Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

18 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

We take turns on alternate Sunday mornings taking the kids to swimming lessons. When it’s my turn, I’m reminded “it’s your turn this week”. When it’s my wife’s turn it’s “oh, I’m tired, you ok to take them this week?”

so very often, when it’s her turn, it’s still my turn. If the situation was reversed it would not go well.

I feel rage but an argument could sink the whole day. 

women live in a world where complete double standards in their favour are just normal. It’s something to navigate.

^^^ Have you considered that when she pulls the “oh, I’m tired, you ok to take them this week?”,  the fact is that when you're blowing up water wings, she's blowing the next-door-neighbour ?

1 minute ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

^^^ Have you considered that when she pulls the “oh, I’m tired, you ok to take them this week?”,  the fact is that when you're blowing up water wings, she's blowing the next-door-neighbour ?

Hilarious  derivative comedy there champ, but we don’t have any neighbours.

1 hour ago, Thorongil said:

We take turns on alternate Sunday mornings taking the kids to swimming lessons. When it’s my turn, I’m reminded “it’s your turn this week”. When it’s my wife’s turn it’s “oh, I’m tired, you ok to take them this week?”

so very often, when it’s her turn, it’s still my turn. If the situation was reversed it would not go well.

I feel rage but an argument could sink the whole day. 

women live in a world where complete double standards in their favour are just normal. It’s something to navigate.

When i've been asked to do ironing or washing i've deliberately made an arse of it on purpose and not had to do it again. 

Simply returning without the children should suffice to ensure you don't get asked again. 

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

When i've been asked to do ironing or washing i've deliberately made an arse of it on purpose and not had to do it again. 

Simply returning without the children should suffice to ensure you don't get asked again. 

“You asked me to take them….didn’t say anything about bringing them back” 

The missus finishes a little later than I some evenings. Last week I was also late so just made a quick cuppa to have five minutes with the evening paper. She comes in, with a bit of a huff and says ‘haven’t you got the oven on and at least started preparing something for tea yet’??
‘I’ve only just got in myself hen, but give me two minutes and I’ll get cracking, what do you fancy to eat? Says I.
‘Ach don’t bother for me’ she says, ‘I ate lunch quite late, I’m not all that hungry’!!

I honestly give up.

Spent £100 on a play pen to put into the living room as the baby has decided that he must drag himself into the hallway to stick his hands in the cat food bowl, as you do.

Does she use it now it’s arrived? Does she f**k.

Instead the cat bowls get moved onto the stairs and he is free to drag himself about as he pleases.

On 11/11/2021 at 19:50, Honest_Man#1 said:

Going to a birthday event for one of her pals tomorrow. Has waited until now to tell me that it’s a black tie affair and other men are wearing Tuxedo type attire, which I don’t own. My options are now to go incredibly underdressed or to wear one of my normal suits and look like I’ve just came straight from the office.

I hope you went in jeans and a t shirt and just told everyone she'd made a cúnt of you.
Imagine the rage if you told her ye were going out but the day afore said "you've to wear a ballgown type thing".

11 hours ago, Clockwork said:

The missus finishes a little later than I some evenings. Last week I was also late so just made a quick cuppa to have five minutes with the evening paper. She comes in, with a bit of a huff and says ‘haven’t you got the oven on and at least started preparing something for tea yet’??
‘I’ve only just got in myself hen, but give me two minutes and I’ll get cracking, what do you fancy to eat? Says I.
‘Ach don’t bother for me’ she says, ‘I ate lunch quite late, I’m not all that hungry’!!

I honestly give up.

Imagine you stomped in and starting giving it “whys my dinner not in the oven?”

different rules.

On 13/11/2021 at 18:04, Mr. Alli said:

Borrows my car and hands it back in an absolute tip. 

Women's cars are always a tip as well.  Mental OCD about their house, but they use their car as a bin.  What gives?

6 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

She put the Christmas decorations up last night.

She's late - where I am they go up from September.  I hold out until 1st of December.  

On out nightly walk 2 nights ago one of the neighbours wished us a Merry Christmas - I blurted out Merry Christmas back and still feel the shame.

Edited by hk blues