Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

12 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

This is a constant in our house too.

"You're in a weird mood" , or "What's up with your face"? are regular questions which can turn your mood instantly from calm and peaceful, to utter seethe.

Angela STILL hasn't replied to the message I sent her 6 minutes ago, but she's active on Facebook so she must have got it, the cow . Laura is going for lunch with her in-laws today but she can see it far enough . The joiner still hasn't come back to finish the woman at number 34s decking.

Does any man feign interest in this sort of inane shite? Do they never reach a point with these types of one-sided conversations that they realise they are pointless, mind numbing shite that are better left unsaid?

*Names have been changed to protect the innocent.

"aha..... 

Hmm..... 

Yes, yes...." 

"you're not listening to me are you?" 

"not really" 

SLAM! 

- and peace returns. 

This might seem like an odd one to complain about, but my other half insists that I must have at least half of anything at dinner.  Have you got enough? Do I have more chicken and green pepper than you? You've got one bit less scampi, have one of mine...

The above might be fair enough, but it's now developed into a "I think you've got a few less chips than me, have a couple of mine" level.

9 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

This might seem like an odd one to complain about, but my other half insists that I must have at least half of anything at dinner.  Have you got enough? Do I have more chicken and green pepper than you? You've got one bit less scampi, have one of mine...

The above might be fair enough, but it's now developed into a "I think you've got a few less chips than me, have a couple of mine" level.

I get that too actually, but never thought to complain about it as I am a greedy fat b*****d

Making the tea of late. 

'It's ready', I announce as I'm setting the table and dishing it up. 

'Oh, I fancy some broccoli with it, I'll put some on' , she says, having almost certainly turned some down half an hour previously when asked if she wanted. 

Leaving either me to sit eating on my own while she stands at the stove watching a pan of veg boiling away while her tea goes cold on the table, or she sits down to eat and forgets there's a pan on, leaving it to boil over or to sit uneaten overnight before going in the bin. 

Side moan re setting the table...

- She goes to get (or gets on the way home from work) a takeaway and tells me in advance - table is set, cutlery is out, drink is on the table, we're ready to go as soon as she's through the door. 

- I go to get (or gets on the way home from work) a takeaway and tells her in advance - f**k all is done because she's not looked up from Candy Crush in twenty minutes, and my arrival causes surprised noises as if Michael Aspel has appeared from backstage to surprise Ronnie Corbett to start an episode of This Is Your Life. 

Every. Single. Time. 

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Making the tea of late. 

'It's ready', I announce as I'm setting the table and dishing it up. 

'Oh, I fancy some broccoli with it, I'll put some on' , she says, having almost certainly turned some down half an hour previously when asked if she wanted. 

Leaving either me to sit eating on my own while she stands at the stove watching a pan of veg boiling away while her tea goes cold on the table, or she sits down to eat and forgets there's a pan on, leaving it to boil over or to sit uneaten overnight before going in the bin. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Side moan re setting the table...

- She goes to get (or gets on the way home from work) a takeaway and tells me in advance - table is set, cutlery is out, drink is on the table, we're ready to go as soon as she's through the door. 

- I go to get (or gets on the way home from work) a takeaway and tells her in advance - f**k all is done because she's not looked up from Candy Crush in twenty minutes, and my arrival causes surprised noises as if Michael Aspel has appeared from backstage to surprise Ronnie Corbett to start an episode of This Is Your Life. 

Every. Single. Time. 

The 1st one is out of order but the 2nd one not so much - why would you want to get in the door and sit down to eat immediately?  

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

How long after getting home with a hot takeaway do you leave it before eating it?

I don't normally go for the whole 'eating as soon as you're in the door from work' thing, but this is clearly a different scenario. 

Aye, fair enough - for a take away I'll give you a pass.  I was more thinking about the image of you/your wife sitting at the table, knife and fork in hand ready to pounce the minute the door opens.  

To answer your question though, I'd take a shower and get changed before eating even a take away - I like it piping hot so would need to heat up in any event.  When we order home delivery food now we order early in the day so It's sorted and then eat it according to our feeling rather than the delivery schedule.   It's not like it's cordon bleu food that's  going to suffer if it's heated up anyway.

As I say though, I'm probably an outlier on the take away etiquette. 

Mine has decided that she doesn't want to get the train home from work any more. So I'm picking her up every night which is adding 15/20 minutes onto me getting home. I don't actually mind that too much, but now she's moaning that she's working 10 hours a week above her contracted hours. She knows I finish at least an hour after she does, but is willingly waiting around to get picked up. Totally her call that she's working these extra hours, but still moaning like f**k about it.

Anything to do with her weight is a fucking minefield laid on poison tipped shards of aids infected broken glass and barbed wire. 

She's always been v slim. She's 41 now and lockdown and two weans have led to her putting on a minuscule amount of weight. Other women definitely definitely wish they were as skinny as her. 

Anyway, I noticed a slimming world class is starting in the local area once restrictions lift. She's been complaining about being fat (she isn't) and her clothes not fitting her anymore (they do) and all that usual shit. Yes she's put on a tiny tiny bit of weight but it's genuinely not much at all. Half a stone absolute maximum. 

Anyway, simply sent her a WhatsApp pointing out that class was starting again (she'd actually been previously to shift some baby weight (again, definitely the thinnest person there). 

I'll let you lads guess how well that went down. 

22 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Anything to do with her weight is a fucking minefield laid on poison tipped shards of aids infected broken glass and barbed wire. 

She's always been v slim. She's 41 now and lockdown and two weans have led to her putting on a minuscule amount of weight. Other women definitely definitely wish they were as skinny as her. 

Anyway, I noticed a slimming world class is starting in the local area once restrictions lift. She's been complaining about being fat (she isn't) and her clothes not fitting her anymore (they do) and all that usual shit. Yes she's put on a tiny tiny bit of weight but it's genuinely not much at all. Half a stone absolute maximum. 

Anyway, simply sent her a WhatsApp pointing out that class was starting again (she'd actually been previously to shift some baby weight (again, definitely the thinnest person there). 

How long are you married? 

22 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Oh My God Reaction GIF

I'm nightshift this week.....she is working today so arranged for her mother to collect the kids from school and drop them home right away to save me getting up at the back of 2... All good so far!

I wake just before 3 needing the loo, sort myself and think 'kids will be home soon'....
gets to 25 past and I'm just messaging the wife to ask if plans had changed when I hear the front door open.
Shout "hello" and find it's the wife....
Me: where are the kids?
OH: my mum said she would keep them so you could sleep.
Me: I'd be asleep now if I'd known....
OH: you should have messaged me...

The real kicker is its after half 5 and the kids still aren't here but I couldn't get back to sleep.

7 hours ago, hk blues said:

To answer your question though, I'd take a shower and get changed before eating even a take away - I like it piping hot so would need to heat up in any event.  When we order home delivery food now we order early in the day so It's sorted and then eat it according to our feeling rather than the delivery schedule.   It's not like it's cordon bleu food that's  going to suffer if it's heated up anyway.

This is fucking mental!