Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

If I worked or (christ almighty) lived somewhere that those were up I'd simply print a poster to go with them.

Backdrop: white clouds. inspirational sun just peeking out.

Text: "When you read a motivational poster....
                                                                                             ...find out who out it there and kick their pie."

She's off out tonight with friends for a meal. Which is fine. 

"I'll let you know if I need a lift, Sylvia will probably give me a lift back, I'll text you though". 

Table was booked for 7. I'm still none the wiser. So I can't have a beer. 

My money is on her not confirming with Sylvia one way or the other because she thinks asking her might upset her. Or some such crap. 

She'll rock up about half 10 having been dropped off by Sylvia of course. I'll have a drink then. 

8 hours ago, philpy said:

These might accidentally "fall off" and go in the bin soon....🤔

20210910_184145.jpg

My Mrs does this, but to be fair keeps them confined to a tiny 3' x 2' cork board so doesn't impact me in the slightest 

5 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:

"I'll let you know if I need a lift, Sylvia will probably give me a lift back, I'll text you though". 

My money is on her not confirming with Sylvia one way or the other because she thinks asking her might upset her. Or some such crap. 

She'll rock up about half 10 having been dropped off by Sylvia of course. I'll have a drink then. 

What is wrong with you man, if you've not heard from her by 7 30 crack a beer and then she's Sylvia's problem when she texts you

16 minutes ago, dave258 said:

What is wrong with you man, if you've not heard from her by 7 30 crack a beer and then she's Sylvia's problem when she texts you

100%.

I have no problem picking her up, or whatever, if she gives me definite plans. I won't, however, piss away a full evening  hanging about just incase her lift doesn't come off. 

This should just be a matter of , if I don't hear from you by 8pm I'll assume it's all good with Sylvia. Call me after that looking for a lift and your onto plums.

Edited by 'WellDel

12 hours ago, BFTD said:

"Dropped off by Sylvia" would make a suitable companion euphemism to "got off at Haymarket".

Trust me, you don't want to be 'dropped off by Sylvia'. Anywhere. 

17 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:

What you complaining about If that was er indoors I would find out I needed to drop Sylvia off home as well  when I went to pick her up . 

2 hours ago, Arthur daley said:

What you complaining about If that was er indoors I would find out I needed to drop Sylvia off home as well  when I went to pick her up . 

I've had that with an ex.

She's goes to a work's night out, I go to pick her up and out waddle 2 of her work pals who get in the car.

Her - "Can you drop off Morag and Mag'ret?"

Me going a few miles from the city centre to #G12 - "Where do they stay?"

Her - "Mags stays in Ballieston and Morag in East Kilbride".

I was a white ball of rage for the whole journey.

4 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

She's goes to a work's night out, I go to pick her up and out waddle 2 of her work pals who get in the car.

Bet mags and morag were happy when you split up”  we only met him once and he growled the whole journey and didn’t say a word to us  “ 

She was working today, I was off so I made dinner tonight while she showered. 

She went upstairs after dinner to dry her hair while I washed the dishes. I went upstairs half an hour later and she's lain on the bed reading some shite on FB with her hair still wet. 

Anybody else's missus think this is acceptable behaviour and when you point out they wouldn't like you taking the piss like that their reply is "you're f*ckin crabbit"?

Every day I get examples of shite I'd love to post on this thread and I forget what it was by the time I open the laptop.

We were out today however and upon asking me what exit to take on the upcoming roundabout she had a fit when I said "yer going left" and proceeded to ask questions like "Straight ahead? what one?". It was a simple 4 point roundabout, left, straight ahead, right or fuckin' U turn.

f**k me.

1 minute ago, Busta Nut said:

Every day I get examples of shite I'd love to post on this thread and I forget what it was by the time I open the laptop.

We were out today however and upon asking me what exit to take on the upcoming roundabout she had a fit when I said "yer going left" and proceeded to ask questions like "Straight ahead? what one?". It was a simple 4 point roundabout, left, straight ahead, right or fuckin' U turn.

f**k me.

Get her ears waxed.

On 12/09/2021 at 17:23, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Id have been 'aye no worries if they both give me a tenner for fuel.'

8 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Id have been 'aye no worries if they both give me a tenner for fuel.'

Don't forget wear & tear on the suspension.

Mention that and you might not even have to take any of them at all. Result.

2 hours ago, beesher said:

Chooses the worst times to organise seeing family/friends and logistical plans.

It's 8am and I've had a string of texts planning stuff for the next month. It's either at this time, after 10pm, when I'm in bed or when I'm extremely hungover.

Similarly, it used to roast my parsnips when I'd just be drifting off to sleep and I'd hear, "oh, remember to do <incredibly important thing that I knew nothing about> tomorrow. If you don't, the house will explode and we'll all die. Night-night".

Cue a sleepless night spent worrying that I'd forget to do <x>.

"Can you make me a bit of toast?"

So I made some toast. Put the plate down next to her - all the while she is looking at her phone. 15 minutes later she puts the phone down and bites into the toast. Apparently the toaster is broken because the toast is cold.