Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

32 minutes ago, Pato said:

Just drop it down the middle and arrive with a pile of splintered wood. Technically fulfilled your duties.

Plus, more scrap wood for Philpy's Outdoor Furniture Project Ltd. 

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey

On 11/02/2021 at 09:50, Funky Nosejob said:

My experience runs something similar to...

Mrs. Nosejob: ”I saw a post on a Facebook group and a thought it might be a fun thing for Funky Junior. Now, you don’t have to say yes, but I think it would be a fantastic thing for you two to do together. It’s on a Thursday evening so we would have to change our meal time, but I think if we plan it ahead that’s not a problem. Now it’s running for 8 weeks so that would maybe overlap with the start of his cricket season, but he’d probably only miss the first two weeks of that and I think that what he’d get out of it would be amazing. You might have to take him straight from school or you could come home but you’d probably have to set off again 5 minutes later. If you did take him straight from school you could always stop off for a snack at McDonalds, he’d really love that...”

After another 2 minutes of rambling discourse, she’ll finally reveal it’s a watercolour painting class and show me the Facebook post, which I’ll skim read and click through to the details.

Me: “It’s for adults only and the dates are for 2017”.

A variation on the above…

Mrs. Nosejob: I’ve spent the last month considering, browsing and researching what is going to be a fairly expensive purchase for us. I’ve probably changed my mind several times and have gone into the minutest details. I have never previously thought to bring you into the discussion, so this is completely new to you. I’ve got a zoom meeting with the salesman in 5 minutes. I’m now going to spend 4 minutes talking you through what I think is our best option.

4 minutes later - So, what are your thoughts?

6 months later - Well if it was an obvious issue, why didn’t you mention it at the time?

One thing I haven't missed is picking her up from days/nights out.

She met a few pals in Glasgow for lunch and asked me to pick her up at half 5. We agreed where I would pick her up and I phoned as I got off the motorway to let her know I was a couple of minutes away. Parked up and sat in the car for 5 minutes before phoning her again. "I'm just coming" she said even though I could quite clearly here pub noise in the background. Eventually she turned up 10 minutes later and is currently giving me the silent treatment after I was "moody" with her.

At least I can watch the football in peace.

2 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

She met a few pals in Glasgow for lunch and asked me to pick her up at half 5. We agreed where I would pick her up and I phoned as I got off the motorway to let her know I was a couple of minutes away. Parked up and sat in the car for 5 minutes before phoning her again. "I'm just coming" she said even though I could quite clearly here pub noise in the background. Eventually she turned up 10 minutes later and is currently giving me the silent treatment after I was "moody" with her.

You should point out that Mumsnet regards 'silent treatment' as a form of emotional abuse, and since she's an abuser, you'd be well within your rights to kick her out of the family home and phone Women's Aid for support.

Edited by Boo Khaki

29 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

You should point out that Mumsnet regards 'silent treatment' as a form of emotional abuse, and since she's an abuser, you'd be well within your rights to kick her out of the family home and phone Women's Aid for support.

Silent treatment is a rare treat.  I'm up to day 3 now and hoping for a record stint to cover the group games. 

Is this not normal when picking partner up? Gives chance to check phone etc, at least you never had to drop friends off also which was never arranged, and silent treatment, win win here mate [emoji106]

Her: I just got an email saying that Royal Mail attempted to deliver a parcel half an hour ago.  Did you not hear the door? (in a tone which strongly suggests this is my fault that she'll have to drive to a collection centre)

Me: Can they not use a doorbell or something?

Her: No, I turned the doorbell off.

Edited by Hedgecutter

We needed 2 frames to put my son's school certificates in.  Due to lockdown rules, only 1 of us can go out so I had to rely on my wife to get them.  I wrote down the exact size we needed and off she went to the shopping centre.  She's just back - the size is wrong.  I asked how this could be and she said the shop assistant said they'd fit.  Now, she didn't have the certificates with her (again, I repeat, she had the sizes written down) so how the f**k could the assistant know they'd fit and why didn't they use the sizes I gave as a wee clue?  

I'm displeased. 

16 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Her: I just got an email saying that Royal Mail attempted to deliver a parcel half an hour ago.  Did you not hear the door? (in a tone which strongly suggests this is my fault that she'll have to drive to a collection centre)

Me: Can they not use a doorbell or something?

Her: No, I turned the doorbell off.

Turned the doorbell off? The doorbell. Off. Good grief. 

giphy-1.gif.ea93282870ee72e35da266406a20b8d1.gif

18 hours ago, philpy said:

Words fucking fail me...

20210611_184320.jpg

It is entirely acceptable depending where the toast was eaten and the bin situation in that room but something which irrationally triggers me is seeing empty cans like that on a plate. 

It must be some sort of childhood trauma but I'm angry looking at that for some reason. 

My wife hates clutter.  She also hates getting rid of stuff so the solution to the clutter problem is just to buy more shelves for the stuff we don't need. My home is starting to look more like a warehouse than a home. 

Oh, and apparently I am better at organizing shelves so guess who gets the joy of putting all of this useless stuff on the shelves that I have assembled?

4 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

My wife hates clutter.  She also hates getting rid of stuff so the solution to the clutter problem is just to buy more shelves for the stuff we don't need. My home is starting to look more like a warehouse than a home. 

Oh, and apparently I am better at organizing shelves so guess who gets the joy of putting all of this useless stuff on the shelves that I have assembled?

Mine is the opposite.  Every horizontal surface is a challenge to see how much shite she can cram onto it.  Drives me insane.

6 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Mine is the opposite.  Every horizontal surface is a challenge to see how much shite she can cram onto it.  Drives me insane.

Oh, she does that as well.  She just complains about how much clutter there is when she does it. I would point out the irony of it but that wouldn't be a wise move health-wise for me. She also loves a "deal" so whenever she goes to Dollarama or Giant Tiger (two Canadian cheap junk shops) she comes home with a bunch of stuff we don't need.  

38 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Oh, she does that as well.  She just complains about how much clutter there is when she does it. I would point out the irony of it but that wouldn't be a wise move health-wise for me. She also loves a "deal" so whenever she goes to Dollarama or Giant Tiger (two Canadian cheap junk shops) she comes home with a bunch of stuff we don't need.  

F***, another long lost b-i-l.