Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

3 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Email her back!

Not happening.  Everything on said list has now been ordered.

It's mostly kitchen shite, in a house that's already overflowing with kitchen shite.  Every birthday/christmas I think there isn't possibly another kitchen implement she could need/want and every birthday/christmas I'm wrong.

4 minutes ago, Left Back said:

It's mostly kitchen shite, in a house that's already overflowing with kitchen shite.  Every birthday/christmas I think there isn't possibly another kitchen implement she could need/want and every birthday/christmas I'm wrong.

Can she cook though ?

We're getting married next month and the term "bridezilla" has never been more apt.

For the last few weeks we've been in a cycle of her moaning because I'm not helping with the wedding planning, me offering to help with the wedding planning and her refusing because whatever job she gave me I wouldn't do it right.

She'll moan if a pillow is squint or if the duvet isn't sitting straight,  but if I say something about the living room or kitchen being a tip after I spend ages cleaning them, she goes on the defensive about it.

11 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

We're getting married next month and the term "bridezilla" has never been more apt.

For the last few weeks we've been in a cycle of her moaning because I'm not helping with the wedding planning, me offering to help with the wedding planning and her refusing because whatever job she gave me I wouldn't do it right.

This what my missus can be like with things. If I suggest something it's the wrong thing to suggest. If I say it's up to her, I'm not offering enough.

11 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

Welcome to your future. 

Get used to it or get out, as this is your life now. Marriage, why the f**k do we do it?

All the best for your big day, by the way !!

Not really an infuriating thing she does more a 'oh dear' moment.

Wife is now in full on Christmas mode. Decorations are up, tree is up and Christmas movies are now the evenings entertainment. Wee boy wanted to watch Home Alone 2 last night having watched the first one the previous night. We just use our x-box as our DVD player. Wife has a rummage through the cupboard, finds Home Alone 2 and ejects Fifa 22 from the x-box. She sits back down on the sofa. "why's it not coming on?, oh for christ sakes is it broken, that'll be another thing we'll need to buy, how much are x-boxes these days?!?!" she mutters. Wee boy goes down to have a look at the x-box and attempts to put in Fifa 22 again, "Nooooo, don't do that, you'll break it!!!" the wife screams. Meanwhile I'm thinking, 'surely no, she can't have...'......."did you put the Home Alone 2 disc in the x-box?"......."obviously, I'm not that dense, you saw me put it in" (I didn't see her put it in). Wee boy finds the Home Alone 2 DVD box, opens it....the disc is still in the box. 

On 27/11/2021 at 22:26, Trackdaybob said:

Lost her voice. 

Oh!! Sorry. Wrong thread :)

My wife lost hers the day after my sister's wedding, about 10 years ago. Every year she reminds me that it's my sister's anniversary, then she sees the grin on my face and knows what I'm smiling at. She jokes that it was the happiest day of my life. Has become a bit of a joke between us, but I do make a point of celebrating it. Means more to me than the birth of Jesus!

Made an appointment for the boy at the opticians last week for today. Ran it past Mrs p advising I may or may not be at work so if she wants to rebook for another time then batter in.  No it's fine and plans were discussed for if I am or am not at work , sorted.  

Get a phone call just after 3 today as she's picking the kids up from school, " junior p's appointment is today isn't it , I totally forgot , what time is it , what? Why did u make it for that time ??! What am I going to do I'll never get there on time and I can't take all the kids can I !! "  A follow up call 2 minutes later , " I'm having to drop the kids off at my dad's , you have to phone the opticians and let them know we won't be there on time " phone hung up without a chance to even reply.  

Got a message 15 minutes later  ' that's us here ' , 10 minutes before the booked appointment.  

We travel together for work. She took about 10 mins longer to sort her hair this morning by which time I was pacing the floor ready to go. When she said she felt rushed I sat down in the living room. When she was finally ready to go she stood at the door and said, “I’m waiting on you!”

Edited by jimbaxters

14 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

We travel together for work. She took about 10 mins longer to sort her hair this morning by which time I was pacing the floor ready to go. When she said she felt rushed I sat down in the living room. When she was finally ready to go she stood at the door and said, “I’m waiting on you!”

I'm pretty sure that some variant of this has happened on at least 98% of every night out that any couple has ever had .