Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

Unrealistic alarm calls. 

All this week, and on many occasions before she's gone on about how much she has to do the next day, and how early she'll need to be up. Cue the alarm going off at 06.00, only for her to proclaim how she really is busy but too exhausted to actually fucking get up, before resetting the bloody thing for her usual 08.00 and promptly falling back asleep. 

I've been on the late backshift, so by the time I get in and have a quick bite to eat and unwind its between 1-2am  before I go to bed. I am also a hellish light sleeper, so this fucking charade leaves me lying awake, seething, every time. Silly bint. 

Mine does that too.  Or more, sets maybe 5 pr 6 alarms in 5 or 10 minute intervals until it's time to get up.  It's like do you not realise I can fucking hear them and are getting woken up by them too?  What's wrong with setting one alarm for the time you want to be woken up at?  Like people with actual working brains do.

14 hours ago, coprolite said:

We now have 4 open packets of spaghetti in the cupboard, each half used. 

Fuming

My son is guilty of that kind of stuff - the wife buys Oreos in mini-packs (it's a Filipino thing!) and he eats 2 of the 3 biscuits and then puts the one back.  We have a box with a load of Oreos that have gone soft.  

11 minutes ago, Pato said:

As a solution to this may I suggest having kids

Been there, done that. My daughter, like her mother was a pain in the arse in the mornings too. Her snooze alarm would go off every 10 mins in the next room until it reached the point of me banging the wall and yelling at her to get the fcuk up. 

T'was a great day when she moved out to flatshare with her friends. Alas, her mother's morning madness still persists. Fecking wimmin'. 

As someone else saud a few pages back, I find myself doing more of the 'women' stuff on here than my Mrs. I'm the messiest of the two of us and I'm definitely a 'snoozer'. My Mrs sets her alarm and is up immediately. That for me is mental behaviour, I need the snooze.

Mine makes a big fuss about not being up by a certain time, but then manages to find an extra 15-20 mins or so without issue whenever she's in a particular morning mood.   I'll leave that open to interpretation.

18 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

As someone else saud a few pages back, I find myself doing more of the 'women' stuff on here than my Mrs. I'm the messiest of the two of us and I'm definitely a 'snoozer'. My Mrs sets her alarm and is up immediately. That for me is mental behaviour, I need the snooze.

Nah, I'm one of those unfortunates who sleep very lightly. Even if my alarm is set for a 03.00am rise, for a 04.00am start at work, there's a high chance I'll be awake and switch it off before it even sounds, leaving the mrs in blissful slumber unlike when it's the other way round and she's up first. 

52 minutes ago, hk blues said:

My son is guilty of that kind of stuff - the wife buys Oreos in mini-packs (it's a Filipino thing!) and he eats 2 of the 3 biscuits and then puts the one back.  We have a box with a load of Oreos that have gone soft.  

Oreos are rank. The budweiser of biscuits. 

I've had a rage tidy of the cupboards this morning (slamming down tins, muttering, long exaggerated sighs) and found three open packets of stuffing mix and five open packs of gravy granules. 

That's before i get started on big pans stacked on little pans and round tubs in rectangular tubs. 

Get those Oreos in the bin. 

Nah, I'm one of those unfortunates who sleep very lightly. Even if my alarm is set for a 03.00am rise, for a 04.00am start at work, there's a high chance I'll be awake and switch it off before it even sounds, leaving the mrs in blissful slumber unlike when it's the other way round and she's up first. 
I don't know if I envy or pity you. I'd love to be able to wake up before my alarm/bounce out of bed in the morning but I do enjoy that I'm a deep sleeper. The one drawback to my personal deep sleeping is that is usually comes with pretty bad night terrors.

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
17 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

I don't know if I envy or pity you. I'd love to be able to wake up before my alarm/bounce out of bed in the morning but I do enjoy that I'm a deep sleeper. The one drawback to my personal deep sleeping is that is usually comes with pretty bad night terrors.

Err on the side of pity mate, the added frustration when you can't sleep just makes it worse. I'd kill for a sound sleep sometimes. f**k that night terrors shit though, I don't fancy that carry on at all. 

