Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

2 hours ago, Tony Ferrino said:

We're currently in an old rented house which has an Aga oven. It's an impractical waste of money, especially at this time of year, so we also have a small portable electric oven with 2 hobs on top. We also had one of these sandwich makers until Mrs Ferrino thought to sit it on top of the mini oven and instead of turning the oven on, put on the hobs, melting the sandwich maker.

Could happen to the best of us, quite frankly.

Not infuriating but still annoying. Got told we have a package coming today. That's fine as wasn't going anywhere today anyway. She finished work and asked if it had been delivered to which I replied No it hasn't. 

Anyway the delivery she is waiting on is for next Tuesday the 27th. 

Meh my fault obviously 

On 19/07/2021 at 15:43, Rizzo said:

My OH is also a bad one for dishes. He doesn't pile newly washed on top of dry tbf but if there's a particularly big pile the sensible thing to do would be to dry some of them instead of creating this sort of monstrosity.

I'm terrified to walk past our drying rack half the time in case I sneeze or cough suddenly.

20210719_154445.jpg

I'm pretty sure you've posted similar on here before and were told he does it on purpose to try and get you to do it

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I'm pretty sure you've posted similar on here before and were told he does it on purpose to try and get you to do it

I think my previous moan was more about the stacking of tupperware items inside each other to allow for minimal drying.

The dish tower is something new and I suspect a communication that we could be doing with a dishwasher.

Sadly whoever designed our kitchen decided to go for the unpopular "least efficient use of space" layout so that won't be happening any time soon.

1 minute ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:
8 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:
Could happen to the best of us, quite frankly.

^^^ Voice of experience, imho.

Oh yes. You don't reach my advanced years without having done something silly.

1 minute ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:
1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:
Oh yes. You don't reach my advanced years without having done something silly.

Do you realise we're looking now at an entire generation who will never, ever come home pissed and think it's a good idea to put the chip pan on?

My mother nearly destroyed the kitchen when the chip pan went on fire. And she wasn't pissed. (Had it happened at 10 o' clock the previous night I couldn't have said that.)

My old dear nearly burned down the house with a tray of oven chips. Shed burnt them, left them out to cool down then threw them in the wheelie bin.

I went through to the kitchen about an hour later to see a flickering light from the side window. Open the door and the bin is a melted puddle of shite on fire and the drainpipe had caught fire and was just about to set the eaves of the roof up.

Her - where are my hair straighteners (or any other object that she needs on a daily basis)?

Me - dunno

Her - for fucks sake 

Me - why would I know where you put them?

Her - you haven't even helped me look for them

Me - you didnt ask and I didn't know until 2 seconds ago you were looking for them. Do you want a hand?

Her - no, I'll do it myself

Is everyone's other half like this or just mines?

21 minutes ago, the snudge said:

Her - where are my hair straighteners (or any other object that she needs on a daily basis)?

Me - dunno

Her - for fucks sake 

Me - you didnt ask and I didn't know until 2 seconds ago you were looking for them. Do you want a hand?

Is that a rhetorical question?

24 minutes ago, the snudge said:

Me - dunno

Her - for fucks sake 

Mine is almost opposite in that she'll be hunting around, opening and closing drawers and cupboards but not say what she's looking for.  I like it that way as I therefore don't need to get involved in looking for whatever she's lost.

Me - dunno
Her - for fucks sake 

That's insane behaviour mate. Get her telt.

If she asks (politely) for help, then I'll give it - but to just presume it is mental. The only time where this reaction is acceptable is where it's a vital thing for both people e.g. Holiday tickets on the morning of the holiday.

Me - dunno
Her - for fucks sake 

On the other side of the coin, if I've lost something I won't tell my OH now as I'll just get an unending barrage of pointless questions which are of absolutely no help at all in locating said item such as "where did you last have it?" or "have you left it somewhere?"

On 20/07/2021 at 07:44, Tony Ferrino said:

We're currently in an old rented house which has an Aga oven. It's an impractical waste of money, especially at this time of year, so we also have a small portable electric oven with 2 hobs on top. We also had one of these sandwich makers until Mrs Ferrino thought to sit it on top of the mini oven and instead of turning the oven on, put on the hobs, melting the sandwich maker.

When my Dad's Alzheimer's kicked in he melted 2 plastic electric kettles on the gas hob, we had to switch it for an induction one. 

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

That's insane behaviour mate. Get her telt.

If she asks (politely) for help, then I'll give it - but to just presume it is mental. The only time where this reaction is acceptable is where it's a vital thing for both people e.g. Holiday tickets on the morning of the holiday.

I'm getting married in October. Just need to tell her that it's to someone else who's not bat shit crazy.

In all fairness she's a good un she's actually put up alot with my mental behaviour in the past. 

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

When my Dad's Alzheimer's kicked in he melted 2 plastic electric kettles on the gas hob, we had to switch it for an induction one. 

Alzheimer’s/ dementia is a cnut. A few months ago I went to stay with my parents for a few days. I was getting some food ready when mum said she wanted a mixture of spring vegetable and tomato soup. I checked with her several times that that was really what she wanted and she assured me she’d had it lots. A couple of mouthfuls in she paused and said “this has an unusual flavour”.  She ate it all though.

I noticed the silicon seal around our sink had given up - I rarely go in that particular room so I asked her why she hadn't told me, of course she insisted she had.  Anyway, I proceeded to fix it.  She asked when she could use it and I told her after 24 hours. Of course, she took exception to this and said the guy who installed it said a couple of hours would be enough.  I pointed out that this was why I was now having to fix it.  I saw here cutting strips of tin foil (my 1st thought was she was making a hat) - she said it was to place around the sink so she could use it sooner.  I put her right on that.  I've just caught her using it - she insists she wasn't getting the silicon wet.  I pointed out to her again that it wasn't so much that as the weight of the sink would stretch the silicon if it hadn't cured - I had already told her this previously.

She's now making a song and dance of washing the dishes in a bucket in the kitchen.  No fucks given by me.  

I noticed the silicon seal around our sink had given up - I rarely go in that particular room so I asked her why she hadn't told me, of course she insisted she had.  Anyway, I proceeded to fix it.  She asked when she could use it and I told her after 24 hours. Of course, she took exception to this and said the guy who installed it said a couple of hours would be enough.  I pointed out that this was why I was now having to fix it.  I saw here cutting strips of tin foil (my 1st thought was she was making a hat) - she said it was to place around the sink so she could use it sooner.  I put her right on that.  I've just caught her using it - she insists she wasn't getting the silicon wet.  I pointed out to her again that it wasn't so much that as the weight of the sink would stretch the silicon if it hadn't cured - I had already told her this previously.
She's now making a song and dance of washing the dishes in a bucket in the kitchen.  No fucks given by me.  
You are rarely in the kitchen?