Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

16 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

This is something my other half does that really annoys me and tonight I've found out it seems to be a trait from her mother.

Approximately 90% of the ridiculous traits women posses, are directly inherited from her mother. 
I’ve mentioned it several times on this very thread, about the arguments we’ve had over complete stupidity. She never gives a rational answer to why she does these things other than “my mum does it”. 

The other 10%, they develop naturally themselves.

Edited by MONKMAN

2 hours ago, weirdcal said:

This one takes the piss a bit. 

Mother in law (she who broke her hip in summer, got landed at our place and ruined the euros for me) took a fall out her bed on Thurs. Doctor wanted her to go up to A&E. So out the 4 available siblings to go with her, my wife went up with another who had to collect Christmas stuff from smyths as my wife does not drive (unlike the other 3). 

She got home at 2.30am after the mother in law was admitted for a few days. 

Found out she should be getting discharged today and guess which mug has landed the job of driving up and collecting her as her sisters are busy, busy going to a post Christmas get together at sister number 5's house. 

Sister number 5 does not drive either and is hosting so has an excuse, sister who drove up on Thurs is using that as an excuse, the other two are volunteering to look after kids so we can go get their mother. 

Apparently I'm overreacting by saying they can f**k off if they think she's staying with us again. It's their mother, it's their turn to lift a finger. 

Her sisters sound like absolute c***s man.

3 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Approximately 90% of the ridiculous traits women posses, are directly inherited from her mother. 
I’ve mentioned it several times on this very thread, about the arguments we’ve had over complete stupidity. She never gives a rational answer to why she does these things other than “my mum does it”. 

The other 10%, they learn from their pals, who in turn learned it from their mums.

FTFY

This is something my other half does that really annoys me and tonight I've found out it seems to be a trait from her mother: 

Puts sharp kitchen knives in a basin of hot soapy water "to steep" meaning if you haven't caught her doing this you'll put your own hand in and risk slicing your hand. But they don't think there's anything wrong with that or see what the danger is
Fuxake man, if they must steep knives, or any cutlery, use a big Jug (no Kenneth req'd) so all implements are vertical, handles uppermost. It's not feckin' rocket science.

9 hours ago, mathematics said:

We didn’t start using our dishwasher till the first lockdown. That was five and a half years before I realised the sheer pleasure of a dishwasher, and the sheer agony of how she loads it.

My wife has no concept of how to load the dishwasher despite me showing her how to do it on countless occasions. She tells me to get out the kitchen when she does do it as "I'm putting her off." She cannot get that you put the same shape and size of plate one after another facing the same direction.  She'll then declare the dishwasher "broken" whilst not understanding that the spatula She left dangling between baskets has stopped the spinner doing its job. 

I do it now to keep the peace.

13 hours ago, Big Rider said:

My wife has no concept of how to load the dishwasher despite me showing her how to do it on countless occasions. She tells me to get out the kitchen when she does do it as "I'm putting her off." She cannot get that you put the same shape and size of plate one after another facing the same direction.  She'll then declare the dishwasher "broken" whilst not understanding that the spatula She left dangling between baskets has stopped the spinner doing its job. 

I do it now to keep the peace.

Well played Mrs Rider. Well played.

“Steeping” is just an excuse to thrown stuff into the sink, go and sit on your arse to watch Mad Men Series 57837 Episodes 234-897 (Spoiler alert: someone smokes a fag), forget about the sink until the water goes cold then go to your bed.

IMO.

“Steeping” is just an excuse to thrown stuff into the sink, go and sit on your arse to watch Mad Men Series 57837 Episodes 234-897 (Spoiler alert: someone smokes a fag), forget about the sink until the water goes cold then go to your bed.
IMO.
Aye but if you stand close enough when she puts the stuff in the sink, you will likely hear the mutter of "cement w****r can sort that, am away for a tab"

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
11 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:
IMO.

Aye but if you stand close enough when she puts the stuff in the sink, you will likely hear the mutter of "cement w****r can sort that, am away for a tab"

She bought herself a T-shirt with that printed on the front for her Christmas.

This one takes the piss a bit. 
Mother in law (she who broke her hip in summer, got landed at our place and ruined the euros for me) took a fall out her bed on Thurs. Doctor wanted her to go up to A&E. So out the 4 available siblings to go with her, my wife went up with another who had to collect Christmas stuff from smyths as my wife does not drive (unlike the other 3). 
She got home at 2.30am after the mother in law was admitted for a few days. 
Found out she should be getting discharged today and guess which mug has landed the job of driving up and collecting her as her sisters are busy, busy going to a post Christmas get together at sister number 5's house. 
Sister number 5 does not drive either and is hosting so has an excuse, sister who drove up on Thurs is using that as an excuse, the other two are volunteering to look after kids so we can go get their mother. 
Apparently I'm overreacting by saying they can f**k off if they think she's staying with us again. It's their mother, it's their turn to lift a finger. 

You should move into your mother in law's house while she's at yours.

On 27/12/2021 at 12:42, MONKMAN said:

Putting things in the oven on tinfoil, so come eating time you're bits of fucking foil off everything. Have explained to her - and her mother - about the existence of baking paper or the concept of washing baking trays post-use, but both just carry on with the foil thing. 

Also - stripping the bed and not immediately putting new bedding on. 

Bits coming from IKEA.

Her - You in this week?
Me - Am working Thursday and Friday morning, 0600-1200hrs, will be out
Her - I've stuff coming from IKEA, will you be in to receive it?
Me - Other than those hours, yes

Short pause...

Her - It's coming in two loads on Thursday and Friday morning, between 0830 and 1230hrs. 

Bravo, hen. 

On a rare joint trip to Tesco yesterday, she drives past dozens of empty car parking spaces to get as close as possible to the door. She then fails to find a suitbably big space, ie no cars on either side and then proceeds to drive past the same empty spaces as she tries to get down the next lane for another shot at the front door. We could have been and got half of the shopping before she finally parked the car. Apparently I have no patience.