Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

2 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Some absolutely criminal behaviour by the P&B residents and their other halfs. 

Any sauce other than the standard tomato sauce on a pizza should be met with a hefty fine or some jail time depending on type of condiment and quantity.

Dips, well, they're maybe acceptable as they don't ruin the pizza entirely at plate or box level. So the pizza can still be shared with a normal person potentially. Participants of these actions should still be placed on some form or register and closely tracked though. This lot are borderline.

If you want spice, put some chillis on it or get yourself some spicy salami.

People who put fruit on a pizza should seek help and rehabilitation as its not too late for them,  I think they may just be suffering some sort of early life trauma.

Imagine going to Italy and seeing them putting garlic and basil on a fish supper or mixing some pesto sauce into haggis or something. And ill bet there are some savages on here that would like that too.

Some of you people disgust me.

I like a ham and pineapple pizza with a drizzle of barbecue sauce and encona hot chilli, but I guess not everyone has as sophisticated a palate as me.

Edited by coprolite
Autocorrect

Filling a skip yesterday, with me being there because of my superior ability to pack it efficiently, thus saving the rental of a second skip.

5 mins into the job:

Her: do you want this black binbag in the skip just now?

Me: No, they'll go in later, leave it to the side please.

10 secs later, I hear the crashing noise of a black bag landing in the the skip.  "Thought I was doing you a favour".

If we each had a side, this high spec cross-section illustrates what we'd end up with:

image.png.2c3d4cee494824e4e47939d74fcb81d8.png

Edited by Hedgecutter

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Filling a skip yesterday, with me being there because of my superior ability to pack it efficiently, thus saving the rental of a second skip.

5 mins into the job:

Her: do you want this black binbag in the skip just now?

Me: No, they'll go in later, leave it to the side please.

10 secs later, I hear the crashing noise of a black bag landing in the the skip.  "Thought I was doing you a favour".

If we each had a side, this high spec cross-section illustrates what we'd end up with:

image.png.2c3d4cee494824e4e47939d74fcb81d8.png

I hope you've showed her this. If not, do it and report back.

A pretty minor thing probably, but recently every joint run or walk comes with a little bonus ball. I might be old fashioned here but I tend to think if we're running an agreed route, or going for a walk "around the links", then when we have completed that route we will go home. 

Saturday we went running along the paths connecting Leith, Granton, Cannonmills etc. I was really stretching out to finish at the place we had agreed, a very unimpressive sight but to give a feeling of accomplishment. As I start walking, hands on hips, at the end she shoots past me shouting "c'mon, 6 more minutes! (to arbitrary round number)". This morning, just as we're turning the corner to our flat after a walk she says "shall we just go to Rishi's" to which I explained that was an extra 20 minutes easily and I wanted to play Hitman and be a genetically modified assassin for an hour or so of my annual leave before I have to study. 

Now this isn't a problem in and of itself, but she was in the mad American collegiate athlete world so her approach to all exercise (no euph) is terrifying.

But if I say no she'll refuse to go by herself which means we end up doing some compromise shorter add-on and then I have to put up with her thinking I'm really pissed off with her when really I'm just imagining reading my book or being a genetically modified assassin 

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan

When did pineapple become a pizza crime? When I was a kid, I remember there being far fewer toppings available at pizza places than there are now, but Hawaiian/Ham & Pineapple was always one of them.

In the US, they seem to think you're OFTW if you have anything on your pizza at all, except possibly pepperoni.

5 hours ago, BFTD said:

When did pineapple become a pizza crime? When I was a kid, I remember there being far fewer toppings available at pizza places than there are now, but Hawaiian/Ham & Pineapple was always one of them.

In the US, they seem to think you're OFTW if you have anything on your pizza at all, except possibly pepperoni.

Every Italian person I've ever met has taken the concept of pineapple on a pizza as a personal insult.

3 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

Every Italian person I've ever met has taken the concept of pineapple on a pizza as a personal insult.

Correct, although Nutella seems to be fair play.

Pizza Diavola (spicy salami) and a medium beer is an order which labels visitors as being British apparently.'

Oh, I've no doubt. But it's also amusing to see the reactions of people from China when trying "Chinese" food here, or probably anybody when trying our version of their country's food. I had "Fish & Chips" once in Arizona, and it was nothing like anything I'd ever had here. And I couldn't have haggis at all, because it's considered similar to eating dog shit and is (was?) illegal in the States for being harmful to human health (from the country that brought you the KFC Double Down burger; a piece of greasy fried chicken with cheese and bacon sandwiched between two other pieces of greasy fried chicken).

I was just wondering when Hawaiian pizza became hated here, considering it used to be one if the few staples of the...genre? Is that the right term for a type of foodstuff?  :huh:

Every American person I've ever met has said they invented pizza, or at least they invented the best ones. 

I didn't even know you could invent a food.