Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

The usual, seemingly ubiquitous issue again today. Sunday is cleaning day in Baxters Manor. This occurs in the morning and duties are allocated fairly based on skill sets. One such duty of Mrs. B is kitchen cleaning which includes a right scrub and polish of the cooker hob. Unfortunately, Sunday is also a cooking day. You'll have guessed where I'm going with this.

Greek lamb chops for me today. She is veggie so it was just for me. Hence I set the marinaded chops into a medium high pan, taking care to render the fat first. After they are in the pan, the spit guard is placed on top. Imagine the reaction when she came through to see some spots of oils on the hob. Raised voices ensued as I pointed out that I had every intention of cleaning up fully after eating only to be told that I don't do it right. She got handed the scourer sponge and told her it will be Deliveroo for me every Sunday from now on.

This has been covered a million times but the timing and way she looked at me had me fucking beeling for a brief second. 

Line of duty last night. We watched the full episode just about with little or no issue.

We've been watching about an hour so obviously we're nearing the end.
As Hasting is presented with the file at the end by Arnott and they are discussing the ins and outs of what they have discovered, heading to the crescendo of the episode for some unknown fucking reason she starts chatting. Now I can't even mind what she said, it could have been a question about the show or it most likely was something random. I let out a massive "SHHHHHH!" and I could see her out the side of my eye  glaring at me and looking mad. 

I asked her to repeat what she said after but she said it didn't matter. Nothing more was said on this but what the fucking hell is going through her head? She was watching also she surely knows what was happening at that point also!?

I had a virtual stag do for one of my mates on Saturday.   Whiskey tasting and games etc over Zoom.  It's been planned for weeks and I of course have mentioned it to my wife on numerous occasions.  

"You could go meet your sister?" (in our bubble)
"you could go round to a pals and sit in the garden?"
"you could go for a walk with your pal"

Constantly gave her ideas and things she could do.  Saturday comes round and she's nothing organised and is moaning that Saturday will just be her sitting watching TV alone as she's nothing planned. Meant I had to sit in the kitchen on an uncomfy as hell chair for hours (granted it's better for getting the next beer).

Is it just a guy thing that as soon as the other half mentions plans that we immediately have our day all planned out?  If she was going to be sitting on Zoom for 10 hours drinking I'd give her peace and go out.  Mainly as I don't want to hear that chat.

New bed day today [emoji16][emoji16]

I'm merrily removing the last of the crap from under the bed in preparation for dismantling it..... Whilst she is loading the top up with stuff so she can "sort" it.

After complaining I was wasting time as we had "loads to do" when I opened the box with my shoes to have a quick glance and see what, if any, are surplus to requirements.

3 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Is it just a guy thing that as soon as the other half mentions plans that we immediately have our day all planned out?  If she was going to be sitting on Zoom for 10 hours drinking I'd give her peace and go out.  Mainly as I don't want to hear that chat.

Mines the same. She'll mention she's going for a walk with her pal, meeting someone for coffee, going for a swim etc. Each time my instinct is "cool, I'll get time to play FIFA, watch sports or something". I mention possibly going for a game of golf at the weekend.

"Oh I thought we could do something together" 

"OK, what do you want to do"

"Never mind I'll find  something to do by myself if you're wanting to go off and play golf without me"

Guest bernardblack
3 hours ago, deej said:

Mines the same. She'll mention she's going for a walk with her pal, meeting someone for coffee, going for a swim etc. Each time my instinct is "cool, I'll get time to play FIFA, watch sports or something". I mention possibly going for a game of golf at the weekend.

"Oh I thought we could do something together" 

"OK, what do you want to do"

"Never mind I'll find  something to do by myself if you're wanting to go off and play golf without me"

You should play 72 holes 

27 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Left approximately 14ml of tropical breakfast juice in the 1l carton and went to the trouble of putting the lid back on and putting it back in the fridge. 

This is so that when she is asked the extremely reasonable question as to why she hasn't replaced the juice she can say that there was still some left. The only solution is to smother her in her sleep.

13 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

This is so that when she is asked the extremely reasonable question as to why she hasn't replaced the juice she can say that there was still some left. The only solution is to smother her in her sleep.

Sounds a bit humane, i'll let her wake up a bit first. 

53 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Left approximately 14ml of tropical breakfast juice in the 1l carton and went to the trouble of putting the lid back on and putting it back in the fridge. 

This, but with the milk.

On 12/04/2021 at 09:27, Busta Nut said:

asked her to repeat what she said after but she said it didn't matter. Nothing more was said on this but what the fucking hell is going through her head? She was watching also she surely knows what was happening at that point also!?

I reckon her brain had filled up with information and the chat is the overflow. 

Before the next episode, let her chat about shite for about 10 mins to create enough space for the episode.

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I reckon her brain had filled up with information and the chat is the overflow. 

Before the next episode, let her chat about shite for about 10 mins to create enough space for the episode.

image.jpeg.584d31a93744218fa111c6cfb7868f2b.jpeg

Bought a new couch. The act of sitting on it makes it sag a bit behind where your back is. This means every night before bed she has to go through a palava of flipping the cushions and hammering then as hard as she can, before fluffing then up and putting them back in position. If we don't it won't look new anymore. I made the mistake of asking if this is just while it's new, or will this have to be done for the lifetime of the couch. Wrong question, but the answer is lifetime of the couch. 

Each batter of the couch is clearly punctuated with extra rage because I find it a pointless farce so don't join in - but of course whenever I have decided to help with this baffling process, I "don't do it right". 

🤷‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, beesher said:

We have varying ideas of what constitutes barbecue weather.

My wife wants to have one on Saturday with the forecast being 12 degrees and cloudy.  I think this is a mad idea.

Who is wrong?

You.  It's best to start with that premise in all situations.

Guest bernardblack
8 hours ago, madwullie said:

Bought a new couch. The act of sitting on it makes it sag a bit behind where your back is. This means every night before bed she has to go through a palava of flipping the cushions and hammering then as hard as she can, before fluffing then up and putting them back in position. If we don't it won't look new anymore. I made the mistake of asking if this is just while it's new, or will this have to be done for the lifetime of the couch. Wrong question, but the answer is lifetime of the couch. 

Each batter of the couch is clearly punctuated with extra rage because I find it a pointless farce so don't join in - but of course whenever I have decided to help with this baffling process, I "don't do it right". 

🤷‍♂️

This 1000000 times this. 

“You’ve not done that right”

I don’t understand how it’s possible to be done incorrectly 

7 hours ago, madwullie said:

🤷‍♂️

I feel your pain.

Every single night the couch must be put back into showroom condition.