Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

On 15/01/2022 at 12:09, Hedgecutter said:

Meant to be hillwalking today.  Currently got approx 4 hours of daylight left, and we're still at home browning chicken to go into the slow cooker.  She has it in her head that the planned walk is still possible in daylight.  I for one look forward to our walk along an access track to the foot of the hill and back.

Hillwalking and not leaving at 6am is amateur stuff

10 minutes ago, Iminavest said:

Stuck the washing machine on before leaving for work at 7 this morning so the gf would have plenty time to hang it out before her driving lesson at 10.

Come home at half 3 and it's out but for nothing more than an hour by the feel of it.

Bored Season 3 GIF by The Office

You are in for a MASSIVE shock when you get merrit........................

1 hour ago, Iminavest said:

Stuck the washing machine on before leaving for work at 7 this morning so the gf would have plenty time to hang it out before her driving lesson at 10.

Come home at half 3 and it's out but for nothing more than an hour by the feel of it.

How dry to clothes really get outside at this time of year?

2 hours ago, Iminavest said:

Aye I dont see the issue here. Unless you're needing clothes urgently having them hung up by the time you get home seems fine. I was expecting this to end with her just leaving them in the machine or, worse, in a pile by the machine.

3 hours ago, Iminavest said:

Despite what they may believe, or tell you, or have their mothers tell you, women can't do housework. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Despite what they may believe, or tell you, or have their mothers tell you, women can't do housework. 

My wife is under the impression that she does the majority of the house work. The reality is that she does everything in a rushed, slap dash manner. I manage to do fewer tasks overall, but the ones I've done are actually finished! 

5 hours ago, Iminavest said:

Massive "you know i go out with the boys on a Friday" vibe here. 

17 hours ago, Iminavest said:

How can you possibly give two fucks about clothes washing?

Edited by Thorongil

3 hours ago, Adam said:

Presuming you’re in Scotland, but you could have left washing out all day yesterday and it still wouldn’t have dried.

"it dries quicker inside later if it has been hung outside" is my missus answer when I ask why she puts washing out in January

5 hours ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

Was just helping her switch mobile networks, when setting up the direct debit she gave me her bank sort code in two sets of threes.

We need a separate thread about how people quote their mobile number when asked....................

5 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

"it dries quicker inside later if it has been hung outside" is my missus answer when I ask why she puts washing out in January

My mum had a similar mindset. Remember her managing to freeze a pair of jeans because she insisted in hanging them outside in the middle of winter.