Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

Her wee car requires 2 new front tyres, we're both off tomorrow and she asked if I'd take it to get tyres in between a couple of things we've planned....

I've been looking at prices and found a good price online however can't get an appointment tomorrow. She works Saturday, Sunday and Monday and isn't keen on me booking in between her calls in case something happens with a wee biddy she looks after; fair enough. 

Said I'll book for Tuesday as she's off "what shift are you?" is asked - I'm nights "Oh so I'VE got to take it!? “.......... 

Not so keen on being reminded its her car this time...... or any other time it needs money spent 

So it's summer in Canada and quite hot so we are running the air conditioning.  The main air conditioner is located in our bedroom/my home office (we live in a 2 bedroom apartment) and is not exactly super quiet.  The bathroom is just down the hall and if one is in there, the person in the bedroom/home office cannot hear a word they are saying, a point I have made on a daily basis for the entire summer.  

Anyways she insists on starting a conversation while she is in there, I can't hear anything she is saying (sometimes don't even know she's speaking) and then she gets annoyed with me for "not listening"

10 minutes ago, mac.i said:

Her wee car requires 2 new front tyres, we're both off tomorrow and she asked if I'd take it to get tyres in between a couple of things we've planned....

I've been looking at prices and found a good price online however can't get an appointment tomorrow. She works Saturday, Sunday and Monday and isn't keen on me booking in between her calls in case something happens with a wee biddy she looks after; fair enough. 

Said I'll book for Tuesday as she's off "what shift are you?" is asked - I'm nights "Oh so I'VE got to take it!? “.......... 

Not so keen on being reminded its her car this time...... or any other time it needs money spent 

I find they think they are above such things as taking a car to a garage.

Watching love Island and a violin version of a song comes on and she asks what I think it is. 

Now I worked out it was Ed sheeran and said its the one he duetted with Beyonce on. 

She sat and ridiculed me for a few mins as if they would ever duet. 

One embarrassing search on my YouTube history later and apparently I should not have said get it right round ye for being right on song and the duet

53 minutes ago, mac.i said:

This is exactly why mobile tyre fitters are such a brilliant thing.  There may be a slight premium but it saves endless hassle, arguments and time.

11 minutes ago, weirdcal said:

One embarrassing search on my YouTube history later and apparently I should not have said get it right round ye for being right on song and the duet

A man of your age not realising this will never end well be it song, duet, or anything?  I'm surprised.

11 hours ago, mac.i said:

If you're based in Falkirk as per your bio, Ace Tyres in Bankside should be your answer. Generally can just do drop ins, and really good at matching other quotes that they can verify.

2 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

If you're based in Falkirk as per your bio, Ace Tyres in Bankside should be your answer. Generally can just do drop ins, and really good at matching other quotes that they can verify.

I've tried a few of my usual places and available stock seems to be an issue.... always used Fair Deal tyres when I lived in Dunfermline and have used their Grangemouth branch too - always good no frills service and prices. Same with D&G who I've used. JK tyres don't have the tyre I'm looking for available. 

Will check Ace as they're local to us 👍

@The Moonster I always prefer to do my homework as the four rubber bands are what keeps the car on the road.... 

1 minute ago, mac.i said:

I've tried a few of my usual places and available stock seems to be an issue.... always used Fair Deal tyres when I lived in Dunfermline and have used their Grangemouth branch too - always good no frills service and prices. Same with D&G who I've used. JK tyres don't have the tyre I'm looking for available. 

Will check Ace as they're local to us 👍

@The Moonster I always prefer to do my homework as the four rubber bands are what keeps the car on the road.... 

That's fair aye, I may just be lucky in that I've got a well stocked tyre garage 2 minutes from my house that have never required an appointment. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

That's fair aye, I may just be lucky in that I've got a well stocked tyre garage 2 minutes from my house that have never required an appointment. 

"We" seem to have a habit of picking motors with less common tyre sizes which doesn't help... 

On 20/08/2021 at 10:53, The Moonster said:

I'm something similar, 3 within a 15 minute drive.

Arranged to meet her at a pub at 5.30 after she had her hair done. Sat here for over an hour and she's still not finished at the hairdressers. 

Actually now I think about it this isn't infuriating at all, I've had a blissful hour in the pub all to myself. 

As you were.

Arranged to meet her at a pub at 5.30 after she had her hair done. Sat here for over an hour and she's still not finished at the hairdressers. 
Actually now I think about it this isn't infuriating at all, I've had a blissful hour in the pub all to myself. 
As you were.

Aye, about to say, that is the absolute dream!

2 hours ago, dave258 said:

As you were.

Yes, but imagine you did that to her.

2 hours ago, dave258 said:

As you were.

RTBC thread for this glorious pish

2 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

We’ve got people coming next weekend to stay so I’m not allowed to do a shite in the main bathroom after it’s been cleaned.

The appropriate course of action is to take a dump there about 5 minutes before they arrive. That will learn her! 

Just made me look a right c**t.

We have a gas barbeque and I couldn't get the cannister disconnected from the attachment thingy.So because I have left it out since about April I was convinced myself that it had probably got all rusty and welded itself to the cannister.So since about Tuesday I've been spraying wd40 onto to try and break the rust.Been out the back for about an hour today still couldn't move the thing misses walks over pushes the release button and the thing pops off no bother.

So moral of the tale is 4 ring gas burner free to a good home

Just made me look a right c**t.
We have a gas barbeque and I couldn't get the cannister disconnected from the attachment thingy.So because I have left it out since about April I was convinced myself that it had probably got all rusty and welded itself to the cannister.So since about Tuesday I've been spraying wd40 onto to try and break the rust.Been out the back for about an hour today still couldn't move the thing misses walks over pushes the release button and the thing pops off no bother.
So moral of the tale is 4 ring gas burner free to a good home

Serves you right for buying a gas bbq IMO.