Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

Insisted (despite my repeated highlighting that we'd be better waiting 1 day to avoid having to queue / distance because of restrictions) that we should go to IKEA today as "it makes more sense"

Guess who's now in a huff cos she's soaking and I'm not talking to her...

• 2 weeks later...

Against a backdrop of her constant huffing that "this hoose is always a bombsite" and other tidiness whining, I iust discovered aswell as a shitty auld storage box thing, shes also took a cast off massive bean bag off her maw, which we have no place for and is not filling the wee cupboard under the stair.

Literally all this thing that someone else didnt want is going to do is waste space until I have to take it to the cowp.

Why the f**k

27 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Against a backdrop of her constant huffing that "this hoose is always a bombsite" and other tidiness whining, I iust discovered aswell as a shitty auld storage box thing, shes also took a cast off massive bean bag off her maw, which we have no place for and is not filling the wee cupboard under the stair.

Literally all this thing that someone else didnt want is going to do is waste space until I have to take it to the cowp.

Why the f**k

Aye, I get similar. She simply cannot admit/recognise the fact that she's a hoarder. 

Her work sent her a foodie gift box thing the other day & part of it was a kitchen apron with company brand embroidered on it. After she ranted about how pointless & waste of money it was I told her just to bin it.

The apron is jammed in one of the overflowing kitchen drawers now.

Aye, I get similar. She simply cannot admit/recognise the fact that she's a hoarder. 
Her work sent her a foodie gift box thing the other day & part of it was a kitchen apron with company brand embroidered on it. After she ranted about how pointless & waste of money it was I told her just to bin it.
The apron is jammed in one of the overflowing kitchen drawers now.
"I know we wont use it. Its too good to bin tho"

Is the prevailing logic in my house.

I dont think I need to type anything re the stupidity levels there

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

"I know we wont use it. Its too good to bin tho"

Is the prevailing logic in my house.

I dont think I need to type anything re the stupidity levels there

You're lucky you don't live where I am - they throw NOTHING away and thus gardens are adorned with fridges, old TVs, Sofas etc etc.  There's even a wrecked Ford Ecosport in the next street.

Mind you, does make me feel at home right enough!  

19 minutes ago, hk blues said:

You're lucky you don't live where I am - they throw NOTHING away and thus gardens are adorned with fridges, old TVs, Sofas etc etc.  There's even a wrecked Ford Ecosport in the next street.

Mind you, does make me feel at home right enough!  

Where are you originally from, Greenock?

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Why the f**k

We get fresh eggs and milk delivered to our doorstep twice a week and pay a premium over supermarket prices for the privilege. 
She will still return home from visiting her Mum with 4 eggs that are within 48 hours of their use by date, because “her Mum won’t use them”.
Similar issues with half loaves of sliced bread, almost empty packets of cereal and unopened bags of flour, all within days of their best before dates.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Why the f**k

What sort of size and condition is this bean bag in? Send it to me, I have a home for it. 

1 hour ago, Funky Nosejob said:

We get fresh eggs and milk delivered to our doorstep twice a week and pay a premium over supermarket prices for the privilege. 
She will still return home from visiting her Mum with 4 eggs that are within 48 hours of their use by date, because “her Mum won’t use them”.
Similar issues with half loaves of sliced bread, almost empty packets of cereal and unopened bags of flour, all within days of their best before dates.

I can top that. Came home from work on Monday night after work to find a bag of prawn crackers from her maws, which was from their Chinese takeaway on the Sunday. 

WTF

3 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Never been to Greenock, I take it? There's a reason virginton only posts photos where the view is out to sea.

Great call.  I've been once and it must be in the top 5 biggest shiteholes in Scotland.

On 05/08/2021 at 12:35, pandarilla said:

But let this be a lesson... The line 'fancy dress' should never be used as a descriptive term for your wife when you're on the way out the door.

Reminds me of a work night out when I publicly complimented a female colleague on her "costume". Christ knows why I said that instead of outfit. She was furious.

7 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I can top that. Came home from work on Monday night after work to find a bag of prawn crackers from her maws, which was from their Chinese takeaway on the Sunday. 

WTF

Any time we used to visit the wife's parents, we'd get laden with assorted tins, packets, and boxes of food to take away with us, like we were refugees from the local soup kitchen. I found it a bit offensive, but I bit my tongue as the wife told me "it's a Jewish thing".

Thinking back to the jars of gefilte fish, out-of-date matzo mix, and bulk-buy Ramen noodles, I think it was more of a "we're running out of space in the pantry and the bins are full" thing.

She's been on a FB video call to a friend in England for over 2 hours, and I can hear her from upstairs, with all the doors shut. I've tried pulling her up for talking too loud the other night, but I get accused of trying to belittle her. She's not the one that's up at 5.30am and can't get to sleep for someone talking too fucking loud.

2 minutes ago, philpy said:

She's been on a FB video call to a friend in England for over 2 hours, and I can hear her from upstairs, with all the doors shut. I've tried pulling her up for talking too loud the other night, but I get accused of trying to belittle her. She's not the one that's up at 5.30am and can't get to sleep for someone talking too fucking loud.

Swith the Internet hub off and back on. Say there are connection issues.