Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

My wife broke the hinge on the bathroom window yesterday. There would have been some f****** row if I had done that. Never mentioned again. I even told her how to fix it temporaririly at least, and after she'd done so not a word of thanks.

Accelerates towards red lights then brakes late. Absolutely baffling and infuriating. And insists that she doesn't. She always has.

Saturday morning we had a full blown row as she insisted that a town near our house isn't called Alexandria, it's actually called the Vale of Leven she says. On asking her why then would the town signs say "Alexandria" and explaining to her that the whole area is called the Vale of Leven and contains several towns including Alexandria as it's a valley with the river Leven in it she insisted I was wrong. Her evidence? "I've lived here for most of my life". Apparently explaining that this only makes it more incredible that she doesn't know the names of the area and gets them backwards is apparently me being unreasonable. We then went down a whole rabbit hole where she insisted that the neighbouring towns and villages are all parts of Alexandria as well despite all having their own names, that Alexandria is the whole district and the town name signs saying Alexandria are "just to tell you where you are, the town is actually called Vale of Leven". And my online map and wikipedia evidence is wrong as it can be edited. How can you not know where you live or what it's called?

On 15/05/2021 at 23:53, FK1Bairn said:

Our son has the start of a cold. Leaving the house this morning to take him to his football class, she realises we forgot tissues for him and runs back in the house to grab some because "his nose is running like a trooper" 

We genuinely argued over the right word the whole journey there because she's never heard the phrase "running like a river"

She also hadn't heard the word nocturnal until the wee man was talking to her about nocturnal animals 6 weeks ago. She's 40

running like a burn. 

On 09/05/2021 at 13:56, thomas said:

Repeatedly asks if your nervous/ok? what's wrong with you? right before a Scottish Cup semi final

I made the mistake of watching our last play-off match with her. Patronising wee pats on the back and "och it's okay, it's just a game" when I'm annoyed at something. Never again. Watching football matches with people who don't care/understand takes all the fun out of it. 

32 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Accelerates towards red lights then brakes late. Absolutely baffling and infuriating. And insists that she doesn't. She always has.

Saturday morning we had a full blown row as she insisted that a town near our house isn't called Alexandria, it's actually called the Vale of Leven she says. On asking her why then would the town signs say "Alexandria" and explaining to her that the whole area is called the Vale of Leven and contains several towns including Alexandria as it's a valley with the river Leven in it she insisted I was wrong. Her evidence? "I've lived here for most of my life". Apparently explaining that this only makes it more incredible that she doesn't know the names of the area and gets them backwards is apparently me being unreasonable. We then went down a whole rabbit hole where she insisted that the neighbouring towns and villages are all parts of Alexandria as well despite all having their own names, that Alexandria is the whole district and the town name signs saying Alexandria are "just to tell you where you are, the town is actually called Vale of Leven". And my online map and wikipedia evidence is wrong as it can be edited. How can you not know where you live or what it's called?

f**k sake :lol:

The bit in bold is worthy of physical violence. 

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I made the mistake of watching our last play-off match with her. Patronising wee pats on the back and "och it's okay, it's just a game" when I'm annoyed at something. Never again. Watching football matches with people who don't care/understand takes all the fun out of it. 

f**k sake :lol:

The bit in bold is worthy of physical violence. 

I'm honestly still raging. Just typing that out was a graft.

3 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

I'm honestly still raging. Just typing that out was a graft.

I mean, I have heard people say "I'm heading out the Vale" when referring to Alexandria but to deny that the town is called that is baffling stuff. Probably not helped by the hospital being called the Vale of Leven and being in the town.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

I mean, I have heard people say "I'm heading out the Vale" when referring to Alexandria but to deny that the town is called that is baffling stuff. Probably not helped by the hospital being called the Vale of Leven and being in the town.

That's exactly what prompted to conversation. I said "why do you always correct me when I say I'm going to Alexandria and tell me it's the Vale?". And yes the hospital's name was part of her defence. But it's not like the city of Dundee is really called ""Ninewells".

4 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

That's exactly what prompted to conversation. I said "why do you always correct me when I say I'm going to Alexandria and tell me it's the Vale?". And yes the hospital's name was part of her defence. But it's not like the city of Dundee is really called ""Ninewells".

Amazing. I've always suspected those Balloch yins were a few tools short. 

Typing 'Vale of Leven' in to Google throws up numerous sources that back you up, not just on Wikipedia.

Is she seriously suggesting that you have somehow edited them all?

20 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Amazing. I've always suspected those Balloch yins were a few tools short. 

She's from Bonhill originally.

18 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Typing 'Vale of Leven' in to Google throws up numerous sources that back you up, not just on Wikipedia.

Is she seriously suggesting that you have somehow edited them all?

Yes. It's called doubling down. She stormed out the house when I had Alexa recite what the Vale of Leven is.

7 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

She's from Bonhill originally.

Yes. It's called doubling down. She stormed out the house when I had Alexa recite what the Vale of Leven is.

😅

So she thinks you've not only edited Wikipedia (and there are quite a few articles that mention it, such as ones for the football team and hospital), but also that you've edited the website for The Vale of Leven History Project for example?!

You've also somehow hacked Alexa and Google Maps too?!

Edited by DA Baracus

8 minutes ago, deej said:

Our wedding anniversary is tomorrow. She's booked a table for a meal... for someone at her works leaving do. 

I will never let her forget this

So you are getting a night of peace and quiet? Sounds like a fantastic gift tbh.

Just now, PB1994 said:

So you are getting a night of peace and quiet? Sounds like a fantastic gift tbh.

Plus she feels very guilty about it. 

Going to buy a lottery ticket 

19 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

😅

So she thinks you've not only edited Wikipedia (and there are quite a few articles that mention it, such as ones for the football team and hospital), but also that you've edited the website for The Vale of Leven History Project for example?!

You've also somehow hacked Alexa and Google Maps too?!

anger makes people irrational, especially when coupled with a reluctance to admit you're wrong / feel silly.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Sorry, I'm intrigued now, what town does she think Bonhill is part of? :lol:

Alexandria. She basically thinks everything west of Dumbarton is Alexandria until you hit Balloch. Renton? That's Alexandria.