Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

20 hours ago, mathematics said:

Pete that’s eerily similar to Mrs Mathematics putting Glasgow as the city in her address, because “bishopbriggs isn’t a city”.

I was discussing the various things that were opening up in West Dunbartonshire to my boss yesterday and he said "How is all that stuff opening up when Glasgow is still in level 3?", when I informed him that West Dunbartonshire was not part of Glasgow his reply was "How? It's got a G post code". 

It would appear nobody in Scotland actually knows where the f**k they're from. 

19 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I was discussing the various things that were opening up in West Dunbartonshire to my boss yesterday and he said "How is all that stuff opening up when Glasgow is still in level 3?", when I informed him that West Dunbartonshire was not part of Glasgow his reply was "How? It's got a G post code". 

It would appear nobody in Scotland actually knows where the f**k they're from. 

Helensburgh has a G postcode. Oban has a Paisley Postcode! We can't take any useful geographical info from them.

1 minute ago, Sweet Pete said:

Helensburgh has a G postcode. Oban has a Paisley Postcode! We can't take any useful geographical info from them.

I thought everybody knew this, apparently my 50 year old boss didn't and thinks anywhere with a G post code is Glasgow. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I thought everybody knew this, apparently my 50 year old boss didn't and thinks anywhere with a G post code is Glasgow. 

Everywhere in Northen Ireland has a BT postcode. However, nobody that I know thinks they live in Belfast (apart from the ones I know that do live in Belfast, of course).

To be fair, although Vale of Leven refers to the whole area, locally, when people say "the vale" it almost always means Alexandria, or even Alexandria town centre. If you say to someone you'll meet them in the Vale it means alexandria. People rarely say the Vale of leven even to refer to the whole area or where they're from. It will be Bonhill, Balloch, Renton, alexandria/the Vale etc. 

9 minutes ago, 100kToilets said:

To be fair, although Vale of Leven refers to the whole area, locally, when people say "the vale" it almost always means Alexandria, or even Alexandria town centre. If you say to someone you'll meet them in the Vale it means alexandria. People rarely say the Vale of leven even to refer to the whole area or where they're from. It will be Bonhill, Balloch, Renton, alexandria/the Vale etc. 

My original question which led to all this madness was "why do people call Alexandria the Vale?"

Makes multiple Asos/booho orders with multiple items, multiple times a week. A new delivery literally 2 or 3 times a week. Complains about some aspect or other every single time. 

Popular complaints: "delivery is late, delivery is incomplete, it looked better photoshopped on the skinny model, they've only refunded 6 of the 13 items I've sent back." 

Just stop ordering cheap shite you dont need 11 times a month and guess what? We wouldn't have these fucking problems. 

On 17/05/2021 at 18:40, Sweet Pete said:

I noticed a Pie and Bovril user post on Twitter the other day about Rangers fans trashing the city and him being a proud glaswegian. He's born and bred in East Dunbartonshire, specifically Bishopbriggs. Ripped my knitting so it did. But he's a thistle fan and famous VL so it's no surprise.

Get them named.

I hate seeing folk claiming they live in Glasgow when they are from North Lanarkshire.