Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

2 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

You're just trying to outdo @red23 in the 'Martyr to the Relationship' stakes, arentcha ???

🤪

I'm not in the same league as @red23 - the worst thing my wife will do is play crap music at me, not chop my bollocks off in my sleep and stuff them inside my cheeks to make me look like a squirrel. 

As a wee update on above - the wife's boss told her to take a Covid test. I nipped to Boots and picked up some LFT's for her and some for me. She has done hers and tested negative. I have done mine and will know in about 20 minutes.

2 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I'm not in the same league as @red23 - the worst thing my wife will do is play crap music at me, not chop my bollocks off in my sleep and stuff them inside my cheeks to make me look like a squirrel. 

As a wee update on above - the wife's boss told her to take a Covid test. I nipped to Boots and picked up some LFT's for her and some for me. She has done hers and tested negative. I have done mine and will know in about 20 minutes.

Thoughts and prayers, my good man, thoughts and prayers....................................

She's just asked me "How do I start this"? Unlike her, I can't see through walls, and although I was pretty sure it was the tumble drier she was talking about I wasn't certain. I asked her 3 times and never got a reply. Turned out it was the tumble drier, I asked had she emptied the water and cleaned out the filter, "No, you never answered me". 

I answered 3 times, but she had turned it on and loaded up and started the washing machine so she never heard me. I have it sorted now.

Edited by Jacksgranda
Grandma

On 14/09/2021 at 20:53, Tony Ferrino said:

Mine can't talk about going anywhere for a day out or just even a walk without talking about getting a coffee and a "nice slice of cake". It's not so much going to a cafe it's the predictability of her mentioning it every time. If I mention it she calls me a tight old b*****d like her dad.

Kind of related - mine can't go on any car journey of any length without either bringing juice or making us stop for a coffee. We are routinely late for stuff because I've had to sit in the tim hortons drive through on the way. The tins of Pepsi max get half drunk- because its normally a fucking ten minute journey- and left in my car.

Why can you not just sit in the car for 30 mins without drinking something? 

Mine can't talk about going anywhere for a day out or just even a walk without talking about getting a coffee and a "nice slice of cake". It's not so much going to a cafe it's the predictability of her mentioning it every time. If I mention it she calls me a tight old b*****d like her dad.

You must be married to @pozbaird's sister...

40 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

You must be married to @pozbaird's sister...

Cannae’ whack a nice bit of cake and a coffee… when you get to my age it’s one of life’s simple pleasures, usually accompanied by reminiscing about a midfield of Fitzpatrick, Stark and Richardson and the days when the Dundee Shimmy pelted the North Bank roof with half bricks.

Give us auld farts a break. 😜

Kind of related - mine can't go on any car journey of any length without either bringing juice or making us stop for a coffee. We are routinely late for stuff because I've had to sit in the tim hortons drive through on the way. The tins of Pepsi max get half drunk- because its normally a fucking ten minute journey- and left in my car.
Why can you not just sit in the car for 30 mins without drinking something? 

I think my partner physically cannot get into the car without a coffee. Fair enough pre-Covid, she would make a coffee and even if we were going round the shops she would drink it as we were walking. She makes one to drive to Aldi, which takes approximately 3 mins door to door. Obviously cannot drink it inside due to mask wearing, so it always goes to waste. And then moans at the amount of coffee we go through when it isn’t on offer and we end up paying £6 a tin.

Going into Glasgow for a gig tonight , Mrs says she'll run me to the station . Tell her honestly it's alright as it's only 15 mins walk and will save her bundling all the kids into the car . No she insists she'll take me as she has to post her weekly covid test anyway . Ok despite an hour and a half notice we miss my proposed train before the kids are even in the car . No worries theres another one 13 minutes later. Finally we set off and she turns the opposite way from the station out of the estate . Apparently we have to go to the specific priority postbox that she uses every week which takes us well out our way and means I have to get the train at another station which now means we don't have time to get that one either . She diverts back to my original intended station but then pulls over to search for priority postboxes before dropping me off in a rage huffing that she'll just have to post it herself . 

End result , made my train by 20 seconds , however I could have already been scooping a nice cold pint if I'd just been allowed to walk .

5 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

Going into Glasgow for a gig tonight , Mrs says she'll run me to the station . Tell her honestly it's alright as it's only 15 mins walk and will save her bundling all the kids into the car . No she insists she'll take me as she has to post her weekly covid test anyway . Ok despite an hour and a half notice we miss my proposed train before the kids are even in the car . No worries theres another one 13 minutes later. Finally we set off and she turns the opposite way from the station out of the estate . Apparently we have to go to the specific priority postbox that she uses every week which takes us well out our way and means I have to get the train at another station which now means we don't have time to get that one either . She diverts back to my original intended station but then pulls over to search for priority postboxes before dropping me off in a rage huffing that she'll just have to post it herself . 

End result , made my train by 20 seconds , however I could have already been scooping a nice cold pint if I'd just been allowed to walk .

I'm sure, more than sure, if you had said drop you first as the post box isn't going anywhere, you'd be in more bother than worth.. 

18 hours ago, JamesP_81 said:

Long story short, you're partner's infuriating thing is getting you to the train on time.  You don't know you're living mate.

23 hours ago, JamesP_81 said:

The correct answer to this was that when they weren’t ready to leave at the required time for you to get your train, you left and walked the 15 mins to get it.

She threw a massive hissy fit earlier and fucked off out earlier,  all because I refused to empty and defrost a fucking fridge at 8.45 on a Friday night. I don't know where she's  went, and frankly I don't fucking care, as I've fucked off out in the car.

Well you would marry Worzel Gummidge, only yourself to blame.

2 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Highly Dundee specific and TBF not the wifes fault but she is away to meet a pal at Ardler community centre for a walk at Clatto because her pal (50) who has lived in Dundee all her life doesn't know where Clatto is 

I had a 1st date with a lassie from 4th year around Clatto Park.  Couldn't have been your wife's pal then.

Jumps to the most extreme outcome. The latest being that the (relatively new) shower is going between hot and cold this morning - "aw great, that'll be a new shower we need" then walks around moaning about it wondering how much a new shower will cost.

Jumps to the most extreme outcome. The latest being that the (relatively new) shower is going between hot and cold this morning - "aw great, that'll be a new shower we need" then walks around moaning about it wondering how much a new shower will cost.
That's fairly rational, mines would have me out buying a shower right away just incase that one caught fire.

That's fairly rational, mines would have me out buying a shower right away just incase that one caught fire.

I don't know if it's a female thing and their need to spend but it happens frequently that she'll not think to 'problem solve'. Her brain automatically goes to how things will cost to replace.