Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

On 04/12/2021 at 22:52, The_Kincardine said:

You each have your own account and pay in to a common 'bills' account in proportion to your salary?  No?

This is 100% the correct answer as to how it should be done. 

As for my ranting today, new couches got delivered this morning. These are the couches that she picked, that she’s now decided she doesn’t like. 

Christmas coming up soon and I am clueless as to what to get her. She has (as far as I am aware) dropped no hints. 

Having run out of patience I asked her outright. Anything she wants? "No". Anything she needs? "No".  Anything she ever remotely likes the idea of? "No". And then she hit me with "I'm fine. Just don't bother getting me anything".

Oh no you don't. Not falling for that one. 

11 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Christmas coming up soon and I am clueless as to what to get her. She has (as far as I am aware) dropped no hints. 

Having run out of patience I asked her outright. Anything she wants? "No". Anything she needs? "No".  Anything she ever remotely likes the idea of? "No". And then she hit me with "I'm fine. Just don't bother getting me anything".

Get her a doxy.

20 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

As for my ranting today, new couches got delivered this morning. These are the couches that she picked, that she’s now decided she doesn’t like. 

Couch update - she actually likes the couches she chose, now that she’s had 24 hours to get used to them. 

4 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Good man, you’ve learnt the lingo. Now, if it wasn’t for the fact that you can’t buy her shoes, you’d be in good (their favorite bleeding item and don’t you dare get any she hasn’t specifically asked for). Consider something like a nice wee bracelet with an engraved charm, and have the date you met her engraved on it. Mucho points, impossible to hate and simple to do (if you’ve paid attention).

3 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Couch update - she actually likes the couches she chose, now that she’s had 24 hours to get used to them. 

Give her time, the opinion in a month (or just after whatever the return period is) will be the final.

6 hours ago, TxRover said:

Good man, you’ve learnt the lingo. Now, if it wasn’t for the fact that you can’t buy her shoes, you’d be in good (their favorite bleeding item and don’t you dare get any she hasn’t specifically asked for). Consider something like a nice wee bracelet with an engraved charm, and have the date you met her engraved on it. Mucho points, impossible to hate and simple to do (if you’ve paid attention).

Give her time, the opinion in a month (or just after whatever the return period is) will be the final.

As a woman I hate shoes and jewellery.

6 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

You prefer the velour jammies / sweats and wellies look when you nip out to the corner shop for some GV and a packet of green papers ?

Bucky and extra long papers

4 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I don't know you but I know yer not the mad rave dancing female fan it Ibrox, but that's how I imagine you

Going by prior posts, she'd do herself a terrible injury.

Anyone ever seen that program "The Hit List" ?

It's a show about music/music intros. That small description indicates that you clearly need to listen (or be able to hear) the show.

I don't think I need to tell you what goes on as I try to watch it.

9 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Anyone ever seen that program "The Hit List" ?

It's a show about music/music intros. That small description indicates that you clearly need to listen (or be able to hear) the show.

I don't think I need to tell you what goes on as I try to watch it.

They just think it’s ok to interrupt what others are doing whenever they see fit, because whatever they want is very important. It doesn’t work the other way.

Lastnight, she phoning her maw from the car..... Maw answered and nothing could be heard. Pair of them continued to dial eachother with silence coming through the phone and the wife shouting CAN YE HEAR ME!!!! repeatedly before hanging up and trying again. A phone call rally of about 5 each before eventually a connection is established..... Then both of them give it "dont know what happened there, that was really weird" before the maw offers "its cloudy here maybe its that" and the wife responds with "aye probably, although I didnt really have any signal so thats probably not helping either"

FML

Starting to watch a film, and she'll start playing about with WhatsApp.  When I say "there's an intro story bit you're meant to be reading, but missing", she'll still play around with the phone and expect a quick rewind.  One problem with this is that there's no longer a quick rewind as a couple of frames on a 2hr film never gets to the exact bit you want, meaning I'd have to either rewatch a bit or try to explain it to her myself.

Edited by Hedgecutter

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Starting to watch a film, and she'll start playing about with WhatsApp.  When I say "there's an intro story bit you're meant to be reading, but missing", she'll still play around with the phone and expect a quick rewind.  One problem with this is that there's no longer a quick rewind as a couple of frames on a 2hr film never gets to the exact bit you want, meaning I'd have to either rewatch a bit or try to explain it to her myself.

My wife does this or can't stay in the room watching the program/film having to make various trips to get a drink, snack, phone or any number of reasons that could all be done on the one trip out the room, I'm not an animal so I offer to pause it which is generally met with "no need" and she then takes the huff when I won't fill her in on what she's missed generally now I'll just pause it on the first occasion perhaps twice if it's a film.