Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

3 hours ago, The Derry said:

I'm off work sick and the halfwit is sitting singing at the top of her lungs wandering about the house.  

Incredible.

I've heard of multi tasking but how can she sit and wander about the house at the same time?

I've been feeling like shit for a few days now.  Either a stinking cold or some kind of bug. 
She has asked me on at least 4 or 5 occasions whats wrong with me, to which I've replied that I'm not feeling great.  This is apparently the incorrect answer as I know that the next time I give any outward indication that i'm not firing on all cylinders, I'll be asked whats wrong with me again.
This does my fucking tattie in.

Her: Are you ok?

Me: Aye.

Her: Are you sure?

Me: Aye im fine.

Her: You dont seem ok, you seem crabbit?

Me: Naw, just a bit tired maybe.

Her: *Enters huff*

Her - My sister was needing some bits from Tesco so I got them for her on the way over
Me, assuming this meant loaf, milk and a paper - Fine

Me, checking the bank account later and finding out it was a hell of a lot of loaf/milk/papers - What 'bits' was she needing that cost £80-odd? She taken up smoking and pouring brandy on her cornflakes?
Her - It's fine, she'll square me up some time.

Some time. 

The logic the wife applies here is that some night when she's over babysitting and her sister comes in from work, they'll order some curry/Chinese/summat off Deliveroo and that'll be the situation resolved to everyone's satisfaction. I mean, if you ask me to collect it and come round with it and I also get fed, maybe.

13 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Time to start looking at separate bank accounts.

She has hers, I have mine. This came out of the general food/fun/Christmas pot, meaning we'll probably end up having the now occasional 'wHy ArE WE pOoR!' conversation some time before the end of the month. 

See also - buying tickets to pantos/theatre/cinema for a group of folk. Fucking stop it. 

17 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

She has hers, I have mine. This came out of the general food/fun/Christmas pot, meaning we'll probably end up having the now occasional 'wHy ArE WE pOoR!' conversation some time before the end of the month. 

See also - buying tickets to pantos/theatre/cinema for a group of folk. Fucking stop it. 

Spending money out of the joint account on stuff only for her, or even worse for other random people, is bang out of order.

20 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Her - My sister was needing some bits from Tesco so I got them for her on the way over
Me, assuming this meant loaf, milk and a paper - Fine

Me, checking the bank account later and finding out it was a hell of a lot of loaf/milk/papers - What 'bits' was she needing that cost £80-odd? She taken up smoking and pouring brandy on her cornflakes?
Her - It's fine, she'll square me up some time.

Some time. 

The logic the wife applies here is that some night when she's over babysitting and her sister comes in from work, they'll order some curry/Chinese/summat off Deliveroo and that'll be the situation resolved to everyone's satisfaction. I mean, if you ask me to collect it and come round with it and I also get fed, maybe.

I canny stand this kind of tightness. Both parties in a marriage/joint account should use money on what they see fit without judgement or comment IMO. 

If I’m going to make a large purchase for whatever reason like a couple of hundred quid or more, I will mention it in advance so we both know what’s going on on the account she does likewise. 

I have no interest in what she spends our money on, I trust her judgement. 

it’s maybe different if you have a lunatic partner who is sliding you into a more of debt, but day to day, don’t even bother with this stuff.

7 hours ago, Thorongil said:

I canny stand this kind of tightness. Both parties in a marriage/joint account should use money on what they see fit without judgement or comment IMO. 

If I’m going to make a large purchase for whatever reason like a couple of hundred quid or more, I will mention it in advance so we both know what’s going on on the account she does likewise. 

I have no interest in what she spends our money on, I trust her judgement. 

it’s maybe different if you have a lunatic partner who is sliding you into a more of debt, but day to day, don’t even bother with this stuff.

We’re pretty much the same.  We tell each other about large purchases but tbh Mrs. B barely ever looks at the balance in the joint account.  Usually tells me she wants to get x and asks if we have enough in the account to cover it or do we need to transfer some money instead.

Salaries both go into the joint account but we also have our own accounts that we transfer money into each month to do what we like with.  Generally I only spend that on birthday and christmas presents for her anyway.  What she does with the money in her personal account I have zero interest in (unless I never got a christmas or birthday present.  If that happened I’d be seething).

41 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

How other couples manage their money absolutely fascinates me. We only use our joint account, for everything. I don’t understand couples that get paid in to their own accounts and keep everything separate, even more so when one earns more than the other. 

She’s good with money, so I let her crack on with it, I don’t even know how much money I have. There’s food and alcohol in the house, so I’m happy. Never understood the separate accounts