Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

My wife is American and after much protesting on my part I relented, we now put the decorations up the day after Thanksgiving. 
My wife is American. She doesn't give a shiny shite about nonsense such as Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Labour Day etc.
She happily goes along with my philosophy on Pagan decorations..... i. e. They go up when I can be bothered dragging my arse into the attic to get them.

19 hours ago, Shotgun said:

Christmas isn't supposed to take up 1/6 of the calendar year. 

You seem to have forgotten that a fair amount of folk are easily led idiots. 

4 hours ago, scottsdad said:

She went to the doctor today. A very sore throat, can't swallow any food and very sore to swallow fluids. Can't sleep either. 

The doctor told her it was a virus and prescribed a throat spray to help with the symptoms. 

She has decided that the doctor is wrong. She should have had antibiotics. She has googled her symptoms and some website says she has a bacterial infection. 

Where do I even start?

I've had a horrendous cough all week, spoke to a Doctor today and he's prescribed me anti biotics.

We could do a deal?!

December 13th - St Lucia's day, probably.
However, many Swedish homes will have 'four candles' that they light consecutively each Sunday to mark Advent.  And that could actually start in November...
That's the Christian definition of the Advent season (it also extends a good bit after Christmas) and where Advent calendars stem from. When I was wee my parents went by the (traditional according to them) 12 days before, 12 days after and I've tried to stick by that but normally get nagged into the weekend before that.

20 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:
15 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:
December 13th - St Lucia's day, probably.
However, many Swedish homes will have 'four candles' that they light consecutively each Sunday to mark Advent.  And that could actually start in November...

That's the Christian definition of the Advent season (it also extends a good bit after Christmas) and where Advent calendars stem from. When I was wee my parents went by the (traditional according to them) 12 days before, 12 days after and I've tried to stick by that but normally get nagged into the weekend before that.

My eldest was born on Dec 19th so - since we got divorced 12ish years ago - used that as the start of Xmas and had the decorations up for a dinner for her and the other two.  I take them down when I can be arsed.

4 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Is this an offshore thing? You get vitamin deprived and need topping up when back on land?

I choose to do it, otherwise I'll get no sunlight (and therefore no vitamin D) whilst living in a steel box for a month.

Turns out it was put under the sink, beside the bleach.  Stupid me for not checking there.

2 in a row, iv jist witnessed one of the most monumental acts of stupidity in my life, as she fucked about with a wallpaper steamer, showing a complete disregard for the damgers involved.

This culminated in her deciding that steam venting from the relief valve was not acceptable and began trying to screw it in or out. The relief vavle is not actually threaded/designed to be fucked with and so with complete inevitability, it sheared off resulting in a jet of boiling water hitting the ceiling, but not before scalding silly arse all the way up the arm.

On 17/11/2021 at 18:42, Shotgun said:

Christmas isn't supposed to take up 1/6 of the calendar year. 

Neither is poppy season.

Maybe we'll live to see Easter Month, where we all stuff ourselves with chocolate eggs for thirty days to celebrate Lent.

On 18/11/2021 at 10:45, scottsdad said:

She went to the doctor today. A very sore throat, can't swallow any food and very sore to swallow fluids. Can't sleep either. 

The doctor told her it was a virus and prescribed a throat spray to help with the symptoms. 

She has decided that the doctor is wrong. She should have had antibiotics. She has googled her symptoms and some website says she has a bacterial infection. 

Where do I even start?

Humans ripping the arse out of antibiotics has been common knowledge for so long now that anyone pulling this shit needs STRONGLY ADVISED against such behaviour.

Do your duty for your fellow man.

39 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

2 in a row, iv jist witnessed one of the most monumental acts of stupidity in my life, as she fucked about with a wallpaper steamer, showing a complete disregard for the damgers involved.

This culminated in her deciding that steam venting from the relief valve was not acceptable and began trying to screw it in or out. The relief vavle is not actually threaded/designed to be fucked with and so with complete inevitability, it sheared off resulting in a jet of boiling water hitting the ceiling, but not before scalding silly arse all the way up the arm.

Few days on the pat & mick watching female shite on her new tv will see her right.