Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

Guest bernardblack
11 hours ago, buchan30 said:

She works nightshifts, so as a result she doesn’t do a lot of tidying when she is on. Consequently, mainly the kitchen isn’t tidy when i finish work. No big deal, I understand that she doesn’t have time between sleeping and work. But i come in, i tidy it etc.
Who i do take umbrage at is her being crabbit on her days off when I haven’t tidied the kitchen (yet) because i was watching the football.

That’s on the greatest hits in my house. 

Her on a Saturday when she doesn’t want to clean: “ah it’s Saturday let’s not waste the day off cleaning”

Her on a Saturday when I don’t want to clean: “the house is a mess and I can’t believe you’re not helping”

Here's a solution to keeping the kitchen tidy:

Tidy it up as you go along instead of leaving half filled coffee cups, dirty plates lying about, sugar all over the worktop which you have somehow managed to not get into a cup despite you being a fucking 49 year old human and generally wiping up something you've spilled on the floor at the time.

Thank you for listening.

Good day.

1 hour ago, mac.i said:
1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:
Playing the pregnancy card a little too often for my liking now.

It's only just beginning..... when you are back at work and she's home on mat leave you'll be getting "it's alright for you, you can go to work".....

wait until you are back at work and she is watching the kid, you come home to a shit tip and you are treated like getting to go to work is some sort of holiday. 

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Tidy it up as you go along instead of leaving half filled coffee cups, dirty plates lying about, sugar all over the worktop which you have somehow managed to not get into a cup despite you being a fucking 49 year old human and generally wiping up something you've spilled on the floor at the time.

Thank you for listening.

Good day.

We had a ruckus cos I pulled her up for not doin this. 

She was decent for about 3 days after

wait until you are back at work and she is watching the kid, you come home to a shit tip and you are treated like getting to go to work is some sort of holiday. 
Aye. Going to work is a holiday untill she starts back after mat leave.

7 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Thank you for listening.

Good day.

You should come and live with us. Total zero tolerance of any form of mess or grime and we have a cleaner too. 

Genuinely not sure if what I think happened just happened there.....

She is on the phone, I sneezed, and whilst doing so, she put her hand out and clicked her fingers. My suspsicions are to tell me to shoosh....

Borderline furious here.

Will fight anyone (but not her, the cow)

She is on the phone, I sneezed, and whilst doing so, she put her hand out and clicked her fingers. My suspsicions are to tell me to shoosh....

Borderline furious here.

That's fucking brilliant. Imagine if you did that to her

Heading off to Western Isles for a week away tomorrow. I've just spent 15 minutes getting my case packed. Mrs SL started packing just after 6. Just popped upstairs to see what's going on. She's repacking, bed covered in her clothes and no sign of being finished any time soon. For a week away. Seemingly asking if she wanted another suitcase was the wrong thing to say. It'll be a fine journey tomorrow, then.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Borderline furious here.

Earlier she asked me the time. Same time the wean ran over to me so I picked her up and was playing with her. (Making noises and tickling her etc)

Next thing I hear "JAMES... TIME!?".

I was fucking furious tae. Told her to chase herself. reminded her we have and Alexa and a Google hub thing that you can ask the time and she never as her phone out her hand.

arsehole.

33 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Heading off to Western Isles for a week away tomorrow. I've just spent 15 minutes getting my case packed. Mrs SL started packing just after 6. Just popped upstairs to see what's going on. She's repacking, bed covered in her clothes and no sign of being finished any time soon. For a week away. Seemingly asking if she wanted another suitcase was the wrong thing to say. It'll be a fine journey tomorrow, then.

Wtf is it with women and packing? 

We're off all the way to glorious Troon for an overnight tomorrow, and the usual carnage that is about to ensue upstairs whilst she packs is beyond belief. 

I will have the clothes I wear to travel in, a change to go for dinner, and jeans and t shirt for travelling back home on Saturday (via a couple of pubs in town with any luck). My packing will take around 20 mins tops, including ironing. 

She will probably pack 3 different outfits with associated shoes, jewellery/accessories to suit the weather and her mood. There will also be a couple of options for the return journey. About an hour will be spent in a rage because she can't find one of said shoes. Then tomorrow when we walk from Queen Street to Central to change trains, she will, without doubt, have to visit several shops to find some nondescript item that she's forgot to pack. 

Relaxing break my arse. I will be a seething mess before we leave the fkn house. 

Guest bernardblack
16 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Earlier she asked me the time. Same time the wean ran over to me so I picked her up and was playing with her. (Making noises and tickling her etc)

I was fucking furious tae. Told her to chase herself. reminded her we have and Alexa and a Google hub thing that you can ask the time and she never as her phone out her hand.

arsehole.

Oh you’ve got a guaranteed “don’t speak to me like that JAMES”  after you reply to her in a completely normal manner, coming up before bed

18 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

arsehole.

I read this and thought of this gif

Bustle | Ryan gosling, Crazy stupid love, Anti feminist

Guest bernardblack

Does anyone else significant other ever remember something incorrectly, but then be utterly convinced they’re right?

Dont get me wrong, usually they’re right as a cliche but the following occurred last night whilst watching Liverpool:

Me: “still can’t believe we stumbled into a Liverpool supporters club in Berlin, that Sunday”

Her: “that was a Saturday”

Me: “nah it was definitely a Sunday” (assuming it being about football, that it would end there)

Her: “nah you’re wrong it was a Saturday cause we’d been to checkpoint Charlie before the game”

Me: “Checkpoint Charlie was the Saturday...look never mind”

2 hours later....

Her: “ah I’ve checked FaceBook and it was the Sunday

Piss boiled. 

1 hour ago, bernardblack said:

Does anyone else significant other ever remember something incorrectly, but then be utterly convinced they’re right?

Dont get me wrong, usually they’re right as a cliche but the following occurred last night whilst watching Liverpool:

Me: “still can’t believe we stumbled into a Liverpool supporters club in Berlin, that Sunday”

Me: “nah it was definitely a Sunday” (assuming it being about football, that it would end there)

Her: “nah you’re wrong it was a Saturday cause we’d been to checkpoint Charlie before the game”

2 hours later....

Piss boiled. 

This happens constantly, but genuinely she’s wrong 95% of the time. Never once admits it though, whereas the 5% of the time that she’s right the evidence is shoved in your face as if it’s a big win she’s got over you.

2 hours ago, bernardblack said:

2 hours later....

Piss boiled. 

Mine said in front of friends that I'd taken a trolley through the emergency exit at Aldi. f**k knows what she says when I'm not there.