Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

2 absolute belters from her this week.

Firstly, for context she constantly complains about clutter in the house. Especially the kids stuff, toys etc

Imagine my surprise then when she returns from her grans with a big fuckoff rocking horse, probably from the 80s, that is pretty done, manky and reeks of fags. Not even from the gran, but from the fucking random next door. What the f**k!?

Then tonight, tells one of them to get over to the couch to get their hair done. Bairn refuses, so she looks at me to be disciplinarian. No problem, except in the time iv chastised the wean into going over there, she has decided to phone her gran and no longer wants the wean to get her hair done. Fucking hell.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Firstly, for context she constantly complains about clutter in the house. Especially the kids stuff, toys etc

Imagine my surprise then when she returns from her grans with a big fuckoff rocking horse, probably from the 80s, that is pretty done, manky and reeks of fags. Not even from the gran, but from the fucking random next door. What the f**k!?

Then tonight, tells one of them to get over to the couch to get their hair done. Bairn refuses, so she looks at me to be disciplinarian. No problem, except in the time iv chastised the wean into going over there, she has decided to phone her gran and no longer wants the wean to get her hair done. Fucking hell.

Sounds like a right 'shite-mare'! All the best.

Thank you.

9 hours ago, GTG_03 said:

You actually accepted a facetime call after she sent you to the shop and didn't believe you that there were no salad bowls? 

You poor, broken soul. A lifetime of misery awaits. 

I'm picturing Richard from Keeping Up Appearances. Rolling his eyes and not taking it seriously, while secretly hoping that his wife will someday realise how ridiculous she is.

The whole 'looking at you as the disciplinarian' is something you probably want to talk about together. You've got to back each other up (in front of the kids) but it's weak as f**k if it's just coming from one parent.

When the wean got old enough to start causing trouble, the wife went through a phase where she slipped into her mother's role - apparently the routine there was that her mother would do f**k all disciplining during the day, then reel off a list of misdemeanours to her husband when he walked in the door from work, and would then chase the weans around the house with a belt.

Very quickly put a stop to that shit. No fucking way should anybody be put in the position where their weans fear them coming home.

16 minutes ago, BFTD said:

When the wean got old enough to start causing trouble, the wife went through a phase where she slipped into her mother's role - apparently the routine there was that her mother would do f**k all disciplining during the day, then reel off a list of misdemeanours to her husband when he walked in the door from work, and would then chase the weans around the house with a belt.

Very quickly put a stop to that shit. No fucking way should anybody be put in the position where their weans fear them coming home.

She probably spent too long watching this pish.

(10) Wait till your father gets home (1972) opening titles. - YouTube

53 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

The whole 'looking at you as the disciplinarian' is something you probably want to talk about together. You've got to back each other up (in front of the kids) but it's weak as f**k if it's just coming from one parent.

Spot on. My wife does it too. She needs to learn to give them an effective bollocking. Thing is, I'm actually good at it having been a teacher for so long I can play them like a ukelele, but she's so stubborn to believe that she is just as good as me at everything (I don't believe the same.thing in return - she's much better at me at some shit) she takes a massive fucking huff when I try to give her advice and resorts to her tried and tested methods that have never ever ever worked.

Edited by madwullie

Arsing about this morning while I'm working, she's getting ready to go out for the day. 

Constantly asking if I'm ok, as I'm not engrossed in her mind numbing conversation about her pal making plans with somebody else.

"Are you in a huff"

"No"

"are you sure, you seem like it"

"No, I'm busy"

"You sound huffy"

"I'm working"

"why are you in a huff"

"I'm not"

"someones huffy"

"I fucking am now, piss off"

1 hour ago, deej said:

Arsing about this morning while I'm working, she's getting ready to go out for the day. 

Constantly asking if I'm ok, as I'm not engrossed in her mind numbing conversation about her pal making plans with somebody else.

"Are you in a huff"

"No"

"are you sure, you seem like it"

"No, I'm busy"

"You sound huffy"

"I'm working"

"why are you in a huff"

"I'm not"

"someones huffy"

"I fucking am now, piss off"

This is a constant in our house too.

"You're in a weird mood" , or "What's up with your face"? are regular questions which can turn your mood instantly from calm and peaceful, to utter seethe.

Angela STILL hasn't replied to the message I sent her 6 minutes ago, but she's active on Facebook so she must have got it, the cow . Laura is going for lunch with her in-laws today but she can see it far enough . The joiner still hasn't come back to finish the woman at number 34s decking.

Does any man feign interest in this sort of inane shite? Do they never reach a point with these types of one-sided conversations that they realise they are pointless, mind numbing shite that are better left unsaid?

*Names have been changed to protect the innocent.

Me at about midday: Shall I get he bairn from school at 3?

It: Yes please

Me: ok I'll definitely get her and come home. No need to check with me as Im in a meeting until 3.

It: Ok

Tick tock tick tock.

It: 2.30-2.58pm: 400 WhatsApp messages saying "Are you still getting the bairn".

It: 2.59: Right Im going to have to leave to go and get her.

Me: 3.00: I said Im getting her nothing changed.

It: Ok. 

6 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Me at about midday: Shall I get he bairn from school at 3?

It: Yes please

Me: ok I'll definitely get her and come home. No need to check with me as Im in a meeting until 3.

It: Ok

Tick tock tick tock.

It: 2.30-2.58pm: 400 WhatsApp messages saying "Are you still getting the bairn".

It: 2.59: Right Im going to have to leave to go and get her.

Me: 3.00: I said Im getting her nothing changed.

It: Ok. 

To be fair, how can you get the wean at 3 if you're in a meeting until then?

3 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

To be fair, how can you get the wean at 3 if you're in a meeting until then?

He must live right next to the school.

I always leave to pick my wee man after the bell has gone.