Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

Just now, Bairnardo said:
1 minute ago, Rugster said:
Absolutely correct. I regularly get dirty looks from Tesco staff for lifting boxes up/out and taking fruit or meat from the bottom or back. f**k them. 

I genuinely thought that was standard practice.

It’s why I don’t really like the idea of online Tesco shopping. Though to be fair we’ve used it twice due to circumstances and the dates on everything have been fine. 

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

It’s why I don’t really like the idea of online Tesco shopping. Though to be fair we’ve used it twice due to circumstances and the dates on everything have been fine. 

Yeah done online a couple of times and dates were generally okay, but I would undoubtedly have got better by doing it myself.

There's a group of Spanish scientists who have the patent for a film covering that's changes colour when your chicken etc is off. Something to do with the gasses the meat releases. 

They've been trying to get supermarkets to take it in for about a year now with little success. 

Slightly OT but fruit from Tesco is generally awful. We started using a local delivery company and it's streets ahead. Blueberries have always been a bland fruit for me yet from this place I could eat them in one sitting.

*OH cleans bathroom*
*DOTL heads to bathroom later same fucking day*
"You better not be going for a shite. I've just cleaned that"

Fucks sakes. Am I supposed to shite in the fucking bin because the bathroom looks nice? Fucking nonsense. Hilariously it was a toffee arse scenario and left fabulous skid marks.

*OH cleans bathroom*

Fucks sakes. Am I supposed to shite in the fucking bin because the bathroom looks nice? Fucking nonsense. Hilariously it was a toffee arse scenario and left fabulous skid marks.
Do it on a dinner plate and give it to her for the disposal route of her preference.

We had a 'move night 🤢' on Saturday so went to Asda for some booze and crisps, usual stuff.  We got home and fired the assortment of crisps into a bowl so we can nibble away.  Go through to the kitchen for my 2nd can of the evening and the empty crisp packets are strewn over the worktop and on the floor, along with the bottle top of her wine bottle and a handful of crisps, that have clearly been stood on and crushed.

It's wee things like that which do my cunt in.  How fucking hard is it to chuck them in the bin, which she walks past when she exits the kitchen?

Nearly forgot, we watched Parasite and it was superb.

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

We had a 'move night 🤢' on Saturday so went to Asda for some booze and crisps, usual stuff.  We got home and fired the assortment of crisps into a bowl so we can nibble away.  Go through to the kitchen for my 2nd can of the evening and the empty crisp packets are strewn over the worktop and on the floor, along with the bottle top of her wine bottle and a handful of crisps, that have clearly been stood on and crushed.

It's wee things like that which do my c**t in.  How fucking hard is it to chuck them in the bin, which she walks past when she exits the kitchen?

Nearly forgot, we watched Parasite and it was superb.

So what movie did you watch?

On 31/01/2021 at 17:38, Day of the Lords said:

*OH cleans bathroom*

I'm frankly amazed that Mrs DOTL hasn't introduced you to the little brush that sits on the floor by the lavvie.

I take it she's just using your toothbrush to remove your...detritus.

Refuses to just put things in their place. Have a little key dish in the hall, but today went to get my keys to go to work and they’re not there. She’s in the shower so I spend 10 mins searching the flat, then when she gets out and I ask it turns out they’re in her jacket pocket for some inexplicable reason. 

How fucking difficult is it to just put them in the dish when you come through the door?

Edited by Honest_Man#1

41 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Refuses to just put things in their place. Have a little key dish in the hall, but today went to get my keys to go to work and they’re not there. She’s in the shower so I spend 10 mins searching the flat, then when she gets out and I ask it turns out they’re in her jacket pocket for some inexplicable reason. 

How fucking difficult is it to just put them in the dish when you come through the door?

We've got one of them, only person who uses it is me. Guess who the only person who ever "loses" their keys and cards is, I'll give you a clue, this one's not me!

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

I'm frankly amazed that Mrs DOTL hasn't introduced you to the little brush that sits on the floor by the lavvie.

I take it she's just using your toothbrush to remove your...detritus.

I'm fully aware of its presence and function - it's just amusing to hear her shouts of WTF when she's daft enough to go in immediately after me. 

15 minutes ago, Widge said:

We've got one of them, only person who uses it is me. Guess who the only person who ever "loses" their keys and cards is, I'll give you a clue, this one's not me!

It's amazing isn't it?  When you put something in the same place every day, it just stays there until you pick it up again.  You know it's there, it's always going to be there, and you never lose it.  

Contrast that to the wife, who haphazardly flings her keys, purse, phone anywhere she likes, sometimes without even looking, and then wonders why she's on the phone to the bank once a month cancelling her lost bank card and arranging a new one to be sent out.  Or on the phone to the phone company having her SIM card  blocked in case someone has half-inched her mobile.

On 31/01/2021 at 17:38, Day of the Lords said:

*OH cleans bathroom*

When we’re away staying at a hotel, she demands I go for my morning shite at the reception/bar