Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

6 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

This will already have been mentioned in sure but she plays videos on her phone out loud all the time. Infuriating.

😀 Our whole family hates my wife for this. And that thing where she only peels off half the foil off a margarine tub.

Sells a brand new unworn dress online.

her. Oh there’s somebody bought that dress.

me. Sold for a big loss no doubt.

her. That’s no matter.

me. Fukin is to me, My money paid for it in the first place.

Watching the game last night and Mrs Cambiebud decides to dust the TV just as McGinn scores. Thank God for rewind buttons. Why do they always think this is acceptable?

FFS. Your post suggests this isn’t a one off. It’s pathetic to accept that this is reasonable behaviour. Grow a pair.

10 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

This will already have been mentioned in sure but she plays videos on her phone out loud all the time. Infuriating.

Yup.

If i have a wee lie in and get up to make breakfast while she's watching some shite soap, absolute silence is required. 

Me watching the golf later that day is then punctuated by seemingly endless shitey TikTok videos. Last week I got fucked off with it and passed her the headphones with a sarky smile to which she replied "Fine I'll just go next door then". 

Splendid.

General mess and lack of cleaning up after herself.

Get home from work yesterday and she’s had soup and bread for lunch. Pot the soup was heated up in covered in dried in soup which will now be a huge pain in the arse to get off, same with the bowl she’s eaten it from. Bread crumbs everywhere, all utensils etc all over the kitchen. Apparently she was too busy to clean up. Too busy to take the (literally) 5 seconds to rinse the pot and bowl to avoid the soup drying onto them? f**k off.

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Get home from work yesterday and she’s had soup and bread for lunch. Pot the soup was heated up in covered in dried in soup which will now be a huge pain in the arse to get off, same with the bowl she’s eaten it from. Bread crumbs everywhere, all utensils etc all over the kitchen. Apparently she was too busy to clean up. Too busy to take the (literally) 5 seconds to rinse the pot and bowl to avoid the soup drying onto them? f**k off.

We all feel your pain. We're all here for you.

I Feel You Bro GIFs | Tenor

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Without going too far into the specifics, your ones concept of what constitutes busy sounds a lot like mine

3 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

That would absolutely grind my gears. My other half is like that, makes me glad I don't live with him.

Could put this on the Cūnts on the Road thread. She crawled through several roundabouts in 3rd year earlier. Then swerved in to the middle of the road passing junctions on the left if a car was approaching the give way lines.

I could sell it as a white knuckle ride.

Not so much something the other half has done that annoyed me today but her maw... wee man was supposed to be going to his aunts' house tomorrow as his aunt doesn't work a Thursday but he has changed his mind and wants to stay at home to play with his pals in the street. 

Her maw's not happy with that as she's thinking she won't get to see him this week and totally failing to grasp that it's better for him to play with kids his own age in the fresh air than spend a day himself with adults.

Or am I being ungrateful for the help offered?

17 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

Not so much something the other half has done that annoyed me today but her maw... wee man was supposed to be going to his aunts' house tomorrow as his aunt doesn't work a Thursday but he has changed his mind and wants to stay at home to play with his pals in the street. 

Her maw's not happy with that as she's thinking she won't get to see him this week and totally failing to grasp that it's better for him to play with kids his own age in the fresh air than spend a day himself with adults.

Or am I being ungrateful for the help offered?

Is he going to the Aunts because you need someone to watch him?

If he was going  round just because she was off but now wants to play with his pals then that’s absolutely fine IMO and they really shouldn’t be getting annoyed at that.

My man. Dishes are a massive pain in the arse for me. I just don’t understand why people can’t spend five minutes drying the dishes after they’re washed and put them away, the kitchen just looks like a total state if they’re left out. People say it’s unhygienic to dry them with a dish towel, but if you’re not a manky individual you’ll use a clean towel and stick it in the wash afterwards.

1 minute ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Just put the dishes in the dishwasher FFS. Full sink and empty dishwasher is infuriating.

We have a dishwasher and the mrs still leaves her empty dishes on the worktop instead of putting them in, which is arguably even worse.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Folk who put used dishes/plates/cups directly in an empty sink should be shot. 

Bit harsh. What, then, do we do with the people who find a sink of dishes left briefly unattended and drop their unrinsed plate in, food scrapings and all?

10 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Is he going to the Aunts because you need someone to watch him?

If he was going  round just because she was off but now wants to play with his pals then that’s absolutely fine IMO and they really shouldn’t be getting annoyed at that.

He was going there purely to let me get a full day done wfh without interruption. Her maws more concerned about that than either me or my employer but I reckon she's starting to feel a bit redundant in the 'gran looking after him while the parents work' sense 

12 hours ago, PB1994 said:

We have a dishwasher and the mrs still leaves her empty dishes on the worktop instead of putting them in, which is arguably even worse.

I actually don't mind this because then I can actually stack the dishwasher in a logical fashion so it only needs to go on a few times a week.