Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

2 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Embarrassing things you didn’t know for this, I know.

Have had the dishwasher since I moved in here 11 years ago. New big plates arrived via the (ex) partner 8 years or so ago and the spinny skooshy thing hasn’t worked properly since.

I have only now discovered an adjustable top shelf in the thing. Mind. Blown. On Xmas eve too! 

Cheers @UsedToGoToCentralPark, PnB delivers once again!! 

I too have now figured out how to raise the upper tray, so even my humongous plates don't inhibit the spinny skoosher.

No more dishpan hands for me!

I echo the thanks to @UsedToGoToCentralPark, some man!

My brother is coming to stay for a few days. He is possibly the messiest person I've ever met. But you'd think the Queen was coming round given the state Mrs The Hunter is currently in, targing around cleaning obsessively.
Eta: She's lost the fucking plot. Just had a go at me for using the toilet.
Pish on the Christmas tree. That'll show her.

3 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Embarrassing things you didn’t know for this, I know.

Have had the dishwasher since I moved in here 11 years ago. New big plates arrived via the (ex) partner 8 years or so ago and the spinny skooshy thing hasn’t worked properly since.

I have only now discovered an adjustable top shelf in the thing. Mind. Blown. On Xmas eve too! 

Cheers @UsedToGoToCentralPark, PnB delivers once again!! 

That's far too technical for the likes of me

This is something my other half does that really annoys me and tonight I've found out it seems to be a trait from her mother: 

Puts sharp kitchen knives in a basin of hot soapy water "to steep" meaning if you haven't caught her doing this you'll put your own hand in and risk slicing your hand. But they don't think there's anything wrong with that or see what the danger is

1 hour ago, FK1Bairn said:

This is something my other half does that really annoys me and tonight I've found out it seems to be a trait from her mother: 

Puts sharp kitchen knives in a basin of hot soapy water "to steep" meaning if you haven't caught her doing this you'll put your own hand in and risk slicing your hand. But they don't think there's anything wrong with that or see what the danger is

As a former restaurant worker I'm fucking livid reading this. Awful behaviour and genuinely dangerous. If it's a well sharpened knife you can do some serious damage.

42 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

The amount of things women do because their dippit fucking mothers do it is unreal.

But if a man does something because his mother did it, then that's wrong according to his other half.

Edited by Soapy FFC

Mother-in-law has a habit of agreeing with me which upsets the wife 😂😂😂 

Today's infuriating thing is that as a carer Mrs worked yesterday 07:00 - 20:30 (split shift with a rest period between 13:30 and 16:00) same today and again tomorrow. Sat up til around now (23:45) yesterday, came in at lunchtime today complaining about how tired she was and is again sat up farting around on her phone but complaining she's tired.

Go to bed woman!!!! 

Edited by mac.i

On 24/12/2021 at 18:25, Boghead ranter said:

I too have now figured out how to raise the upper tray, so even my humongous plates don't inhibit the spinny skoosher.

No more dishpan hands for me!

I echo the thanks to @UsedToGoToCentralPark, some man!

You need to man up and take a leaf out my mate's book.  He got a new kitchen fitted but had no idea how to plumb in his dishwasher again.  Called me, fixed in 2 mins.  Told him he best run a cycle to make sure nothing leaks.

Next thing he is dialing his other half on loud speaker, she was apparently working nights.

Conversation goes...

Him..."How do you switch on the dishwasher?"

Her..."FFS we have had it for over two years!"

Him..."I never asked how long we had it, just how to switch it on.  On seconds thoughts dinnae bother, just put it on a cycle when you get in tomorrow morning but check it disnae leak as I am too busy coz the second half of the Dundee game is away to start" and hangs up.

This is the same guy who was asked to do one thing, vacuum the living room while she went to work a twelve hour shift. She had even went upstairs for it and left it out in the middle of the floor plugged in.

She returned home to find him on the sofa under a duvet still hung over and me on the other sofa watching fitba but with the Dyson  moved out of both our eye-lines from sofa to TV.

I almost admire how guilt free lazy he can be.

11 hours ago, velo army said:

As a former restaurant worker I'm fucking livid reading this. Awful behaviour and genuinely dangerous. If it's a well sharpened knife you can do some serious damage.

Yup! Sharp knives washed first and dried straight away. You don't leave them to steep. 

This one takes the piss a bit. 

Mother in law (she who broke her hip in summer, got landed at our place and ruined the euros for me) took a fall out her bed on Thurs. Doctor wanted her to go up to A&E. So out the 4 available siblings to go with her, my wife went up with another who had to collect Christmas stuff from smyths as my wife does not drive (unlike the other 3). 

She got home at 2.30am after the mother in law was admitted for a few days. 

Found out she should be getting discharged today and guess which mug has landed the job of driving up and collecting her as her sisters are busy, busy going to a post Christmas get together at sister number 5's house. 

Sister number 5 does not drive either and is hosting so has an excuse, sister who drove up on Thurs is using that as an excuse, the other two are volunteering to look after kids so we can go get their mother. 

Apparently I'm overreacting by saying they can f**k off if they think she's staying with us again. It's their mother, it's their turn to lift a finger. 

"Can you take the girls to school today?" 
"can you give me a lift to the other side of town for a frivolous errand? 
"can you pick the girls up from scool today please?" 

"why are you still working after six? Everyone else is finished by now" 
1oUJ.gif.8624616faf350218cdc9a7d6f167d62a.gif

Yep, I need to get that sorted too in the New Year if continuing to WFH. She’ll head out to work, and leave a list of errands and random tasks to be completed with ‘If you can get these sorted whilst you’re at home today that would be great hon?”.
Even after 20 months, me having a working day at home, equates to; I’ve got plenty of time to fit in ‘other stuff’ through the day.
Woe betide however if it’s the opposite, any disruption whatsoever if she’s wfh, the Postie, the Amazon delivery guy, next door neighbour mowing their lawn. “Arrrggghh, it’s impossible to work with these distractions”. Strange she doesn’t see the contradiction eh!?