Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

Missus goes on about how her she works During the day and then has to deal with the wean before and after as I am goin in to the office and always have been so often I am in about 7.

She's currently sitting on the couch with her laptop on her lap watching Lorraine Kelly talk shite.

I often tell her she's at it when "working" from home and she doesn't like it, seems to think things like putting out a washing or getting 3 mins to take in a delivery 4 times a day are just part of her working day but I reckon if she has to go back to her office soon she is in for a shock.

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

Missus goes on about how her she works During the day and then has to deal with the wean before and after as I am goin in to the office and always have been so often I am in about 7.

She's currently sitting on the couch with her laptop on her lap watching Lorraine Kelly talk shite.

I often tell her she's at it when "working" from home and she doesn't like it, seems to think things like putting out a washing or getting 3 mins to take in a delivery 4 times a day are just part of her working day but I reckon if she has to go back to her office soon she is in for a shock.

Had this before. 45+ hr week yet she was knackered with the housework, dishes etc. One Friday night and she's moaning bout how I do nothing round the house, there's so much to do etc. She went out for an hour and I'd hoovered, washed dried and put away the dishes, folded and put away the washing and had a load on. She was ripping when she came back that I'd managed these herculean tasks that she'd not had time for in a week in about an hour, so the problem that night? The music was too loud and she could hear it from the driveway.

27 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Had this before. 45+ hr week yet she was knackered with the housework, dishes etc. One Friday night and she's moaning bout how I do nothing round the house, there's so much to do etc. She went out for an hour and I'd hoovered, washed dried and put away the dishes, folded and put away the washing and had a load on. She was ripping when she came back that I'd managed these herculean tasks that she'd not had time for in a week in about an hour, so the problem that night? The music was too loud and she could hear it from the driveway.

Been well discussed on here before that women have had this con going on for decades and are now getting roundly found out.  Their 1st line of defence is usually " aye but you haven't done it right " .

Our 1 year old is going through a wee phase of waking up between 4.30-5am. Mrs P's way of dealing with this isn't to get to bed early to prepare for an unsettled night but to stay up watching shite on Netflix untill 11 or 12 then having a teary rant at half 4 about how tired she is as of she could never have predicted that her sleep would get disturbed each night . 

52 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Imagine ever saying to a woman that there’s so much to do and that they aren’t doing enough. 

2 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

Imagine ever saying to a woman that there’s so much to do and that they aren’t doing enough. 

She's trained in a pretty well paid job, when I suggested that if she wanted to go back to work that I'd watch the wee one, the look of fear on her face was a sight to behold 

8 hours ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

She's trained in a pretty well paid job, when I suggested that if she wanted to go back to work that I'd watch the wee one, the look of fear on her face was a sight to behold 

Have also suggested this. I'll go part time and you go back.
It's soon becomes a discussion about something else.

11 hours ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Wait until she finds out you were dressed up like Freddie Mercury singing I want to Break Free while hoovering.

Edited by Sugar_Army

Me at 18:10: I have to leave this last bit of dinner as I need to be down at the Scout hall for 18:30 which is a 15 min walk away.

Her: Don't worry, I'll give you lift down to save you rushing your dinner.

Me at 18:30: Can we head off now??!!!

Arrived 10 mins late, would have been 5 mins early otherwise.

My son told his bird another girl apparently likes him.

Following some diplomatic intervention I think it's sorted.

He has however learnt a valuable lesson, never tell a woman another woman like you, they will go psycho!

My son told his bird another girl apparently likes him.
Following some diplomatic intervention I think it's sorted.
He has however learnt a valuable lesson, never tell a woman another woman like you, they will go psycho!
More generally he has learned that he can and will be blamed and punished for things that are essentially, nothing to do with him

19 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Me at 18:10: I have to leave this last bit of dinner as I need to be down at the Scout hall for 18:30 which is a 15 min walk away.

Her: Don't worry, I'll give you lift down to save you rushing your dinner.

Me at 18:30: Can we head off now??!!!

Arrived 10 mins late, would have been 5 mins early otherwise.

Why didn't you start your dinner earlier?

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Why didn't you start your dinner earlier?

Because her claim that "the tatties will take the same time as the kievs" was a blatant lie.   Under my plan in which the tatties were to be boiled, dinner would have been ready earlier.  However, with her insisting that they should be oven cooked along with the kievs, this threw an unexpected and unnecessary 10 mins into the equation.

Worse still, she kept the kievs in for the extra 10 mins to get the tatties up to scratch, slightly overcooking the former.

12 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Because her claim that "the tatties will take the same time as the kievs" was a blatant lie.   Under my plan in which the tatties were to be boiled, dinner would have been ready earlier.  However, with her insisting that they should be oven cooked along with the kievs, this threw an unexpected and unnecessary 10 mins into the equation.

Worse still, she kept the kievs in for the extra 10 mins to get the tatties up to scratch, slightly overcooking the former.

This might sound sexist but women cannot cook. In my friends and family, men are the cooks. 

18 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

A 15 minute walk but a 10 minute drive? Fast walk or driving in 2nd gear?

i) the walk can be achieved by a shortcut through the local playing field as the crow flies, whilst the drive requires a more convoluted diversion involving roundabouts and speed bumps.

ii) you're assuming that we left at 18:30, which would be folly.  Turned out she was hunting for the Sellotape as she attempted to create a "back in 5 mins..." note to stick on the front door as she was 'expecting a delivery at any moment', which was news to me.

11 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

O.K., Nigella Lawson she isn't

10 hours ago, scottsdad said:

This might sound sexist but women cannot cook. In my friends and family, men are the cooks. 

My mother was a cook from 1960, golf club then a guest house. Excellent cook. I'd put my father down as reasonable. (He was better than I am. probably.)

My wife is a great cook, me, fair to middling

Step daughter nr 1, very good, if you could thole her constant where the f***'s this, where the f***'s, this bowl's not f****** clean, have you no f****** whatever

Step daughter nr 2, excellent with puddings and desserts, main course very good, but that's mostly her ex husbands in put (They're still on friendly terms and he helps out with the Christmas dinner.)

Step daughter nr 3, very good, partner would be passable I think, he did the cooking after his mother died as far as I know

Step daughter nr 1, very good, ex partner not so much.

10 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

i) the walk can be achieved by a shortcut through the local playing field as the crow flies, whilst the drive requires a more convoluted diversion involving roundabouts and speed bumps.

ii) you're assuming that we left at 18:30, which would be folly.  Turned out she was hunting for the Sellotape as she attempted to create a "back in 5 mins..." note to stick on the front door as she was 'expecting a delivery at any moment', which was news to me.

Those only work if you put down the time you left/hope to return.

10 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Did she think the delivery man would hang around till she got back?