/02/2022 at 19:38, Craig the Hunter said:

Mine is always on mute as well.

On 05/02/2022 at 20:15, RH33 said:

Me too

Aye. Mines silent too. My watch tells me when someone phones though.

Can't believe how many of you keep your phone on silent. It winds me up to an unhealthy level when I try and contact someone and they eventually get in touch with the "Sorry, my phone was on silent". Are you not as well turning the fucking thing off?

I only have it on silent when I'm in bed. Any other time it's at the very least on vibrate.

Sadly my wife is also one of those 'sets multiple alarms 2 hours before she's due to get up' types. Does my nut in especially when I have to wake her up to turn the b*****ds off, how she can sleep through them is beyond me. Couple of nights ago she got up for a pish 30 minutes before her last alarm and still came back to bed and fell asleep. 9 times out of 10 I'm up before her so as I'm leaving the bedroom I put the bedroom light on and walk out. Usually works.

I am another in the phone on mute camp.  I don't wear a watch.

The other half has had to send her phone back to get fixed so been borrowing mine every 5 mins.  She is obviously a ringer on kinda gal.

Midnight on Friday my phone goes off and it is my nephew, pished out his head.  Twat had thought he was phoning his mate.

This morning, phone goes off at 9.01am and I answered it thinking it was my work phone (which is never on silent).  Turns out it is a call centre from a far off land asking for my ex.  No doubt they were going to ask her about her accident she never had.  I explained that they need to get their act together as we split up 15 years ago, it was never her number and hung up.

These and instances like these are why we leave our phones on mute 

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Can't believe how many of you keep your phone on silent. It winds me up to an unhealthy level when I try and contact someone and they eventually get in touch with the "Sorry, my phone was on silent". Are you not as well turning the fucking thing off?

I only have it on silent when I'm in bed. Any other time it's at the very least on vibrate.

I don’t like being at the beck and call of others. If they want me for something, they can wait until it suits me. Across all tech I must get hundreds of messages or notifications of some kind per day. How people can live with the constant interruption is beyond me.

3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

My phones on vibrate just so I can see who is phoning or messaging me when I rubber them. 

^^^ doing it right.

I know when my phone goes it’s never for my benefit.  It’s usually going to be grief.

If it’s Mrs. B I answer it.  If it’s anyone else they can f**k right off.

8 hours ago, Left Back said:

^^^ doing it right.

I know when my phone goes it’s never for my benefit.  It’s usually going to be grief.

If it’s Mrs. B I answer it.  If it’s anyone else they can f**k right off.

You've got that the wrong way around

18 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

My phones on vibrate just so I can see who is phoning or messaging me when I rubber them. 

Same, vibrate is the optimal, and should be the only, setting.

Silent is pointless, it may as well be off, as mentioned above.

Loud is annoying as most people only have it on that setting to show others they're getting a phone call.  It can be easy to disturb someone else when you're phone rings, just have it on vibrate.

I don’t like being at the beck and call of others. If they want me for something, they can wait until it suits me. Across all tech I must get hundreds of messages or notifications of some kind per day. How people can live with the constant interruption is beyond me.

Why bother with a phone then?

I think I must be a dinosaur on the phone front. I have one, it isn't on silent or mute. It stays downstairs overnight. 

My wife emailed me earlier to tell me to put a QR code into my phone's wallet. No clue what that means. I know what a QR code is, but the rest is gibberish.