Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

Back on the supermarket car park,

Her method, drive as close as possible, moan when no parent and kids spaces free, drive round for a while to get a space as close as possible. Taking 4 or 5 mins of wasted diesel and time.

My method, park away from folk near a trolley bay. Out car, wean into trolley and off to shop. Shopping done, back to car, trolley at car to empty shopping into boot, wean back in car without issue of doors against other cars, trolley back in bay only 2 or 3 spaces from car and off.

With the walk I hardly save any time but it so much less hassle. Apparently I have OCD as I think parking near a trolley bay away from other cars is a good idea and suggest it when she been circling first couple of rows next to shop more than once.

2 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

Back on the supermarket car park,

Her method, drive as close as possible, moan when no parent and kids spaces free, drive round for a while to get a space as close as possible. Taking 4 or 5 mins of wasted diesel and time.

My method, park away from folk near a trolley bay. Out car, wean into trolley and off to shop. Shopping done, back to car, trolley at car to empty shopping into boot, wean back in car without issue of doors against other cars, trolley back in bay only 2 or 3 spaces from car and off.

With the walk I hardly save any time but it so much less hassle. Apparently I have OCD as I think parking near a trolley bay away from other cars is a good idea and suggest it when she been circling first couple of rows next to shop more than once.

Genuine question, does she have mobility problems? This is the only reason I can see for parking close to the door.

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Genuine question, does she have mobility problems? This is the only reason I can see for parking close to the door.

I drop her at the door for that very reason. I have given up asking her to renew her blue badge.

32 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

Uses my amazon account because she doesn't have Prime. I understand why, but at least wire me the cash for the shite you don't need. 

Aye. No point running two Prime accounts but, for reasons too long to go into here, there’s been significantly more rigour applied to household spending since Covid hit. And now that I’m only paying for half of her make up, fake tan and nails I feel like a rich man! 

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

Aye. No point running two Prime accounts but, for reasons too long to go into here, there’s been significantly more rigour applied to household spending since Covid hit. And now that I’m only paying for half of her make up, fake tan and nails I feel like a rich man! 

But have realised she's really a 5 not the solid 8.

2 hours ago, CountyFan said:

Uses my amazon account because she doesn't have Prime. I understand why, but at least wire me the cash for the shite you don't need. 

We discovered last month that the item my wife was looking at on her Amazon was only 60% of the cost of the same item on my Prome account. Took 3 days longer to arrive, suppose it depends whether delivery speed or cheaper price is more important to you.

2 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
3 hours ago, CountyFan said:

Share your prime benefits with her?

Is that a thing? sounds ideal...

2 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
3 hours ago, CountyFan said:

Share your prime benefits with her?

Originally ignored this because I thought it was some oooo errrr thing and I was being wooshed. Now I know its an actual thing I shall suggest this. Thanks much!