Err on the side of pity mate, the added frustration when you can't sleep just makes it worse. I'd kill for a sound sleep sometimes. f**k that night terrors shit though, I don't fancy that carry on at all. 
Aw tbf they're a great laugh if you enjoy being in an actual living nightmare.

20 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Oreos are rank. The budweiser of biscuits. 

I've had a rage tidy of the cupboards this morning (slamming down tins, muttering, long exaggerated sighs) and found three open packets of stuffing mix and five open packs of gravy granules. 

That's before i get started on big pans stacked on little pans and round tubs in rectangular tubs. 

Get those Oreos in the bin. 

I concur but my son's a big fan - not big enough a fan to finish the pack admittedly.  

2 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

Unrealistic alarm calls. 

All this week, and on many occasions before she's gone on about how much she has to do the next day, and how early she'll need to be up. Cue the alarm going off at 06.00, only for her to proclaim how she really is busy but too exhausted to actually fucking get up, before resetting the bloody thing for her usual 08.00 and promptly falling back asleep. 

I've been on the late backshift, so by the time I get in and have a quick bite to eat and unwind its between 1-2am  before I go to bed. I am also a hellish light sleeper, so this fucking charade leaves me lying awake, seething, every time. Silly bint. 

My wife is a serial snoozer. No matter how often I tell her how fucking bad mannered it is she still does it. 

If she NEEDS to get up at half 7 she'll be 5 minute snoozing from about 6:50.

Does my fucking head in, and to make matters worse, when she's ultimately late (as she always is) the blame is placed squarely on the boys (5 and 8 ) for not getting themselves ready in time (they're young fucking kids) or me, for some made up shit that only exists to make her feel like she's not to blame for being late. 

Absolutely infuriating. I can only really think of wiping your arse on someone's toothbrush as being more ignorant than forcing someone else to listen to you snooze your alarm for 40 minutes every fucking day 😡 

Edited by madwullie

Guest bernardblack
6 minutes ago, madwullie said:

My wife is a serial snoozer. No matter how often I tell her how fucking bad mannered it is she still does it. 

If she NEEDS to get up at half 7 she'll be 5 minute snoozing from about 6:50.

Does my fucking head in, and to make matters worse, when she's ultimately late (as she always is) the blame is placed squarely on the boys (5 and 8 ) for not getting themselves ready in time (they're young fucking kids) or me, for some made up shit that only exists to make her feel like she's not to blame for being late. 

Absolutely infuriating. I can only really think of wiping your arse on someone's toothbrush as being more ignorant than forcing someone else to listen to you snooze your alarm for 40 minutes every fucking day 😡 

Mrs BB is a snoozer too, it’s so annoying. 
Yet, on the odd occasion, when I set the alarm for 6am to get out for a run or a cycle I get the “make sure you’re quiet when you’re getting out of bed” 

Absolute madness considering she has 4/5 alarms going off (daily) when I’m still trying to sleep. 

38 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I tried a rage tidy a few weeks ago of the pots n pans space. She has shite like Tupperware lids with no box or Tupperware that hasn't been used in about 4 years.

I had it all out and tidy when she asked what I was doing, I told her and asked what bin would be best suited for the stuff I was chucking and she wanted to keep 4/5 of the shite.  I just fucked it all back into the cupboard. First time she moans about it I am ready to tell her to chase herself. 

4 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I tried a rage tidy a few weeks ago of the pots n pans space. She has shite like Tupperware lids with no box or Tupperware that hasn't been used in about 4 years.

I had it all out and tidy when she asked what I was doing, I told her and asked what bin would be best suited for the stuff I was chucking and she wanted to keep 4/5 of the shite.  I just fucked it all back into the cupboard. First time she moans about it I am ready to tell her to chase herself. 

I'm lucky with mine.  We were in Hong Kong before where it's impossible to keep anything you don't need due to space restrictions.  We have a clean out every 3 months or so here so no shite survives.  Even the son's kiddie clothes and toys are sent off to various  relatives once he outgrows them.