Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

27 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

She gets up at 8am for work but recently has changed her alarm for 6am.
2 hours of snoozing the alarm.

This morning I was fully awake by the second snooze and went on my phone.

“Can you put you’re phone away? It’s too bright and I can’t sleep.”

That's grounds for divorce.

3 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

E5F57FDA-1529-4C20-8B75-7AF8715B0EC6.jpeg

Appropriate strategy:

Ben Stiller Happy Gilmore GIFs | Tenor

3 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

See the source image

So final day of the Chinese NY holiday here and we are invited over to a friend of my Mrs for some drinks and food. Friend lives out in the sticks so we are driving and I am designated driver - no issue except when we are there the Mrs barely has any. When I suggest that maybe she could drive home she tells me she will have a couple of glasses later - does she?  Does she f*ck. every time

So final day of the Chinese NY holiday here and we are invited over to a friend of my Mrs for some drinks and food. Friend lives out in the sticks so we are driving and I am designated driver - no issue except when we are there the Mrs barely has any. When I suggest that maybe she could drive home she tells me she will have a couple of glasses later - does she?  Does she f*ck. every time
That would suggest you're an arse when you drink and she's saving an embarrassing situation from developing.

On 28/01/2022 at 14:54, Theroadlesstravelled said:

E5F57FDA-1529-4C20-8B75-7AF8715B0EC6.jpeg

Did you write to the Guardian about this, too?

On 28/01/2022 at 14:54, Theroadlesstravelled said:

My son does this. Alarm starts at 5am, and goes off and on constantly until about five minutes before he leaves the house at 8am, then there's a flurry of activity before leaving the house late, complaining about being tired.

Discussions about why this is a terrible idea don't seem to have yielded any results.

16 hours ago, Loonytoons said:
On 03/02/2022 at 21:44, HK Hibee said:

That would suggest you're an arse when you drink and she's saving an embarrassing situation from developing.

If that was the case it wouldn’t be an infuriating thing my partner did?

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

My son does this. Alarm starts at 5am, and goes off and on constantly until about five minutes before he leaves the house at 8am, then there's a flurry of activity before leaving the house late, complaining about being tired.

Discussions about why this is a terrible idea don't seem to have yielded any results.

Had a flatmate at Uni who did this. Alarm set 2 hours before they wanted to get up, and complained constantly about being tired. Wound me right up, and I’m someone who does use the snooze button a couple of times in the morning.

3 hours ago, BFTD said:

This is mental behaviour.  These people need to be put on a couple of months of 3am starts , will knock that habit right out of them ! 

Id always juat assumed the snooze button was some sort of quirk, like it HAS to be on there or you cant call it an alarm clock.

Not for one second did I ever think its use was commonplace among functioning adults, far less folk who share a bed, but not a getting up time with someone else.

Cant think of anything more selfish than denying sleep..... Genuinely, someone waking me out a sleep for no good reason has been my peak heads gone kryptonite basically all my life.

I only use the snooze if I don’t really have to get up, like on a weekend or a day off.

To get up for work, I’d always assumed the correct procedure is to set the alarm for when you want to get up, and get up when the alarm goes off, thus ensuring the maximum amount of unbroken sleep. Maybe I’m missing something?