Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Decides we need a new *insert fucking, anything here* because her maw got one and recommends it.

Currently, a new tv.

TBF, for all we know you've got her watching The Real Housewives of Larbert on one of these thing:

SinclairFTV1hand.jpg

It was either here or PTTGOYN thread, but this is more of an "infuriating  things your mother in law says" (not my partner in any way), who just told us on the phone that it's been reported in Hungary that COVID protestors in Brussels were shot with real guns. Which is funny because I just watched them earlier getting blasted with water cannons and tear gas, with no fucking shots reported.

Hungarian news is amongst the most bias there is, they utterly hate the EU and blame them for everything that is wrong in the country instead of the corruption of their own government. They'd follow Brexit but can't afford to go without the EU handouts they get for Orban's personal account. 

She said to me the other day, "let's set a limit of about £100 on Christmas presents for each other."

Ideal I thought. She's then sent me a list with about 8 things on it and each things averages about £40 per item.

9 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Great thread title. Make it so, please.

I'd like one for parents too, please.

My old man was blaming the unions for the erosion of workers' rights a few weeks back. Just, fucking, OMG.

13 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

2 in a row, iv jist witnessed one of the most monumental acts of stupidity in my life, as she fucked about with a wallpaper steamer, showing a complete disregard for the damgers involved.

This culminated in her deciding that steam venting from the relief valve was not acceptable and began trying to screw it in or out. The relief vavle is not actually threaded/designed to be fucked with and so with complete inevitability, it sheared off resulting in a jet of boiling water hitting the ceiling, but not before scalding silly arse all the way up the arm.

You never told us she’d taken training from @Shandon Par ? 

7 hours ago, coprolite said:

Went out for bread and milk. Forgot milk but bought half a freezer's worth of Christmas "party" food.  That's lunch throughout January sorted with mini quiches and mozzarella sticks. 

Think you're in the wrong thread, party food is fucking brilliant