Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

8 hours ago, hk blues said:

I noticed the silicon seal around our sink had given up - I rarely go in that particular room so I asked her why she hadn't told me, of course she insisted she had.  Anyway, I proceeded to fix it.  She asked when she could use it and I told her after 24 hours. Of course, she took exception to this and said the guy who installed it said a couple of hours would be enough.  I pointed out that this was why I was now having to fix it.  I saw here cutting strips of tin foil (my 1st thought was she was making a hat) - she said it was to place around the sink so she could use it sooner.  I put her right on that.  I've just caught her using it - she insists she wasn't getting the silicon wet.  I pointed out to her again that it wasn't so much that as the weight of the sink would stretch the silicon if it hadn't cured - I had already told her this previously.

She's now making a song and dance of washing the dishes in a bucket in the kitchen.  No fucks given by me.  

Should fill sink/bath then seal and leave water in it while it cures.

So been going out with the new gf for 6 months now and questioning if it's all worth it. 

beautiful, good job, good ride...........but fking crazy and completely irrational at times.

Went out for a drive in her car with her to look at a new car for me, was a 30 minute drive (15 miles or so) and when at the garage the boy said btw you're tyre is completely worn on the inner edge, had a look and right enough. it's quite bad so £50 for a replacement to be done next week.

Driving back and she's not speaking so i twig something is up, so after a long period of silence she says "this is why i don't want to be driving my car long distances like this, this car isn't new and shouldn't be driven far distances as faults like this happen. It's a 2016 Peugeot 2008. 

So i explain to her a tyre wears out over 20k miles, is just part of owning a car and is £50 for a new tyre, even offered to take it out to get it done for her. But shes not having it and says that it's my fault and we should only drive the car in town as it's not made for long distances like the one we just drove.

Then comes all the chat about how ignorant i am about things and that if i drove more carefully the tyre would still be fine. So after 15 minutes of trying to comfort her  i snap after and say she needs to go do some education on the matter before saying such nonsense. She finishes off with saying i am just too argumentative for her and she needs to go away and think.

She text me asking if I'm ready to apologise yet.

Things like this are just pointless and infuriating. If we can't deal with such a minor issue then what hope do we have? There is no logic to what she's saying, no need for the argument and it really drags you down at times!

Edited by red23

So been going out with the new gf for 6 months now and questioning if it's all worth it. 
beautiful, good job, good ride...........but fking crazy and completely irrational at times.
Went out for a drive in her car with her to look at a new car for me, was a 30 minute drive (15 miles or so) and when at the garage the boy said btw you're tyre is completely worn on the inner edge, had a look and right enough. it's quite bad so £50 for a replacement to be done next week.
Driving back and she's not speaking so i twig something is up, so after a long period of silence she says "this is why i don't want to be driving my car long distances like this, this car isn't new and shouldn't be driven far distances as faults like this happen. It's a 2016 Peugeot 2008. 
So i explain to her a tyre wears out over 20k miles, is just part of owning a car and is £50 for a new tyre, even offered to take it out to get it done for her. But shes not having it and says that it's my fault and we should only drive the car in town as it's not made for long distances like the one we just drove.
Then comes all the chat about how ignorant i am about things and that if i drove more carefully the tyre would still be fine. So after 15 minutes of trying to comfort her  i snap after and say she needs to go do some education on the matter before saying such nonsense. She finishes off with saying i am just too argumentative for her and she needs to go away and think.
Things like this are just pointless and infuriating. If we can't deal with such a minor issue then what hope do we have? There is no logic to what she's saying, no need for the argument and it really drags you down at times!

Doesn't sound too good.

She sounds a bit mental, and the whole 'are you ready to apologise' annoys me. If she thinks you owe her an apology she should wait for it and get rid of you if she's not happy.

But maybe you need to work on not snapping over something so trivial? No matter who is right or wrong (sounds like you're right, as cars don't break the moment they go on the motorway) - it's not something that anyone should be getting worked up about.

8 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Doesn't sound too good.

She sounds a bit mental, and the whole 'are you ready to apologise' annoys me. If she thinks you owe her an apology she should wait for it and get rid of you if she's not happy.

But maybe you need to work on not snapping over something so trivial? No matter who is right or wrong (sounds like you're right, as cars don't break the moment they go on the motorway) - it's not something that anyone should be getting worked up about.

understand what you say mate but it's a frequent occurrence where she refuses to shift or be reasoned with. 

She flat out refuses to eat thai/chnese/japanese because she hates "chinese people"

She drunk drove home one night, i asked her wtf she thinks shes doing, her response was her drink driving is better than my standard driving and she's a perfectly capable drink driver.

Were discussing football, she said that injuries happen not because of the tackle but the player falling over and hurting himself. I calmly corrected her and was told that i don't respect her and feel threatened because she knows more than me. 

I could go on but it's difficult when someone's mind won't budge and they are always right. 

understand what you say mate but it's a frequent occurrence where she refuses to shift or be reasoned with. 
She flat out refuses to eat thai/chnese/japanese because she hates "chinese people"
She drunk drove home one night, i asked her wtf she thinks shes doing, her response was her drink driving is better than my standard driving and she's a perfectly capable drink driver.
Were discussing football, she said that injuries happen not because of the tackle but the player falling over and hurting himself. I calmly corrected her and was told that i don't respect her and feel threatened because she knows more than me. 
I could go on but it's difficult when someone's mind won't budge and they are always right. 
Dangerous lunatic, get her binned and if you hear of her drink driving again philpy her.

2 minutes ago, red23 said:

Probably wrong, but sounds like she gets bossed around all day at work and comes home to take it out on you. Buy a dog and refuse to throw a stick.

22 minutes ago, red23 said:

Must be some ride/job.

Fucking hell.

Racism and drunk driving is not cool, man. Get her to f**k.

52 minutes ago, red23 said:

My last ex was like that mate, anytime I corrected her on silly wee things it would cause arguments. Better off without, no amount of cracking rides is worth the hassle IMO 

Edit: Also Drunk Driver and Racist? Get her in the bin

Edited by Central Belt Caley

45 minutes ago, red23 said:

Marry her and have a couple of kids together, she'll settle down fine.

1 hour ago, red23 said:

First post I was going to say her her dumped she’s a lunatic, but now I’m struggling to believe this is not a wind up.

Racist drunk driver and you’re still in any way involved? Not buying it.

Mine appears to be incapable of following road signs to a destination.

Admittedly she's from Yorkshire and pretty much learned to drive in a tractor,  but surely most people know what to do when you say "follow signs for *insert place*", and then it's reasonable to expect them not to just drive in a continuous straight line & blame you because "you didn't tell me where to turn"?

I'm certain it's in the fucking driving test tbh. Think it's a woman thing, my sister told me the other week she just follows the sat nav every journey she makes & as a result never remembers where to go even though she's driven a route several times. 

3 minutes ago, red23 said:

She's knocked the driving on the head for now after i said i won't tolerate it to be fair so that's the only thing that gave her a prolonged chance.

Shes from a foreign culture that seems to tolerate racism more than it should so i gave her the benefit of the doubt and felt i could educate her over the months.

The every day arguing isn't fun. It's the simple things too, arranged to meet mates the other week at 4pm so she books a hair appointment 3pm -4pm and shock, it runs late and we turn up at 4.30pm. It was my fault because i didn't tell her not to book an appointment before 4pm.

Mail order bride IMO

1 hour ago, just me 2 said:

So they say but what difference does it make if it’s empty or full, it is still moving and the bath/ sink is more likely to be empty more than it is full

I dunno, only repeating what a plumber told me.