Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

4 hours ago, deej said:

She's away with work for a while, and will almost always phone me on the way to/from work.

Me "How are you"

Her "Ok you?"

"Yeah alright, up to much?"
"On my way to work, you?"
"nope nothing"

Her "well if you're not gonna talk I might as well hang up"

Me "cool bye"

Honestly no idea why she phones half the time, and she then gets pissy at me if neither of us have anything to say. 

She also phones me all the fucking time when I'm WFH for the most mundane shite, and gets annoyed when I say I'm working and need to go.

Feel your pain on this one.

I'm one of those folk who, if I have nothing to say, i dont say anything...a quiet bloke.  Missus and I have been together 15 years...so you would think she know the score...but no...

She caught Covid last Thursday and I got symptoms on Saturday so both off work this week.   Mon/Tues I felt rubbish but Wednesday I was feeling better and as I was bored out my nut I decided to just 'go back' to work and as I'm mainly working from home now I thought I might as well crack on with work that wont get done when I'm off sick.

Thursday afternoon she went off on one because I'd been buried in work all morning(catching up) and because I hadn't come downstairs for "a chat" all morning.    Bearing in mind I haven't seen anyone, spoken to anyone(outside of work), or had any other interactions where she hasn't been there -I have f*ck all to talk about....but despite me telling her this I  am ignorant.

The chat would no doubt be her telling me a load of pish about what she's seen on facebook...

14 minutes ago, fuzzydunlop said:

Feel your pain on this one.

I'm one of those folk who, if I have nothing to say, i dont say anything...a quiet bloke.  Missus and I have been together 15 years...so you would think she know the score...but no...

She caught Covid last Thursday and I got symptoms on Saturday so both off work this week.   Mon/Tues I felt rubbish but Wednesday I was feeling better and as I was bored out my nut I decided to just 'go back' to work and as I'm mainly working from home now I thought I might as well crack on with work that wont get done when I'm off sick.

Thursday afternoon she went off on one because I'd been buried in work all morning(catching up) and because I hadn't come downstairs for "a chat" all morning.    Bearing in mind I haven't seen anyone, spoken to anyone(outside of work), or had any other interactions where she hasn't been there -I have f*ck all to talk about....but despite me telling her this I  am ignorant.

The chat would no doubt be her telling me a load of pish about what she's seen on facebook...

This was us during the last lockdown. Both working form home, mostly in the same room. We just ran out of stuff to say so I didn't say much at all. All we could talk about was stuff that was coming up through work - and we work for the same employer.

And after a while she was saying to me "You don't talk to me much any more". 

10 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:

We're going out in about 45 minutes and she's still on a video call with her friend. Going by how long she usually takes to get ready, I don't see this ending well.

Tell her you are leaving when you said you would, it doesn't mater how ready she is.*

* she is most likely to be comfortably presentable, only worrying about completely unimportant shite, tell her to get the f**k on with it**

**yes I'm single.

Edited by parsforlife

The wife is ill and was planning to call the doctor yesterday. I asked if she'd got antibiotics. 15 solid minutes barely taking breath about a malfunction with the telephone queuing system, about how she had to send a photo but mostly about what she would have said in the event that the doctor had said something different from what the doctor had actually said, branching off into entirely hypothetical conversations in which she was outraged by the (completely imaginary) medical incompetence. I didn't even care if she'd got antibiotics and was only feigning an interest to keep her happy. 
Not gonorrhoea or anything before you start. 

Feel your pain, 3 years living together and I haven’t even come close to being able to look like i care about what she’s telling me when I absolutely don’t

She’s developed a strange habit of FaceTiming rather than phoning me and it’s beginning to do my tits in.

Engagement cancelled. My nine year old son does this and I just refuse to answer it. Call me like a normal human being.

My girlfriend has a friend round tonight for drinks. I don’t think that her friend has stopped for a breath in hours, just a constant stream of noise from her since she got here.

I’m on call tomorrow, am burst and giving her the look to say, can you please get her a taxi booked and tell her to f**k off?

She’s either not getting the look or patching me. Think it’s the latter.

33 minutes ago, Adam said:

Engagement cancelled. My nine year old son does this and I just refuse to answer it. Call me like a normal human being.

My girlfriend has a friend round tonight for drinks. I don’t think that her friend has stopped for a breath in hours, just a constant stream of noise from her since she got here.

I’m on call tomorrow, am burst and giving her the look to say, can you please get her a taxi booked and tell her to f**k off?

She’s either not getting the look or patching me. Think it’s the latter.

I don’t appreciate phone calls even. WhatsApp me like a normal human being.

On 10/09/2021 at 06:40, jimbaxters said:

Is 3 not a bit late to be potty training? 

He's not long turned 3, we planned to do it at start of summer but due the mother in law doing a Klinsmann over her coffee table and breaking her hip, we had her staying with her us and out of bounds the downstairs toilet with her commode. 

To be fair, duck to water for the wee felly, 3 weeks in, no accidents, dry nights and he already stands up to piss. Took the older one months to do that. 

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

“Someone told me this in B&M the other day so I’m sure if it’s true or not but …..”

Presumably this didn't end with "...apparently they're looking for more staff"?

Assumed those were fridge magnets for a second, but do you mean to say that your missus actually prints off Facebook motivational shite and sticks them up about the house with blu-tack?  :shutup