Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

I tend to do all the dishes even when I'm told that she'll do them (I know they'll sit for days). Low and behold I get moaned at when they're done cause I do them "all the time". There's really no winning in this scenario, it was especially bad when we had a tiny pokey kitchen in our old flat, now we've got a bigger place it's not so bad. 

12 hours ago, PB1994 said:

We have a dishwasher and the mrs still leaves her empty dishes on the worktop instead of putting them in, which is arguably even worse.

Yep.  Then walks past the dishwasher on the way out of the kitchen.  Mine also seems allergic to putting teabags in the fucking bin.

14 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Mine also seems allergic to putting teabags in the fucking bin.

Don't get me started on this. She just leaves them in the sink. They'd be left indefinitely if I didn't fish them out.

Her logic is the teabags are too hot for the food waste bucket when you take them straight out of the mug so they need to cool down first. Apparently this means leaving them in the sink forever.

Edited by Cyclizine

Don't get me started on this. She just leaves them in the sink. They'd be left indefinitely if I didn't fish them out.
Her logic is the teabags are too hot for the food waste bucket when you take them straight out of the mug so they need to cool down first. Apparently this means leaving them in the sink forever.
Why are they too hot for the bin?

Just now, dysartrovers said:
6 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

Why are they too hot for the bin?

Before we had the food waste bucket, she said the teabags were too hot for the bin. I can't claim any understanding of her logic on this, I've just come to accept it as an unchallengeable belief and tried to move on.

Just now, Cyclizine said:

Before we had the food waste bucket, she said the teabags were too hot for the bin. I can't claim any understanding of her logic on this, I've just come to accept it as an unchallengeable belief and tried to move on.

This is small in isolation, and I dont wish to be a downer, but I often wonder what the cumulative effects are of these wearing little acceptances of shite behaviour. 

I imagine by the age of 40 I am going to be a tired husk of the man I once was, and I am steadfast in my belief that every other c**t is the same

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

This is small in isolation, and I dont wish to be a downer, but I often wonder what the cumulative effects are of these wearing little acceptances of shite behaviour. 

I imagine by the age of 40 I am going to be a tired husk of the man I once was, and I am steadfast in my belief that every other c**t is the same

Having observed the mother-in-law making a cup of tea, the teabag-sink behaviour is definitely genetic.

Thankfully the wife, as I’m still calling her these days, doesn’t drink tea but would rival Shandon for his coffee consumption. What she does do though is pour the dregs of her coffee cup into the sink then leaves it without rinsing it down the plug hole. 

Every week the Brillo pad needs to be introduced to the sink just to de-brown it. 

I was gonna quote a few folk here but every post in the last couple of pages about mess/tea bags/ crumbs has me a seething mess as she's the exact fucking same.

I have one positive thing to say about those wee teabag halfway house things, the wee pointless dishes..... Last week I was trying to remember whether I had one or two cups of tea, as I wanted a second but wouldn't have had a third. And due to what I imagine is severe short term memory issues or possible dementia, I could not muster the answer till I spotted one bag in the wee dish. 

That said, i'm the only c**t that ever takes them to the bin

When I was wee, my old man used to leave teabags in the sink, and would fish them out later to make a second cup.

I was relieved to see that his second wife seemed to cure him of this abhorrent behaviour.

2 minutes ago, BFTD said:

When I was wee, my old man used to leave teabags in the sink, and would fish them out later to make a second cup.

I was relieved to see that his second wife seemed to cure him of this abhorrent behaviour.

Bludgeon him to death with a massive dildo?

I would have thought.

I managed to train her out of leaving teabags out. She used to leave them all in the spoon rest with spoons sticking out, my solution was to "accidently" smash the spoon rest and low and behold she's stopped leaving teabags everywhere. Now that a new spoon rest has been introduced the problem hasn't happened since, so it is possible!

The spoon rest with a tea bag in is a filthy habit. I wash the spoon rests and put them away and - instead of going in the bin - tea bags go on the counter where the spoon rest usually sits. Yet I leave my laptop on the dining table overnight between two shifts working from home and suddenly the house is a shit tip. 

5 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

My gf has the incredible habit of having a glass of water/juice/milk and drinking no more than 15% of it. When I pull her up on it after the glass has sat on a coaster for hours, "i just didn't want it".

Just fucking drink it.

My partner sometimes opens a can of Coke, has one big swig and then leaves the rest.

rainy_days_sunglasses.jpg.d8a3d111b00f09f599673834332a8cb7.jpg

This thread is fast turning into 'infuriating things your child does', for me.

I once discovered my son pouring a whole two-litre bottle of Pepsi down the sink because he'd opened it the day before, and now it was "old". Apparently this had been going on for some time.

5e223039bfb59934d5dd94e86044d805.gif