Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

4 hours ago, philpy said:

Last night - "leave the grill to cool down, I'll clean it tonight or first thing tommorow". Guess what I found when I came in from work?? Unreal.

IMG_20210423_173442.jpg

Tin foil my friend .just leave a gap at the bottom so the fat runs into the catcher .no mess no problem. Though my Mrs still does what you'rs does.

5 hours ago, philpy said:

Last night - "leave the grill to cool down, I'll clean it tonight or first thing tommorow". Guess what I found when I came in from work?? Unreal.

IMG_20210423_173442.jpg

17 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Tin foil my friend .just leave a gap at the bottom so the fat runs into the catcher .no mess no problem. Though my Mrs still does what you'rs does.

https://www.google.com/search?q=using+aluminium+foil+with+a+foreman+grill&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB926GB926&oq=using+aluminium+foil+with+a+foreman+grill&aqs=chrome..69i57j33i22i29i30l2.22088j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#kpvalbx=_R0ODYPXIKtKU1fAPmIGrqA014

12 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’m 26, and have never been capable of jumping out of bed when the alarm goes off. It’s nonsense to suggest it’s possible for everyone because it’s easy for you to do. You even mention that you wake up naturally 5 mins before your alarm anyway, so there’s absolutely no ‘shock’ to your body. 

The worst thing about my 90min snoozathon is that I have a wonderfully expensive alarm clock that gently wakes me with a fancy light and stuff. I don't get the shock to my body. I just overestimate how much I want to wake up at 6am instead of 7.30am. 

18 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I'm not sure I'd put "standing up in the morning" on the same level of struggle as depression, but I accept your point. 

I don't. Pressing snooze is a habit which can be broken. Claiming it is an impossibility to do so is justifying behaviour. 

As for the depression comparison...

image.png.ba58e9eab9a6b268668dbbcf6040e48c.png

My wife has a serious aversion to Mayonnaise, Salad Cream, Aioli and other similar condiments. It's not quite a phobia as she calls it, but she absolutely will not eat the stuff, will not allow it in the house, and even turns her head and looks the opposite direction when walking down that aisle in the supermarket... 

This "phobia" in itself is a little annoying as I enjoy some garlic or peri-peri mayo as much as the next guy, and not being able to keep any in the fridge isn't ideal.

However, what really annoys me is her inability to mention this "phobia" when ordering food from a cafe or restaurant. So many times we've been eating out in a nice restaurant and she's had to send a plate back because it's had some mayo-like "emulsion" or some such shite on it. When this inevitably happens she blames the restaurant for not mentioning this ingredient explicitly on the menu. The first time it happened I probably agreed with her, but every single time since I have not. She still acts shocked, angry and annoyed whenever this happens as if its the first time. Every single time I will ask her why she didn't just say at the time of ordering that she doesn't like or is allergic to mayo, and every single time she'll go in a huff at me for "taking the restaurant's side" over hers...

21 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’m 26, and have never been capable of jumping out of bed when the alarm goes off. It’s nonsense to suggest it’s possible for everyone because it’s easy for you to do. You even mention that you wake up naturally 5 mins before your alarm anyway, so there’s absolutely no ‘shock’ to your body. 

I always assumed you were middle aged!

I'm doing a bit of work in the garden today which basically just involves laying a few slabs. I can guarantee she'll be in my ear every 5 minutes trying to "project manage" as if it's an episode of fucking Ground Force.

I'm doing a bit of work in the garden today which basically just involves laying a few slabs. I can guarantee she'll be in my ear every 5 minutes trying to "project manage" as if it's an episode of fucking Ground Force.
Tell her to project manage the temperature and supply flow of the lager

1 hour ago, Ron Aldo said:

49C47640-2DF2-4431-9EB3-DE94144E0F16.jpeg.dcc77520ac5c46e552a452ccbe8d954e.jpeg

Guest bernardblack

General timekeeping/leaving things to the last minute. 

Had some relatives visiting today to sit in the garden and we literally did nothing all morning....head to the supermarket at 1215 and suddenly Mrs BB is stressed and goes “I can’t believe how busy this is...the family will be here at 1230”

Me questioning why we were in the supermarket at 1215...having done nothing all morning, when they were arriving at 1230 was met with a “well I didn’t know the supermarket would be this busy”

Insanity