Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

On the cooking. I have got to give mrs b her due. She has always been a good cook, fantastic at baking as well. Can make a lot of things from scratch. Probably why i put on about 2 stone in the 1st year of us living together. My mum was a fantastic cook as well, her stovies were the best. My dad wasn’t the best of cooks, but we never starved to death. I am probably not the best cook either. When the boys were both really young, she used to work weekends, so it was left to me to cook and i have been able to make stuff I didn’t think i would be thanks to her.

She's going to a surprise birthday do tonight. Earlier she drove home from Aberdeen past three supermarkets yet has needed me to go out and get stuff for her to take with. 

Also, the big 'surprise' was at 1900hrs. She's still upstairs. 

Edited by Jimmy Shaker

On the cooking. I have got to give mrs b her due. She has always been a good cook, fantastic at baking as well. Can make a lot of things from scratch. Probably why i put on about 2 stone in the 1st year of us living together. My mum was a fantastic cook as well, her stovies were the best. My dad wasn’t the best of cooks, but we never starved to death. I am probably not the best cook either. When the boys were both really young, she used to work weekends, so it was left to me to cook and i have been able to make stuff I didn’t think i would be thanks to her.

I miss decent stovies

I’ve no clue what she has done, but she’s managed to f**k the television viewing somehow and now everything is blurred and is sniggering, thinking it’s funny.

I AM A GOD OF TECHNOLOGY.

4 hours ago, mizfit said:

I’ve no clue what she has done, but she’s managed to f**k the television viewing somehow and now everything is blurred and is sniggering, thinking it’s funny.

Marvellous excuse to order yourself a televisual upgrade and make her pay for it.

If nothing else, mentioning the possibility will wipe the smirk off her coupon.

My mrs has gone from arranging nothing with her friends (“because I’m a mum”) to having shit arranged every weekend. I don’t actually mind this as I’m enjoying spending the weekends with my kids etc. However, it is the little comments from her and her mum. “Oh I was due a few” and “well deserved”. She has spent the last however many years not organising shit by her own choice. I have pestered her to arrange stuff but she never did. Then if I go for a night out and come home late then I get hit with “you are always out”.

I also give her a long lie if she has been out whereas I’m expected to get up with the kids. Ive seen me coming in at 4am and being up with the kids at 5.30am still absolutely mangled

On 24/09/2021 at 18:27, Jimmy Shaker said:

The war department is a fine cook. Particularly with the baking, which I have no knack for. What she can't do is clean up as she goes, or after herself once she's done - or at all - in the kitchen, meaning it's easier for me to make a batch lot of anything that would feed 50 than it is to let her do so much as pasta and sauce. 

She has more than once arrived home at night and found the kitchen clean and asked if I've actually made the tea, seemingly thinking it impossible that someone could actually cook and clean up at the same time. 

Your missus and mine must be related. She made cauliflower cheese and left this behind. I'm sure the judge would acquitt me....

20210926_170203.jpg

Fucking state of thon. 

Herself made a fried egg this morning to go on toast. Somehow needed two pans. Came in from work to find the bottom half of egg shells sitting on the worktop still with the yolk in, because she won't eat that part of the egg. Won't put them in the fucking bin, either. 

Just now, Jimmy Shaker said:

Fucking state of thon. 

Herself made a fried egg this morning to go on toast. Somehow needed two pans. Came in from work to find the bottom half of egg shells sitting on the worktop still with the yolk in, because she won't eat that part of the egg. Won't put them in the fucking bin, either. 

If she won't eat them, why NOT put them in the bin? What's she expecting from it, to suddenly turn into a baby chick?!

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Fucking state of thon. 

An egg white on toast? That's very very odd.

Just now, Stellaboz said:

If she won't eat them, why NOT put them in the bin? What's she expecting from it, to suddenly turn into a baby chick?!

f**k knows. I've watched her at work in the kitchen and while the end results are fine, the process would make your skin crawl. She can't get through making a fry-up without leaving the kitchen in such a state that it often occurs to me we'd be quicker moving than cleaning up.