Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I've to collect a couple of the grandchildren and bring them down so I've to call into Tesco to get a few bits and pieces to keep them fed.

My wife is righting out the list and is telling me what she's putting on it. I can read a list of messages, thank you.

Tell me you're doing a milton75 there. Although you didn't put it in italics so maybe not.

Oh!

Edited by jimbaxters

2 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Tell me you're doing a milton75 there. Although you didn't put it in italics so maybe not.

Oh!

I read that as she is correcting and perfecting the list so that it satisfies all of her messages needs.

Later on she will chastise JG for not getting something that she has decided is essential but did not put on the list.

Oh indeed. :lol:

I can read a list of messages, obviously can't write one...

5 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Oh!

Just now, velo army said:

I read that as she is correcting and perfecting the list so that it satisfies all of her messages needs.

Later on she will chastise JG for not getting something that she has decided is essential but did not put on the list.

Very much this.

4 hours ago, velo army said:

I'll probably get a text which will be impossible to decipher, necessitating a phone call which will become increasingly fractious as she attempts to explain what it is she's looking and which aisle to find it in.

Edited by Jacksgranda

3 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

I'll probably get a text which will be impossible to decipher, necessitating a phone call which will become increasingly fractious as she attempts to explain what it is she's looking and which aisle to find it in.

Fooled her, left my phone at home. Accidentally, honest.

Video-called me this morning to ask for a couple of people's numbers to book some tickets, waking me and our daughter in the process.

When I asked why this couldn't be done in a text message, she responded "well, I hadn't heard from you". Probably because I was sleeping.

Her and her family's obsession with calls (primarily video calls) when a text would do is absolutely infuriating.

On 08/06/2021 at 14:50, jimbaxters said:

To put this in context, I only ever watch live football on TV when Scotland are playing or.....and here's the rub...during World Cup or Euros. Work permitting I then try to see every match. This should mean I have saved up plenty of football "tickets".

In a ray of sunshine moment, when talking last night about telly logistics for the upcoming Euros she ACTUALLY said that as long as I sign her into Netflix on her laptop (because that's my job apparently) then the T.V. is all mine. Oh how I wish I had taped it because I am convinced I will sequel this post at some point this weekend with a story of the collapse of said agreement.

In an update on this, it's only fair that I mention she has been as good as gold so far, God love her.

Edited by jimbaxters

She went into the town with the bairn earlier. Last night I said, can you check we need anything as I will be furiously busy all day today.

Ive had about 5 texts in the past hour.  Do we need tatties? What about milk? Cheese?  etc etc etc

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

She went into the town with the bairn earlier. Last night I said, can you check we need anything as I will be furiously busy all day today.

Ive had about 5 texts in the past hour.  Do we need tatties? What about milk? Cheese?  etc etc etc

To flip this, when I'm heading out to the shops 'Right can you think of anything else we need?'

'No'.

When I get back 'Ah yeah we need' then reels off about 10 things.

Like many couples, Me and my Mrs take turns of getting up with the kids each morning. So last week she was away staying with her mum with our son whilst my daughter stayed with my parents and I had the place to my self for the week. So she came back Saturday and it was decided that I would not only be getting up with the kids on Sunday but I’d have to look after them for several hours whilst she went out to the shops which I agreed to. Monday morning she got up with the kids at around 530 but on Tuesday morning (my day to get up with them) they slept til 645 and we both got up when we would have anyway. Then this morning we clearly had our wires crossed as when both kids were awake and screaming at 530 she assumed I should be the one who got up with then as my day yesterday didn’t count as I got to lay in anyway. I argued back that we were doing it day about and that’s just the luck of the draw and then she hit me back with how I got to lay in every day last week when she was away. To avoid any further fallout I got up with the kids but even when she came downstairs after sleeping an extra hour she still gave me attitude as if I’d acted out of order.

17 minutes ago, throbber said:

Like many couples, Me and my Mrs take turns of getting up with the kids each morning. So last week she was away staying with her mum with our son whilst my daughter stayed with my parents and I had the place to my self for the week. So she came back Saturday and it was decided that I would not only be getting up with the kids on Sunday but I’d have to look after them for several hours whilst she went out to the shops which I agreed to. Monday morning she got up with the kids at around 530 but on Tuesday morning (my day to get up with them) they slept til 645 and we both got up when we would have anyway. Then this morning we clearly had our wires crossed as when both kids were awake and screaming at 530 she assumed I should be the one who got up with then as my day yesterday didn’t count as I got to lay in anyway. I argued back that we were doing it day about and that’s just the luck of the draw and then she hit me back with how I got to lay in every day last week when she was away. To avoid any further fallout I got up with the kids but even when she came downstairs after sleeping an extra hour she still gave me attitude as if I’d acted out of order.

You did, you're selfish.

27 minutes ago, throbber said:

You’d just had an entire week to yourself you selfish fucker. 

3 hours ago, Rugster said:

You’d just had an entire week to yourself you selfish fucker. 

I don’t know what that’s got to do with it if we are doing alternate mornings though. Also she didn’t have both kids she just had the youngest one.

I don’t know what that’s got to do with it if we are doing alternate mornings though. Also she didn’t have both kids she just had the youngest one.
Nah mate you're definitely being arsey if you're expecting it to not come in to play.

It's all about give and take.

21 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Nah mate you're definitely being arsey if you're expecting it to not come in to play.

It's all about give and take.

Well I was hardly living the life of luxury when they were away for a week as o had to work every day so still don’t think I did anything wrong by assuming it was her day to get up with them.

5 hours ago, throbber said:

You're right and she's wrong. However...

It was her turn. End of IMO. Her giving you attitude was her doubling down on her arsehole behaviour to ensure you don’t pull her up. She knows fine well she was at it.

If the situation were reversed would she get up or would she say “f**k off, it’s you turn”?

There’s your answer.