Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

For years we've had a system that works perfectly well. Dirty laundry gets chucked in the corner of the landing, if you head downstairs past a pile take it with you and stick it either in the washing basket or the machine. Washing that comes in off the line or out of the dryer goes into a big blue IKEA bag so if one of us gets in from work or wherever and there's an IKEA bag full of clothes you know it's ready to get put away/into the ironing basket. Well Mrs P has recently decided to start leaving dirty laundry lying about in these blue bags and then went off on one at me last week because I'd put it all away! Doesn't exactly help that to her something is 'dirty' if it's been worn for 10 minutes (ie kids chuck a hoody on to run out to the ice cream van goes in the wash etc) so a bag of dirty washing can look and smell just as fresh as something just out the dryer.

1 hour ago, JamesP_81 said:

For years we've had a system that works perfectly well.

Likewise, the wife and I have perfected a system for laundry that has never let us down over the years.

She deals with the whole process from start to finish.  

8 minutes ago, Funky Nosejob said:

Her inability, or perhaps resistance, to accept that a freezer is a finite space.

Batch cooking and freezing four weeks’ worth of kids’ lunches two days before the online grocery order arrives messages arrive is never going to end well.

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:
1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

online grocery order arrives messages

During our first self-catering holiday abroad together, Mrs. Nosejob enquired as to what was written on a notepad beside the telephone. I informed her it was “The Messages”.

There then followed a conversation of confusion as she couldn’t understand how there could be messages when no one knew our telephone number. I assumed that everyone knew what “messages” were and asked her why she thought we needed the telephone for messages. And so it went on for over 5 minutes.

See also “a skelf” and “a side shed”.

For years we've had a system that works perfectly well. Dirty laundry gets chucked in the corner of the landing, if you head downstairs past a pile take it with you and stick it either in the washing basket or the machine. Washing that comes in off the line or out of the dryer goes into a big blue IKEA bag so if one of us gets in from work or wherever and there's an IKEA bag full of clothes you know it's ready to get put away/into the ironing basket. Well Mrs P has recently decided to start leaving dirty laundry lying about in these blue bags and then went off on one at me last week because I'd put it all away! Doesn't exactly help that to her something is 'dirty' if it's been worn for 10 minutes (ie kids chuck a hoody on to run out to the ice cream van goes in the wash etc) so a bag of dirty washing can look and smell just as fresh as something just out the dryer.
Mines does the classic "if you're putting a washing on can you put this in" before almost filling the thing then expecting me to hang it up when it's done.

Her "you didn't put my clothes in the wash did you!?!? 

Me " yes, why? "

Her " don't ever do that again!!! You'll ruin them and probably put a top that's meant to go on a wool setting on a cotton setting"

Me "ok you psycho, but I am able to read clothing labels for when they go in the washing machine" 

Few days later.... 

Her "oh no *X, Y and Z clothes* haven't been washed, what am I going to wear to work? Why did you not wash my clothes when you put yours in the machine?!?!" 

😤

14 minutes ago, Left Back said:

everything gets fired in at 40 degrees when I empty the washing basket.

never read a clothing label in my puff.

We have an intricate JUMPER or WHITE or ANYTHING ELSE system and it works quite well. 

The wife lost her wallet, containing our entire supply of cash for the trip, at Phoenix Zoo a few years back. God bless Americans - someone handed it in within half an hour, and the gift shop guy commented on the amount of cash inside when handing it back, so that's at least two people who could've made off with a nice weekend's coke & hooker money, but didn't.

I didn't realise until just now that it was basically my fault, wasn't it.

25 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Same here. I have a gleek at them for tumble drier purposes, though.

23 minutes ago, Left Back said:

This works for 99% of clothes, and frankly when it doesn’t then it’s just nature’s way of saying that the ruined garment should have never been bought.

Yup, I too fire everything in at 40 degrees on the same cycle. Fortunately I don't have anything white (not a fan of any white clothing) or any female garments to consider.

13 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

This works for 99% of clothes, and frankly when it doesn’t then it’s just nature’s way of saying that the ruined garment should have never been bought.

Absolutely.  If Mrs. Back has anything that falls outside of the 40 degree parameter she shouldn’t be putting it in the washing basket.  Same for putting whites in the darks basket.  Darwins way of saying that garment doesn’t deserve to live.

10 hours ago, Funky Nosejob said:

Her inability, or perhaps resistance, to accept that a freezer is a finite space.

Mrs Ranter suffers the same with wardrobes. She seems to think that they'll expand to accommodate the amount of new clothes she adds in, without throwing anything away.

41 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Underwear........go in the tumbler.  

I'll drink to that! 😉