Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

I know I'm a couple of days behind the Dubai chat.

This was the same reason I went to Dubai, the company I was with had a base there and I needed to spend a couple of nights there from time to time. It is so overrated, a building site with shops, full of utter wallopers. I would not pay to go there.

I appear to be in the minority in that I like Dubai/the UAE. The Marina and around that area are great places to stay. I love the extreme heat. I also love the Sunday champagne brunches the 5star hotels do and when stuffed/pished, come out and straight onto the beach and into the warm water.......

17 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

I appear to be in the minority in that I like Dubai/the UAE. The Marina and around that area are great places to stay. I love the extreme heat. I also love the Sunday champagne brunches the 5star hotels do and when stuffed/pished, come out and straight onto the beach and into the warm water.......

I also like Dubai (been 4 times) but the last time was probably 17 or 18 years ago so before it got really popular with the social media celebs.  I liked it for the weather, the luxury of the hotels but mostly because it was a great midway place beteen the UK and SE Asia to spend 5 or 6 days on the way home. 

On 23/07/2021 at 01:00, pandarilla said:

To be fair, I'm really bad at this. I rarely use sat nav but my special awareness must be fucking dreadful as it genuinely takes me 10 times visiting a place before i get to know it. As well as this i can easily get lost when I've just come into a new area, not knowing how to get back out.

I know folk who can learn shit like this first time so it's definitely a particular type of intelligence (one that me and your missuses don't have).

As opposed to your regular awareness?

Spatial awareness ffs

She apparently has a greater sense of smell than me. Everyday she will ask can you smell shit/pee/burning etc, and when I can't smell it she's pissed off at me for not being able to smell it. 

1 hour ago, Torpar said:

She apparently has a greater sense of smell than me. Everyday she will ask can you smell shit/pee/burning etc, and when I can't smell it she's pissed off at me for not being able to smell it. 

Smelling burning can be a sign of a brain tumour. Worth getting checked. 

Of course it can also be a sign that something is on fire. 

My wife has twice smelled burning in the car that i've initially dismissed. Once when i forgot to put the lid on the oil bit and once when the clutch burned out. 

10 minutes ago, coprolite said:

My wife has twice smelled burning in the car that i've initially dismissed. Once when i forgot to put the lid on the oil bit and once when the clutch burned out. 

Are you saying you didn't smell the clutch? Think it's you that should get checked.

1 minute ago, jimbaxters said:

Are you saying you didn't smell the clutch? Think it's you that should get checked.

I did eventually, but she'd been smelling "something" for about an hour before it properly packed up and smoke started coming out the engine. 

It wasn't exactly a traditional burning smell either, it had a sort of fruity piquante bouquet with a note of vinegar. 

Just now, coprolite said:

I did eventually, but she'd been smelling "something" for about an hour before it properly packed up and smoke started coming out the engine. 

It wasn't exactly a traditional burning smell either, it had a sort of fruity piquante bouquet with a note of vinegar. 

You must drive a fancy motor then.  Any time I've driven inclines for any length of time and smelt the clutch it's unmistakable and actually quite alarming.

23 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Top 30 Oz Clarke GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

24 minutes ago, coprolite said:

It wasn't exactly a traditional burning smell either, it had a sort of fruity piquante bouquet with a note of vinegar

Are you sure that wasn't the empty wine bottles rolling around the back seat?

On 27/07/2021 at 14:54, coprolite said:

Sometimes when I'm about to have a migraine, I can smell burning. Fairly regularly, actually - like the toxic, acrid smell of a plastic fire. I used to think I was actually smelling toxic smoke from somewhere, and that's what was bringing the migraine on. If a migraine kicks in and I haven't noticed the smoke, taking zolmitriptan to knock it on the head will absolutely bring on the smell, with the addition of a bubbling sensation in my sinuses, like they're being rinsed out with a mild acid.

I know that doesn't have much to do with anything, but I put up with that shit for about a quarter of a century before being diagnosed, and just wanted to share in case anyone else has had similar symptoms and doesn't know what's going on.

We're currently redecorating our living room and are getting rid of our old TV unit.

When I went to pick up the wee man from nursery after I finished work, rather than wait the 10 minutes for me to come home, my wife decided to attempt to move the glass top which was the same size as her outside. This is what I returned home to:
20210729_180321.jpeg

On 23/07/2021 at 10:59, The Derry said:

And you're still with her??

Do you see yourself having kids with this cretin?  Is that the sort of person you'd want being a role model for your kids?  C'mon to f**k, bruh.

So an update, to piss her off/test her i said we should watch a film so picked gran torino 😂 (worth a watch for anyone who's not seen it tbh) thought it might strike a cord with her, wanted to see if theres a decent human in that skull of hers.

As i though vile comments throughout and continued bigotry, "why are you making me watch chinese people" and half way through refused to watch anymore.

Pretty sure it's over tbh.

Edited by red23