Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

Just now, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
22 hours ago, philpy said:
Making at least 3 messenger calls to friends in England, then moaning because she's not had time do anything. 

Anyone else assume MSN messenger?

Nope. FB messenger. 

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

You are a disappointing husband, father, lover and man. 

Agreed. Throbber you sound like an absolute, well, throbber. A week off from your main responsibility in life and you can't see that it was a benefit to you at all.

13 minutes ago, dave258 said:

Agreed. Throbber you sound like an absolute, well, throbber. A week off from your main responsibility in life and you can't see that it was a benefit to you at all.

You haven't had much interaction on here with oor throbbz, have you?

On 07/07/2021 at 22:39, throbber said:

Like many couples, Me and my Mrs take turns of getting up with the kids each morning. So last week she was away staying with her mum with our son whilst my daughter stayed with my parents and I had the place to my self for the week. So she came back Saturday and it was decided that I would not only be getting up with the kids on Sunday but I’d have to look after them for several hours whilst she went out to the shops which I agreed to. Monday morning she got up with the kids at around 530 but on Tuesday morning (my day to get up with them) they slept til 645 and we both got up when we would have anyway. Then this morning we clearly had our wires crossed as when both kids were awake and screaming at 530 she assumed I should be the one who got up with then as my day yesterday didn’t count as I got to lay in anyway. I argued back that we were doing it day about and that’s just the luck of the draw and then she hit me back with how I got to lay in every day last week when she was away. To avoid any further fallout I got up with the kids but even when she came downstairs after sleeping an extra hour she still gave me attitude as if I’d acted out of order.

Did you ever think about a having a conversation with her? "Our regular schedule has been disrupted. Whose turn is it to get up with the kids tomorrow?"

21 hours ago, Slacker said:

Isn't it more that she's arguing that 'your day' was null and void because you didn't need to get up any earlier. If you had to get up at 5:30am on your day then she would've done it the next. Therefore no need to request you doing it for the first few mornings. But in this scenario she'd be getting up at 5:30am twice, while you got up once at 6:30am, and then on top of that you had a full week to yourself (yes, you're getting up for work but it's still 3/4 potential 5:30am wake-ups that didn't happen) just last week.

I think if you're going by the letter of the law - luck of the draw - then you're right, but if you're going by common sense/decency you should've just got up.

For me, half the joy of a long lie is looking forward to it the night before - throbber was denied that pleasure.  So,  he's right but obviously that matters not a jot.

20 hours ago, coprolite said:

Because women have the capability to win any argument by abandoning logic, which men are bound by. 

If neither partner has to use logic or neither can abandon it then something else will need to determine who wins an argument. 

We usually resort to stone,  paper or scissors - we used to fist fight but she always got the better of me.

4 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Having kids sounds horrible.

Why would you purposely ruin your life?

Because eventually you have grandchildren and it's payback time...

Come to the realisation that 90% of women's group chats are what gift to buy for the newborn/girl at work that got the promotion/engaged couple/mother in laws birthday. 

No I don't know whether your pal's boyfriend who I met once at a wedding would appreciate a couples spa voucher. 

Women are weird. 

It was a bit of a break but I was still working every day so I’m not classing it as a holiday. Was great coming home to the football though and being able to do what I want the second I’m in door.
I hate to break this one to you but any work / business trip is now counted as a holiday as far as your other half is concerned........

Friday night "I'll phone you back in ten minutes". Over an hour later still no phone call so I nip to the pub in the mind of having a couple and going to see her. "You're no having a drink then coming to mine". Fine, fair enough, I'm already onto my second pint so that'll be that for the night. 

Saturday morning starts being snidey about me "ditching her" for the pub. Sacked off replying to her or even reading her messages and went on the pish. Apparently I've made a massive show of her for not going to a party that I was never going to in the first place and need to figure out what it is I want in life. 

They're all fucking nutters. 

25 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Friday night "I'll phone you back in ten minutes". Over an hour later still no phone call so I nip to the pub in the mind of having a couple and going to see her. "You're no having a drink then coming to mine". Fine, fair enough, I'm already onto my second pint so that'll be that for the night. 

Saturday morning starts being snidey about me "ditching her" for the pub. Sacked off replying to her or even reading her messages and went on the pish. Apparently I've made a massive show of her for not going to a party that I was never going to in the first place and need to figure out what it is I want in life. 

They're all fucking nutters. 

Is this the one your were considering passing over for a lassie on Tinder or the lassie you had had your eye on?

I hate to break this one to you but any work / business trip is now counted as a holiday as far as your other half is concerned........

^^This every day of the week.

I’m lucky our head office is in Austin and I get a couple of trips a year (well used too). If you saw my expenses message a few pages back, you’ll know my work is good to us and let’s us enjoy ourselves. I’ve been to Denver for the NFL(I paid for most of it), plenty nights out with lots of steak but that’s all she hears. Doesn’t hear the 8-9 hours of work/meetings I do each day I’m there it’s all.. your on holiday is all I hear from her

57 minutes ago, steelmen said:

^^This every day of the week.

I’m lucky our head office is in Austin and I get a couple of trips a year (well used too). If you saw my expenses message a few pages back, you’ll know my work is good to us and let’s us enjoy ourselves. I’ve been to Denver for the NFL(I paid for most of it), plenty nights out with lots of steak but that’s all she hears. Doesn’t hear the 8-9 hours of work/meetings I do each day I’m there it’s all.. your on holiday is all I hear from her

I used to be away on business 3 or 4 nights a week and I'll admit It felt like a holiday at times.  Obviously, I painted  a very different, and bleak,  picture when I told the wife about the trips. 

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I used to be away on business 3 or 4 nights a week and I'll admit It felt like a holiday at times.  Obviously, I painted  a very different, and bleak,  picture when I told the wife about the trips. 

And when she took her clothes off she had a cock!