Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeaj thats pretty much how it goes for me.

Only on loud if I am actually expecting a call.

I'd probably be the same, but I've got a kid at school and elderly parents. I got a call from the school last week because the wean had passed out and cracked his head off the floor, so I was needed at the hospital - kinda glad I didn't miss that call  :shutup

This 'phone on mute' thing is a real eye-opener.

I'm guessing most of you are popular enough that you receive more than two phone calls per week, so fair play.

43 minutes ago, BFTD said:

This 'phone on mute' thing is a real eye-opener.

I'm guessing most of you are popular enough that you receive more than two phone calls per week, so fair play.

No one phones me that matters therefore phone on silent. Imagine your phone going off because you have been in a non-existant car crash. Feck that. 

11 minutes ago, 101 said:

No one phones me that matters therefore phone on silent. Imagine your phone going off because you have been in a non-existant car crash. Feck that. 

Is it that people you care about will text you? Have mobile calls become like landline calls - things that can be safely ignored?

This is a glimpse into another world. My son never, ever does voice calls despite talking to people on his phone all the time, but I thought that was just him being weird.

Oh God, it's me, isn't it. I'm weird in yet another unexpected way.

36 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Is it that people you care about will text you? Have mobile calls become like landline calls - things that can be safely ignored?

This is a glimpse into another world. My son never, ever does voice calls despite talking to people on his phone all the time, but I thought that was just him being weird.

Oh God, it's me, isn't it. I'm weird in yet another unexpected way.

Yeh it would be unexpected to get a call more often a WhatsApp or text. Or just return their call later.

4 hours ago, buchan30 said:

I have my phone on mute unless i am expecting a call or message.
Missing calls isn’t that frequent because i tend to have my phone on me at all times (apart from in bed at night)

Only yesterday did I realised why I kept missing calls despite having the volume cranked up on my phone.  Stupid thing.

Screenshot_20220206-023942.thumb.png.8b0cfe6e011857125604fcda122654f6.png

That said, you'll have noticed that I haven't changed it, largely because I feel confident that I could pass a lie detector test with: "I had my phone turned up and didn't hear it ring".