Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

Organises a "sometime between 12 and 6" boiler service visit for one of the weekdays that she isn't working from home anyway (she has two set WFH days every week).

To make matters worse, I waited in all afternoon yesterday (just back onshore, itching for a wander) and the f***ers never turned up at all, giving the classic "sorry, we won't make it" phonecall at 17:55. She now gets all pissy about my request to fit the rescheduled with her being at home, which is the only time when either of us has to be in the house.

Edited by Hedgecutter

10 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Owns enough clothes to dress a small African city. Some of it has been in storage for over 5 years but we can’t get rid of them cause she likes them.

When I point out that half of our fitted wardrobe is clogged with clothes I hung in there, when we moved in in 2015, and have never moved since, I get hit with "they've never been used because you never take me out" 🤣

Sunday...

Mrs S - what are you doing Saturday?
Me - Working til 12, football til 5. Why?
Mrs - Can you pick me up in Aberdeen just after half 5. 
Me - Fine. 

Tuesday...

Mrs S - You still good to pick me up at 5?
Me - I'm busy til 5, as I said. I can be there for half 5 at the earliest. 
Mrs S - Oh. 

Wednesday...

Mrs S - You still busy until 5 on Saturday?
Me - Yes. 
Mrs S - [No audible reply, but I can hear the body language without even looking up]

And so this week-long dance goes on. An attempt to do me out of a few horizontal hours in front of the TV will continue, the unsaid line from her being that as I'm not actually at a game and instead sat watching Stelling or updating scores on a laptop, I'm not actually busy. This will no doubt receive another going over on Friday, almost certainly with no reference to the first episode of the series as it's been stricken from her memory entirely. 

Naturally, I will arrive at whatever kip she's drinking in on Saturday only to find she's not fucking ready anyway. 

On 27/11/2021 at 20:40, Ron Aldo said:

We're getting married next month and the term "bridezilla" has never been more apt.

For the last few weeks we've been in a cycle of her moaning because I'm not helping with the wedding planning, me offering to help with the wedding planning and her refusing because whatever job she gave me I wouldn't do it right.

Have you not read ANY of the previous 448 pages of this thread?

54 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Sunday...

Mrs S - what are you doing Saturday?
Me - Working til 12, football til 5. Why?
Mrs - Can you pick me up in Aberdeen just after half 5. 
Me - Fine. 

Tuesday...

Mrs S - You still good to pick me up at 5?
Me - I'm busy til 5, as I said. I can be there for half 5 at the earliest. 
Mrs S - Oh. 

Wednesday...

Mrs S - You still busy until 5 on Saturday?
Me - Yes. 
Mrs S - [No audible reply, but I can hear the body language without even looking up]

And so this week-long dance goes on. An attempt to do me out of a few horizontal hours in front of the TV will continue, the unsaid line from her being that as I'm not actually at a game and instead sat watching Stelling or updating scores on a laptop, I'm not actually busy. This will no doubt receive another going over on Friday, almost certainly with no reference to the first episode of the series as it's been stricken from her memory entirely. 

Naturally, I will arrive at whatever kip she's drinking in on Saturday only to find she's not fucking ready anyway. 

Taxi.

Simples 👍

Everything bought for the bairns Christmas about 3 weeks ago.

Now the WhatsApps begin. 

"Oh do you think she would like this meaningless piece of cheap shite? What about this I found on ExtremeCouponing? I think she might like this (something she stopped liking 3 years ago)"

Phone switched to silent and put in the drawer.

Another hour of Whatsapp. 

"Oh the vrigin box isnt working again" "Cant get this channel, cant get that channel" "Whats wrong with it?" "Tell me what to do"

A whole string of fucking messages.

Me: 1 second google, Virgin Media major outage in UK.  Send her the screenshot.

"Oh, what should I do then"

Phone off again, back in the drawer.

Fucking hell. 

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Another hour of Whatsapp. 

"Oh the vrigin box isnt working again" "Cant get this channel, cant get that channel" "Whats wrong with it?" "Tell me what to do"

A whole string of fucking messages.

Me: 1 second google, Virgin Media major outage in UK.  Send her the screenshot.

"Oh, what should I do then"

Phone off again, back in the drawer.

Fucking hell. 

You should have more fun in these situations. When she says "what should I do then" just give her a list of pointless things to try, anything that wastes her time. She'll eventually stop coming to you for assistance.

41 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

You should have more fun in these situations. When she says "what should I do then" just give her a list of pointless things to try, anything that wastes her time. She'll eventually stop coming to you for assistance.

I did consider asking her to try putting it in the fridge as it was likely to be overheating but she probably fucking would have.

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

That's certainly what service providers do any time I call them.

13 minutes ago, The Derry said:

I'm off work sick and the halfwit is sitting singing at the top of her lungs wandering about the house.  

It's heartening to hear of a wife so happy to have her husband at home with her.  

51 minutes ago, The Derry said:

I'm off work sick and the halfwit is sitting singing at the top of her lungs wandering about the house.  

I've been feeling like shit for a few days now.  Either a stinking cold or some kind of bug. 

She has asked me on at least 4 or 5 occasions whats wrong with me, to which I've replied that I'm not feeling great.  This is apparently the incorrect answer as I know that the next time I give any outward indication that i'm not firing on all cylinders, I'll be asked whats wrong with me again.

14 minutes ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

I've been feeling like shit for a few days now.  Either a stinking cold or some kind of bug. 

She has asked me on at least 4 or 5 occasions whats wrong with me, to which I've replied that I'm not feeling great.  This is apparently the incorrect answer as I know that the next time I give any outward indication that i'm not firing on all cylinders, I'll be asked whats wrong with me again.

Tell her its a Steve G Grief Hangover.

Which it is.