Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

Just now, Bairnardo said:

You get him and his Mrs involved if the pie hoofing is ineffective. At that point, she is beyond saving and ought to be patio'd

More than likely the two goth hoors would team up.

Edit: 3 goth hoors. Mathematics as well.

7 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

Alexandria. She basically thinks everything west of Dumbarton is Alexandria until you hit Balloch. Renton? That's Alexandria.

I've asked mine this question because shes from reasonably near there (Killearn). Apparently it's all Balloch. Must be a thing that none of them know what the f**k a town is.

ETA: I know Killearn isnt that near these places but when you're from North everything south of Perth is nearby. 

Edited by CountyFan

28 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

I've asked mine this question because shes from reasonably near there (Killearn). Apparently it's all Balloch. Must be a thing that none of them know what the f**k a town is.

ETA: I know Killearn isnt that near these places but when you're from North everything south of Perth is nearby. 

My da is from Tain so everything north of Perth is Tain to me. And the north west doesn't exist.

20 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

Accelerates towards red lights then brakes late. Absolutely baffling and infuriating. And insists that she doesn't. She always has.

Saturday morning we had a full blown row as she insisted that a town near our house isn't called Alexandria, it's actually called the Vale of Leven she says. On asking her why then would the town signs say "Alexandria" and explaining to her that the whole area is called the Vale of Leven and contains several towns including Alexandria as it's a valley with the river Leven in it she insisted I was wrong. Her evidence? "I've lived here for most of my life". Apparently explaining that this only makes it more incredible that she doesn't know the names of the area and gets them backwards is apparently me being unreasonable. We then went down a whole rabbit hole where she insisted that the neighbouring towns and villages are all parts of Alexandria as well despite all having their own names, that Alexandria is the whole district and the town name signs saying Alexandria are "just to tell you where you are, the town is actually called Vale of Leven". And my online map and wikipedia evidence is wrong as it can be edited. How can you not know where you live or what it's called?

That's jeelyeaters for you.  Show her @Craig the Hunter's profile, it'll blow her mind.

image.png.f07be5330dfad5762cde14a6ac02aa4f.png

17 hours ago, PWL said:

Not very exciting but in keeping with the VoL/Alexandria/VoLH mix ups  - my brother was once interviewed by German customs coming into Munich from Saudi due to having his birthplace as Alexandria.  Thankfully, his German is impeccable so was able to explain that it was Alexandria in the 'Vale rather than Egypt. 

My Dad's work were once doing business with an Egyptian firms.  The Egyptians sent a rep across, who attended the relevant meetings onsite, but just hung about needlessly otherwise.  They sent him down to my Dad's office to pass the time "As he was born in Alexandria".

5 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

That's jeelyeaters for you.  Show her @Craig the Hunter's profile, it'll blow her mind.

image.png.f07be5330dfad5762cde14a6ac02aa4f.png

My Dad's work were once doing business with an Egyptian firms.  The Egyptians sent a rep across, who attended the relevant meetings onsite, but just hung about needlessly otherwise.  They sent him down to my Dad's office to pass the time "As he was born in Alexandria".

I actually think that would (in her mind) confirm her as correct. If she thinks the district is called Alexandria and the town called the Vale of Leven her rationale would be "they called the team after the town" rather than the team having been named after the district, as it actually was. I'm not letting this go. I'm going to order some maps online and leave them dotted around the house conveniently open on the Vale. Knowing her as I do though, it'll all be my fault.

11 hours ago, CountyFan said:

You've spelt "bollocks" wrong.

Expect to be striking a chord here. Mrs B never wants to drive but insists on telling me which lane I should be in. I’ve driven further than her in reverse!

in reverse! 🤣🤣. my mate always says about other drivers he’s spilled more diesel on his boots [emoji23][emoji23]

1 hour ago, Sweet Pete said:

I actually think that would (in her mind) confirm her as correct. If she thinks the district is called Alexandria and the town called the Vale of Leven her rationale would be "they called the team after the town" rather than the team having been named after the district, as it actually was. I'm not letting this go. I'm going to order some maps online and leave them dotted around the house conveniently open on the Vale. Knowing her as I do though, it'll all be my fault.

Get her to explain why the Vale of Leven Hospital is in Alexandria.

NHSGGC : Vale of Leven Hospital

4 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I think Sweet Pete has completed this thread.  

That's insane.

He’s making the classic man-mistake of trying to bring cold, hard facts into a dispute with his better half. That sort of behaviour is only going to make her angry. 

Just now, Rasputin said:

He’s making the classic man-mistake of trying to bring cold, hard facts into a dispute with his better half. That sort of behaviour is only going to make her angry. 

That is EXACTLY what happened. I am now in the hinterland of being desperate to prove that she's actively insane using irrefutable evidence and wanting to avoid doing just that because I know full well the precise argument and blame cycle that will follow.

3 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

That is EXACTLY what happened. I am now in the hinterland of being desperate to prove that she's actively insane using irrefutable evidence and wanting to avoid doing just that because I know full well the precise argument and blame cycle that will follow.

You should just get her some flowers and apologise. Just nod and agree with her in future. 

12 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

I fully expect that at some point in the next few days, you're getting the fucking bollocking of a lifetime for some utterly trivial shit. Leaving the toilet seat up or something. This is the punishment that awaits you.

Just now, KnightswoodBear said:

I fully expect that at some point in the next few days, you're getting the fucking bollocking of a lifetime for some utterly trivial shit. Leaving the toilet seat up or something. This is the punishment that awaits you.

The punishment for asking a genuine question, then presenting her with evidence and expressing surprise at her mistake and then attempting to laught the situation off.

She's still convinced I'm wrong and the town is indeed called Vale of Leven FYI.

Just now, Sweet Pete said:

The punishment for asking a genuine question, then presenting her with evidence and expressing surprise at her mistake and then attempting to laught the situation off.

She's still convinced I'm wrong and the town is indeed called Vale of Leven FYI.

Don't try to understand the logic.  

36 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

My pride and ego won't let me. I hate being correct and being forced to bite my tongue.

Shouldn't get involved with a woman, then.