Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

3 hours ago, Craig the Hunter said:

My mum had a similar mindset. Remember her managing to freeze a pair of jeans because she insisted in hanging them outside in the middle of winter.

Apparently that's what people who buy expensive jeans do. They never wash them in case it wears down the denim; they just fold them neatly and put them in the freezer.

Presumably that's also how they store the skin that they flay from their victims.

1 2 2 3 3 

and @RH33, yes. Despite having an FK postcode and a broad Scots accent, the number of (similarly Scots) dafties in call centres that tried to put that down as SK (Stockport) was a real PTTGOMN until I just went full Army. They get it and I think are happier for it. 

45 minutes ago, RH33 said:

When on phone, do you use phonetic alphabet when giving post code?

I started learning the important letters after multiple occasions of people being unable to find my address in Stockport (FK apparently sounding like SK on noisy phone lines).

Always a laugh when I get cocky and get caught out with letters I don't know.

"Aye, the confirmation code is 1-7-6-7, Foxtrot Juliet...err...Queef?"

Edit: @alta-pete kens the score.

Edited by BFTD

12 hours ago, deegee said:

In fairness, I hung out some shirts, towels and trousers the other day for a couple hours at lunchtime. There’s maybe an alternate women’s forum with a similar thread where my other half is calling me out for this behaviour.

I like the freshness of the clothes being outside, even if only for an hour or so, and finishing them off indoors as I don’t like how they dry (that hard “foosty” feel) if only indoors.

Use fabric softener. And given them a short whirl in the tumble drier at the end. 
If I had my way, everything would transferred immediately from washing machine to tumble drier, all   year round.

11 hours ago, RH33 said:

When on phone, do you use phonetic alphabet when giving post code?

me: G12 8BL

whatever call centre: That is D for Delta and L for Lima?

me: no it B for eh.....B for.......Bus and L for Lima

Very occasionally I remember Bravo. More often than not am looking about the flat or out the window for inspiration to try and remember words starting with B - and usually it's Banana that comes to me.

8 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

Very occasionally I remember Bravo. More often than not am looking about the flat or out the window for inspiration to try and remember words starting with B - and usually it's Banana that comes to me.

Yup! 

1 hour ago, Thorongil said:

Use fabric softener. And given them a short whirl in the tumble drier at the end. 
If I had my way, everything would transferred immediately from washing machine to tumble drier, all   year round.

Tbh I am morphing into my parents for trying to avoid using excessive electricity! I also think it is better for the clothes (longevity and avoiding holes due to deterioration) to not be spun too high or to be force dried with the tumble drier.

As per my earlier note, I just don’t think there is anything better than freshly aired clothes hung on the line.

1 hour ago, deegee said:

Tbh I am morphing into my parents for trying to avoid using excessive electricity! I also think it is better for the clothes (longevity and avoiding holes due to deterioration) to not be spun too high or to be force dried with the tumble drier.

As per my earlier note, I just don’t think there is anything better than freshly aired clothes hung on the line.

I get that, but you have to balance that against quality of life. Washing clothes is very dull and worth the minimum of effort compared to life’s other pursuits. 

3 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

Keen to show off Glasgow’s most salubrious postcode there.