Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

Snooze is handy on those mornings when your mind is wrenched from sleep by the alarm and you require five or ten minutes for your brain to come to terms with reality again, and how to control the fleshy mass it's embedded within. Attempting to jump straight out of bed on those days would likely result in me crashing face-first onto the floor.

Anything other than that is mental behaviour.

I bought one of they funcy Philips alarm clocks a couple of years back. Absolute game changer and, believe it or not, worth every penny of the 150 notes I spent on it. A light comes on half an hour before I'm due to get up and gradually gets brighter. It means that when the alarm sounds (gentle music that gets louder) there's no "from sleep untimely ripped" feeling so I generally wake up in a much better mood.

I do spend an hour snoozing the fucker though because my room is cold and there's no risk of gbh from a nearby significant other ☺️.

I bought one of they funcy Philips alarm clocks a couple of years back. Absolute game changer and, believe it or not, worth every penny of the 150 notes I spent on it. A light comes on half an hour before I'm due to get up and gradually gets brighter. It means that when the alarm sounds (gentle music that gets louder) there's no "from sleep untimely ripped" feeling so I generally wake up in a much better mood.
I do spend an hour snoozing the fucker though because my room is cold and there's no risk of gbh from a nearby significant other [emoji3526].

Is this the one? Sounds worth a try.
Although it has to be said that it looks like some sort of robo-fanny sex contraption [emoji1]b7595ea8ad4113ea06517ed00350c3fc.jpg

46 minutes ago, velo army said:

I do spend an hour snoozing the fucker though because my room is cold and there's no risk of gbh from a nearby significant other ☺️.

£120 on Amazon the noo. They saw you coming, m9.

I'd imagine there's probably a phone app that does something similar, but if it works for you, well done.

12 minutes ago, BFTD said:

£120 on Amazon the noo. They saw you coming, m9.

I'd imagine there's probably a phone app that does something similar, but if it works for you, well done.

Aye I Cannae mind how much it was, and I'm with Gordo on this. My phone is in the living room when I'm in bed. 

11 minutes ago, velo army said:

Aye I Cannae mind how much it was, and I'm with Gordo on this. My phone is in the living room when I'm in bed. 

Any particular reason why?

20 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Any particular reason why?

Aye I da want to be disturbed, or tempted to use it. Keeps a solid demarcation that the bedroom is for sleep. My brain likes solid boundaries, I think.

E.t.a. what Gordo the polis said.

Edited by velo army

When I was getting up for a day shift, I always had my alarm set for 04:50 and my phone alarm set for 05:02, so I could have one snooze of the alarm before getting up at 05:00, with the phone as a backup in case of power cuts, which do happen occasionally where I live.