Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

On 08/04/2021 at 11:01, Cyclizine said:

Don't get me started on this. She just leaves them in the sink. They'd be left indefinitely if I didn't fish them out.

Her logic is the teabags are too hot for the food waste bucket when you take them straight out of the mug so they need to cool down first. Apparently this means leaving them in the sink forever.

What? I've yet to burn a hole in the liner, let alone the caddy.

On 08/04/2021 at 11:38, BFTD said:

When I was wee, my old man used to leave teabags in the sink, and would fish them out later to make a second cup.

I was relieved to see that his second wife seemed to cure him of this abhorrent behaviour.

I was in digs with a chap who was, among other things, the tea boy on site for Enterprise Ulster. (A scheme for getting workshy skivers chronic unemployed back to work.)

He used to dry the teabags out and re-use them. Not sure what benefit this was to him, as I'm sure the cost of the teabags wasn't coming out of his pocket. However, he had lived through the Depression, so maybe he was just frugal. 

Edited by Jacksgranda
Typo

20 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

Despite what they say, women know absolutely nothing aboit cars.

A few years ago my other half had a Corsa which, in all honesty, was a heap of shit from day one. She was giving me a lift somewhere in the middle of winter and it was freezing outside. We'd been in the car for a good while and despite having the heating on full blast (windows still up) it was blowing out cold air. I pointed this out and she replied with some confidence that it was because it was cold outside.

Turns out the thermostat was fucked and the car was overheating. She thought nothing of this or the fact that she was having to top up the coolant almost every other day. The cost to fix it was more than the car was worth and it was duly scrapped.

A skill I know for certain my wife wouldn't know how to do. She still can't top up the screenwash.

On 09/04/2021 at 10:24, hk blues said:

Mine is similar - she's up at 6am and doesn't stop until 10:30pm.  I have no idea what exactly she's doing half the time  but I know she takes  a nap mid-afternoon the lazy bitch!  She follows a routine so the floor gets swept after dinner regardless if it needs it etc.  I have to say it gets on my nerves as her pottering around almost makes me feel guilty when I'm sitting down with my feet up having  a beer.  Almost!

Stay strong.

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

I was in digs with a chap who was, among other things, the tea boy on site for Enterprise Ulster. (A scheme for getting workshy skivers chronic unemployed back to work.)

He used to dry the teabags out and re-use them. Not sure what benefit this was to him, as I'm sure the cost of the teabags wasn't coming out of his pocket. However, he had lived through the Depression, so maybe he was just frugal. u

Aye, presumably it was part of living through WWII and rationing. Old habits die hard. I've known a few Jewish people who grew up thinking it was weird that their grandparents lived quite frugally and didn't like keeping their money in banks; they worked out later on that it was so they could drop everything at a moment's notice and flee again.

1 hour ago, Joe Terrapin said:

A skill I know for certain my wife wouldn't know how to do. She still can't top up the screenwash.

I drove her car yesterday afternoon, I could barely see out through the baked on dirt, tried the washer, not a fucking drip.

On 15/03/2021 at 11:34, Jacksgranda said:

I think I started a new bottle on 17th February, and it's empty. That's only 4 weeks, and I don't think we've done 33 washes, maybe wouldn't be far off it all the same, some days there would be 2 washes done (like today) other days 0, like yesterday, so maybe averages 1 a day or slightly less, so maybe not far away from 33 washes.

I did notice whenever I was putting in the fabric softener I was nearly filling it to the max level - 50 ml - so cut that back.

Anyway, a new bottle is required for the second load so will report back when that is finished @beesher !

@beesher Bottle finished yesterday - 25 washes, so obviously being a bit heavy handed with the softener, unless there were wash loads put on I didn't know about. (34 washes was predicted.)

New bottle started the day, will report back, contain your excitement. 

24 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

@beesher Bottle finished yesterday - 25 washes, so obviously being a bit heavy handed with the softener, unless there were wash loads put on I didn't know about. (34 washes was predicted.)

New bottle started the day, will report back, contain your excitement. 

If you forget which day you started the new bottle (as if) you can link it to another headline world news event....the day Leitchy got his jag.

20 hours ago, mizfit said:

Just been told I’m having a party for my 30th.

I’ve repeatedly told her for nigh on a year I do not want a party.

She’s now told me that I do want one, despite my repeated statements.

I fucking hate parties.

20 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

I dare you not to turn up!

19 hours ago, mizfit said:

She’s been pre warned if she does I’ll walk out and go to the pub for the evening.

Go out during the day with yer mates and the lot fo you turn up absolutely fucking steaming. There'll be no more parties. 

Edited by Busta Nut

This thread is an absolute marvel. 

I’m not married but most of my friends are and I often find myself listening to “annoying things my husband does” type rants when in their company (or more accurately, things he doesn’t do). 

One of my favourites came from a work colleague who asked her husband why he never cleans the toilet. His response was “because I don’t make it dirty”. 

This thread is an absolute marvel. 

I’m not married but most of my friends are and I often find myself listening to “annoying things my husband does” type rants when in their company (or more accurately, things he doesn’t do). 

One of my favourites came from a work colleague who asked her husband why he never cleans the toilet. His response was “because I don’t make it dirty”. 

Perhaps he does clean it, using the famed P&B "piss chisel".

That's the sort of unseen, unheralded good work men do.....

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Maybe he's the king of the ghostie?

I would love to experience such a phenomenon. My toilet bowl is an awful design. The hole where the water sits is tiny. Basically, it is impossible to hit the water with...waste material. Even if I sit as far forward as possible, which in itself is hazardous in that there is a real chance of touching the porcelain with my willy (shudder), the jobby still ends up sitting on what is basically a shelf at the back of the toilet. This means I need to flush almost immediately but even then let's say "treads" remain. If you look down before flushing (we all do it!) it's like it's lying on a sun lounger smiliing up at you.

Here it is,

image.png.73d7a3458445c8e1ec2e0d5bae863955.png       Ergo, a ghostie is a dream.

Edited by jimbaxters